TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

2009 NBA Basketball Games

frustration comes from more realistic gameplay...i watched my brother play live when i went home the other day...did 3 spin moves on the same possession and ended up with a wide open dunk, all this playing the game on the the hardest setting...2k9 is more realistic...which usually leads to more heaches trying to beat the cpu...(the catch up thing pisses me off too, but more because i feel like i could stop if it if i made the right calls)..

anyone noticing the living roster stuff for 2k9...this is way better than they did previously...they were right on top of the oden injury and iverson trades...much better job this year..

yeah it makes online play that much more interesting. Nothing is more boring than playing online with 3 week old rosters...plus especially with this whole other season thing 2k is doing they need to be up to date

Ok, so I'm in the playoffs in my NBA 2k9 Association...and my team absolutely sucks. I have 2 players, Deng and Rose who are still in the 80s, but everyone else has like -9 or -8 to their stats, so I have guys like Peja Stojakovic rated 71 and it's really pissing me off, as it really shows in-game, where majority of my players are shooting like 30%.

What exactly is the reason for the negative stats, is it the progressive fatigue feature, or the fact that these guys have low morale? (Pretty much everyone on my team is bitching about no playing time, and I'm wondering if that's because I play with less minutes then the sim quarters, which shows up in the statistics? Don't know, but it's annoying)

So how are everyone's franchises going? I'm using the Bulls in 2K9, and though I haven't played nearly as many games as in, say, my NHL 09 dynasty, I'm loving this so far. Playing 7 minute quarters on All-Star, I'm 16 games in, sitting at 9-7 after a thrilling overtime win in San Antonio. That's good for 1st by 1 game in the division and 4th in the Eastern Conference.

Derrick Rose leads the league in scoring with 23.6 PPG. On the downside, Drew Gooden, playing in only his 6th game of the season after just coming back from a separated shoulder, got the same injury on a loose ball dive and is out another 2-4 weeks, or 5-9 games. He's the Kevin Nash of my team.

I got Live '09 for Christmas.

I know the general consensus is that more people like 2K (and for years, so did I), but when I downloaded the demos this year, I just liked the feel of Live more. Sue me.

I'm off to a 7-1 start with the Cavs in my franchise. The slip-screen pick and roll with Z and either LeBron or Mo Williams is virtually unstoppable. LeBron is ridiculously good at getting to the rim too. Good times.

That is awesome.

I started an Association with the Oklahoma City Thunder on NBA 2K9 a while back and haven't really touched it since.

I have a hard time staying focused and committed to these things nowadays.

An Online Assocation would be a lot better IMO, because I would actually want to commit to it, because I'd be competing against other people.

Guest Vitamin X

I love the hell out of NBA 2k9. I re-aligned the divisions to make a bit more sense geographically, and ended up having to move Milwaukee to the West and Memphis to the East. This ended up with quite the interesting schedule.

Good game. Any non-conference road games I'm just playing through with HoopCast, so I can make my subs and watch the game unfold to my liking.

Man I want to get this game. It was 40 at Target but that shit was sold out. I'm still waiting for the price drop.

EDIT: And it turns out that the price has dropped. Best Buy 40 bucks, Amazon 36.99.

Seeking achievements, I played my first random last night in a ranked game. He was a pretty cool guy, a fellow wrestling fan from NorCal, so we had a nice Warriors vs. Lakers (me) battle. I blew a 10 point lead, and we traded 1 point advantages in the final 2 minutes.

With Kobe mobbed upon receiving the inbound pass, I drained a baby hook with Gasol with 2.6on the clock. I got a block with Bynum as time expired to win 83-82. Epic. Good to know one can still find good people and players in ranked/random matches, and I got 2 achievements- One Ranked Win and Team 2K, both of which you guys all probably already have.

Seeking achievements, I played my first random last night in a ranked game. He was a pretty cool guy, a fellow wrestling fan from NorCal, so we had a nice Warriors vs. Lakers (me) battle. I blew a 10 point lead, and we traded 1 point advantages in the final 2 minutes.

With Kobe mobbed upon receiving the inbound pass, I drained a baby hook with Gasol with 2.6on the clock. I got a block with Bynum as time expired to win 83-82. Epic. Good to know one can still find good people and players in ranked/random matches, and I got 2 achievements- One Ranked Win and Team 2K, both of which you guys all probably already have.

I picked those achievements up as well.

I'll probably have a harder time getting the 5 game streak achievement, because even on 2K8 I had a hard time winning more than 2 or 3 in a row.

You can't play ranked games against friends online, unless you, for some reason, get really lucky when you're matching up for them.

As far as I know, anyway.

My GT is projectreaL1ty, and I'm up for games whenever I'm on, most likely.

Guest Vitamin X

I was playing some of this last night and well, suffice to say, I can remember now why it was that I didn't miss having an Xbox Live membership all that much. The lag was just incredible, and I was playing on a Comcast connection (the expensive one!) late at night, too. No reason why there should have been as much lag as there was, but basically it screwed me up completely because I had to adjust to shooting the ball a bit differently, releasing it earlier so that it would fall. Same B.S. happened with the free throws.

I'm up for games also if anyone wants to play. My GT is TsunamiWveChain. The one thing I really like to do online though, is the team-up games. You get like 3-5 people usually on two teams and you're locked into one player (and whoever you want subbing in for them over the course of the game). It's pretty fun because then I don't feel as responsible for it when I get my BUTT whopped (although you get a "teammate rating"- I usually get about a C+ or B). Another thing I hate about playing online is you get people who just make playing online a lot less fun, and I'm not even talking about the dumb talking on the headset or whatever, but more that people just figure out how to run these cheeser little trick plays over and over again and by the time you figure out how to stop it, it's too late because the quarters are 5 minutes long. Pretty lame.

Question, on 2k9 can you change the User/CPU settings without changing the Home/Away settings?

I have adjusted sliders, since I personally hated the default computer settings. I found it too difficult, so the user settings were raised some while the computer was lowered. And when playing with a friend, we noticed an insane home team advantage, we thought it was just crazy luck, but I looked at the sliders during the game, and the Home team had higher sliders then the Away team. (which I'm guessing is because I have CPU/user settings changed)

So it is possible from them to be 2 different settings, or am I going to always have to go through the hassle of changing them when I want to play a friend?

Team up, from what I've heard, is laggy. It depends on opponents' and teammates' connections, too.

This is true.

If you team up with someone who has a bad connection, your game might not even last that long.

I had this happen to me one time.

I (along with a few others) teamed up with a guy who didn't have a good connection, and wound up lagging us out pretty quick.

Tried again without him, and it worked just fine.

Not being able to play online ranked games against friends really sucks too.

These things are why I stuck with 2k5, even though the rosters are dated... I tried playing live 2006 and I despised it.

Hey assholes, accept my friend request so we can ball. Anyone else with the game, post your GTs.

I lost two close games yesterday. First against the Magic, I was the Hawks. I had the ball, last possession, tied, and Maurice Evans misses a layup. I lose in OT by 4. Next game I'm down by 2 with the last shot, and Steve Nash misses a 3 against the Rockets. Fuck. Then I face the Lakers, so I pick the Cavs to even shit out. Things are going fine, this guy abusing Kobe and whatever, but I have the lead, then my connection gets lost and I get a loss for that shit too. So yeah, not a good day! Although I did get A+ teammate rating, playing as Iverson.

I finally have had time to catch up on my games, so I popped in this. I did the ReelViewer thing just to get the couple achievement points on it, but I couldn't find anywhere to delete the one I downloaded. I rather not take up space on my hard drive with it, anyone know if there is a way to get rid of it that I am missing?