TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

EliteXC: Heat

Ken Shamrock knows how to sell a fight.

A little shove here. A little pull apart. And the MMA world is abuzz due to the HATRED~!

Shamrock would probably be a damn good promoter if he could handle money.

I got a year free of Showtime thanks to directv and this whole week Ive been watching the EliteXC stuff and at 1:30 if I can stay up, Kimbo Slice's first bout from last year is on but I'll watch tomorrow night definitely.

OK, so someone explain to me why they've got a Caranoweight match but Mrs. Cyborg's match is at the very conventional 148? Can they just set Caranoweight at 145 and be done with it?

Ken Shamrock was the fighter that attracted me to the sport as a teen and he is still my favorite. I wouldn't mind if he won but I don't want the Kimbo Express to be derailed just yet. Rutten have lost to the ankelock twice against Shamrock must have Kimbo seeing the counter in his sleep.

Shamrock is essentially MMA's Mayorga but I'm glad he is getting the big payday.

Kimbo by annihilation RD 1

I think we will get Carano vs Cyborg on the first EliteXC pay-per view.

I know it more than likely won't happen, but I would love to see Shamrock get one more win and call it a day. You can see he still wants it, but you can also see he's way past it.

For as appealing as the notion of Kimbo epic-failing on national TV as horrified ProElite execs look on is, I still can't bring myself to root for Shamrock, who's an irredeemable douchebag and bonafide moron.

Of course, an Arrichion-esque conclusion would be awesome.

I understand the "I feel bad for Gina" talk going around. I personally don't feel bad for her at all. Yes, she had to go to sleep last night knowing that a buncha Sherdoggers rubbed one out to her getting naked on the scales but hey, make the fuckin' weight next time and you can avoid situations like this.

We're suppose to feel bad cause we got a boob shot?

And last night, I told my brother, my best friend and their girlfriends about the Shamrock/Kimbo fight tonight. They are both casual MMA fans, where they know the bigger stars but don't really remember the undercard or said bigger stars fight histories. But neither of them knew about this show, but both gave the same response.

"OH MY GOD SHAMROCK IS GONNA GET MURDERED! WE NEED TO WATCH THIS!"

Quick main card picks:

- Rua is actually too well-rounded to make a loss to him truly embarassing enough for Radach, so Benji probably pulls it out via KO in the 2nd, only to be then submitted in his next bout... by Pete Spratt.

- Kobald is simply being brought in so her handlers can say "See? Gina can beat people her own size!," nevermind that Kobald is likely to be rusty as all hell and was never good to begin with. Kobald makes it to the second on account of hilariously amateurish 3 minute rounds, while Cyborg wonders if being too murderously awesome in her own bouts is counterproductive to securing a future bout with Carano.

- Unless you're banking on a serious Arlovski meltdown (which isn't entirely hard to imagine against anyone), the idea that Nelson brings any skill with which to challenge Arlovski, outside of being hard to KO, is laughable. His best bet is to Leben his way into a counterpunch and hope that breaks Andrei mentally before the ref decides he needs to save Nelson's life.

- If Shields were a worse wrestler and grappler than he is... Daley would still probably lose. As is, Shields is a solid wrestler and world class BJJ practitioner, so Daley losing via another quick submission is the likely outcome.

- Don't care. Going for drinks after Shields/Daley.

I understand the "I feel bad for Gina" talk going around. I personally don't feel bad for her at all. Yes, she had to go to sleep last night knowing that a buncha Sherdoggers rubbed one out to her getting naked on the scales but hey, make the fuckin' weight next time and you can avoid situations like this.

There was a moment earlier in the weigh-in where the lower towel wasn't quite in the correct position and it was pretty clear that she was still wearing underwear on the bottom. They could've easily just not paid so much attention to the bottom towel and made sure they covered her top. The extra towels in the back probably weren't that necessary either. They could have easily avoided that moment. I'm starting to feel like it was a set-up.

Kimbo Slice vs Ken Shamrock- Sentiment is with Ken but everything else says Kimbo by annihilation.

Kimbo RD 1 KO 1:35

Jake Shields (Champion) vs Paul Daley (Challenger) for the EliteXC WW Title- I like Shields striking and I think it will make the difference in the fight.

Shields 2nd RD TKO 3:03

Gina Carano vs Kelly Kobald-Gavin- Carano is the better striker and has shown she can win even though she is gassed.

Carano 3rd RD KO 2:05

Murilo Rua vs Benji Radach- Shogun's little brother gets redemption on the big stage. I would like to see a rematch with Lawler after this win.

Rua by unanimous decision.

Andrei Arlovski vs Roy Nelson- Arlovski seems reborn ever since he left the UFC and I expect his winning streak to continue.

Arlovski by unanimous decision.

There was a moment earlier in the weigh-in where the lower towel wasn't quite in the correct position and it was pretty clear that she was still wearing underwear on the bottom. They could've easily just not paid so much attention to the bottom towel and made sure they covered her top. The extra towels in the back probably weren't that necessary either. They could have easily avoided that moment. I'm starting to feel like it was a set-up.

See how the towel fell? Back and to the left...

Back and to the left.

By Dave Meltzer

Tonight's Ken Shamrock vs. Kimbo Slice main event is in jeopardy because of a cut suffered by Ken Shamrock.

Nothing is definite at the moment but we have confirmed a few things. First is that Frank Shamrock, who has not trained at all, did volunteer to take the fight but because he wasn't licensed in Florida the commission nixed it. Seth Petruzelli, who is licensed and was scheduled for the undercard, was also asked but as of last word, Kimbo Slice's people have not accepted the fight.

It is not 100% that Shamrock is off, but at this moment everything is going on the assumption he will not be fighting.

By Dave Meltzer

With the show ready to start, there is nothing official regarding the main event.

Ken Shamrock, who was scheduled to face Kimbo Slice in the main event, was cut and the match has been off, on, off and may be back on in the past several hours. Ken Shamrock wants to fight but the problem has been getting the commission doctor to approve the fight. As of a few minutes ago, it appeared they were going to let Shamrock fight and the main event would be back on, but nothing is official.

NOTE: The night's scheduled main event between Ken Shamrock and Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson has been scratched due to an injury suffered by Shamrock. MMAjunkie.com will have more on this breaking story shortly.

That REALLY sucks for Elite XC. I wonder if they can find someone to replace him. Shame the commision won't let Frank do it.