TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

The Upcoming Shows/Rumored Fights Thread

Also, don't sweat Brown much, EHME. Dude could barely outstrike a fatigued Kim, so there's little chance he's going to do so against AJ.

Exactly. I like Brown, but too many people are starting to hype him up for the pure owning of Sell (I don't mean here but it's going on at a lot of other boards). That had more to do with Sell sucking than Brown becoming this elite world class striker.

Cramer I can sort of understand, but Lawlor? I had hoped the UFC was moving past such TUF-centric matchmaking.

Lawlor won his fight on TUF 8 Finale, so he'll get one more chance.

Either way I'm happy for CB. Me and him are internet pals, and he's been stressing about not getting a fight for awhile now. So now he's finally got a fight to look forward to, I'm sure he'll be more happier.

CB is probably lucky that the Phalhares fight didn't go through. He'd end up doing another phantom tap, then a real one when Tree Stump tears the shit out of his knee.

Yeah, even though CB's my boy... He ain't ready for someone with the level of BJJ like Phalhares.

Hey, he hit a Brazil kick against Sell. And it was a nice one too.

And Cantwell nailed one against the One-Armed Man, but I ain't picking him over someone like Jones anytime soon.

EDIT: That's unfair. Cantwell still has room to grow; Brown doesn't.

Also, I totally forgot about Lawlor's TUF Finale bout. Ever since my UFC Vault membership expired, it's been easier for me to forget about undercard fights.

Props to Soko for still fighting top-level competition but he needs a win or two under his belt for confidence sake. Another loss is going to hurt him badly and make no mistake, he's going to lose this fight.

Yeah. I'd rather see Hendo or Marq get a(nother) shot first. Maia's kickass, but his biggest win is Nate Quarry? He's beaten good gatekeepers with Sonnen and MacDonald

As is Sonnen.

Although Filho fought like a bitch, the fact is Sonnen beating him did put him into the Top 10, and Maia beating him put him in the top 10. Either way, I think Dana is looking for new blood to fight Anderson and doesn't want to resort to rematches right away, unless it's a big name like Franklin. Marquardt isn't a big name, and Anderson already beat him. Henderson will get the next shot if he beats Bisping, but thats only a few weeks before this fight takes place so it doesn't work out.

Man everyone sure is writing off Leites, can't say I disagree but damn. Also, that gif of Silva and Leites in LordoftheCurry's signature might be the greatest thing ever.

Any word on GSP/Silva by the way? I know that's gotta be happening if they both defend successfully in the coming few months.

Probably not until 2010, if that. Silva's got Leites and then the winner of Henderson/Bisping before the year is up. Don't really know who GSP's next challenger would be after Alves.

Damn that's a long time. Not a great fight in terms of a styles match-up but can't say I'm looking forward to any fight more than that one.

And that's a lot of time for one of them to lose, I can't see that match being worth it without them both still on streaks. Hopefully they stay this good.

Probably not until 2010, if that. Silva's got Leites and then the winner of Henderson/Bisping before the year is up. Don't really know who GSP's next challenger would be after Alves.

Theres a few options, Swick if he beats Saunders sticks out in my mind the most though.