TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thoth

PROMO: The beginning of the sequel

-FOUR MONTHS AGO-

"Baby, isn't that the wrestling you used to do?"

A woman rolls and motions to the television in the room. The SWF is on display. The person next to her sits up and pays attention.

Yeah, the person next to her is Thoth. His hair used to be dyed red, with some kind of a pompadour thing going on. It's cut shorter now, and it's back to its natural black. "Yeah, I did do that. But that was a long time ago. Years."

"Why'd you quit?"

Thoth speaks without pausing. "I lost my purpose. I was there for a reason. And, it's not like the reason was taken from me. It didn't even slip away. Just faded."

"Are you sad about it?"

"I used to be," says Thoth. "Not anymore."

A moment passes. The room is quiet. It is dim. Not completely dark, though; there's light coming from a thin window placed high up on the wall, almost to the ceiling. The TV is still going too, blasting flickering images on the screen.

"Sorry," she says suddenly, her head turning away suddenly. "I didn't mean to upset you."

Oh, by the way, they're speaking in Japanese. Because they're in Japan. DURRRRRRR-

"Ugh," Thoth thinks to himself. "Japanese women. Marry you for your wallet. I hate this country."

The TV is still going. It's still the SWF. Stars Thoth recognizes, stars he has not seen before. It's the only thing that can reasonably hold his attention, outside of the woman in his bed. Something comes on the screen. Something that has his attention.

"Who... who is that?"

He sits up, and scoots closer to the edge of the bed.

"My god, I- I- Oh man. This, this is... oh man."

"What, what is it?" asks the woman.

"I... I have to go." He throws on his pants, and leaves his shirt unbuttoned.

---

There are a number of thoughts swirling through Thoth's mind as he leaves his house, and walks headlong into a gust. As it passes, two thoughts settle above others.

"I need to meet this person, the one I just saw on the TV. In the ring."

And,

"I need help."

I'm thoroughly confused in the best way possible.

Promo edited. The line now reads:

"I need to meet this person, the one I just saw on the TV. In the ring."

Sign in to follow this