TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuitarist

What's the worst

Where does she work where she would acquire WHL hats?

She's a store manager at Lids.

I applied for the very same job at the soon-to-open St. Catharines location. A TSM connection is a good vibe.

Pretty much all the Buffalo teams. Bills is horrid, Sabres would be semi-acceptable if it hadn't fallen into the same trap the Bills did: do not give your team a buffalo logo unless the team name is Buffaloes! It's like they came up with the name, realized they had no idea how to do a logo that wasn't complete shit, and just said "Fuck it, use a buffalo, they'll get the idea."

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

They figured out how to do a Buffalo Sabres logo: a buffalo and a pair of sabres. Then they replaced it with a goat head. Then they replaced it with a slug. Now I think they went back to the original.

They figured out how to do a Buffalo Sabres logo: a buffalo and a pair of sabres. Then they replaced it with a goat head. Then they replaced it with a slug. Now I think they went back to the original.

The alt logo during the Goat Head era was perfectly acceptable:

BuffaloSabresAlternateOld.png

"Here, honey, an Alexander Mogilny sweater from 1995." Canadian romance.

"What, they didn't have a Doug Bodger?" Canadian marriage.

Dandy in this thread about 10 posts up mentions he knew of a high school in Poca that actually named their sports teams the DOTS and mentioned that Mick Foley mentioned it in his book. That's both awesome and horrible that you missed that.

If we're going to "go there" with high school mascots, here's a few:

-My first Catholic high school's mascot was the Crusaders. I thought nothing of it in the early '90s, but it seems pretty offensive now.

-My second Catholic high school's mascot was the Friars. Yeah, there was a friar outfit complete with a bald, bulbous head that looked a bit like Popeye.

What about the Sarnia Sting Czech? They have a one word syllable team name?

Edit: Sting was also my elementary school's team name.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

My school mascots:

Lancers

Huskies

Cougars

Vikings

Cardinals

I'll mention what I think is a great mascot in here. IU-Purdue in Ft. Wayne (IPFW) are the Mastodons. That's awesome.

Guest Vitamin X

I was a Viking in elementary school, a Lobo (yes this was downright stupid- La Mesa Lobos) in jr. high, a Viking in High School, and a Viking in college. Purple and gold for elementary and high school, but my college one is black/white and green, which is nicer since I don't have to feel like a fucking Minnesota Vikings fan.

True story: I almost felt like transferring to another high school where I grew up because although they were the Cowboys, they wore Green and Gold and their jerseys looked like Green Bay's, except it was a C on the helmet instead of a G. When our two schools played, I felt something of an internal conflict.

If we're going to "go there" with high school mascots, here's a few:

-My first Catholic high school's mascot was the Crusaders. I thought nothing of it in the early '90s, but it seems pretty offensive now.

-My second Catholic high school's mascot was the Friars. Yeah, there was a friar outfit complete with a bald, bulbous head that looked a bit like Popeye.

Pius XI Popes (Milwaukee, WI)

This guy has a huge list of odd college and high school nicknames:

http://www.halcyon.com/marcs/mascot.html

School mascots:

Boone Bears (elementary)

Olle Owls (middle school)

Elsik Rams (high school)

C.E. King Panthers (high school)

Robert E. Lee Generals (high school)

Univ. Texas at Brownsville Scorpions (college)

Univ. of Houston Cougars (college)

Oh,

Akron Zips. WTF is a Zip?

The University of Akron's athletic teams are known as the "Zips," originally short for "Zippers," rubber overshoes made by the BF Goodrich Company that were nationally popular in the 1920s and 1930s.