TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

UFC 90: Silva vs Cote

Not sure when it'll happen but methinks Silva adds Cote's name next to Leben on the "Never been KO'd until now" list. Pat's chin is solid but...well....so was Leben's.

What's everybody think of Clementi/Maynard? IMO Rich is getting overlooked here by a wide margain. He's tough as hell and well-rounded, only way Maynard is beating him is outwrestling him to a decision, I can see him being very active from the bottom and giving Gray trouble standing.

Rich Clementi's stand up is subpar... Gray stand up is getting better every fight, I think he would expose Clementi on his feet, but wont KO him because Clementi can take punishment.

Clementi has solid wrestling himself, and I think he could catch Gray in a submission. Tough fight to call, I'm gonna say Gray by UD.

Yikes. Your Clementi bias is coming out pretty badly here. Have you seen Clementi/Stout? I honest to God hope not because if you did then you're talking goofy as Rich's striking looked very good, he utilized head movement well and landed some nice combo's. Gray has never gotten the better of anybody standing yet and I don't see it starting now.

Fuck that, in no way is Cote winning good for anyone but Cote and his boys.

It's not gonna happen anyway, biggest underdog in a loooooooooooooong time. Wider gap than Serra-GSP in my opinion.

Pretty much, yeah. With Serra/GSP there was always the chance of a good shot wobbling GSP. I literally have tried to conceive ways of Cote winning and nothing comes to mind.

And the city of Montreal.

Most people I know in Montreal want to see Anderson Silva knock his head off of his shoulders. The only people that don't, train with him.

By all accounts, an arrogant dick.

If Silva loses to Cote then everyone pretty much thinks he gets a rematch right away and wins it right back. However it would kill his unbeatable mystiq about him and make future fights a little more competative

And the city of Montreal.

Most people I know in Montreal want to see Anderson Silva knock his head off of his shoulders. The only people that don't, train with him.

By all accounts, an arrogant dick.

My cousins met him at the club more then once, and he said he's a cool guy. Same with GSP, and Loiseau... But but cousin says Goulet is an ass.

Goulet is actually really nice. I'd go so far as to call him a geek, and I mean that in the nicest way.

A lot of people get the wrong impression when they meet these guys in public, they extrapolate one chance encounter with a judgement of the person's character as a whole. Sometimes they're having a bad day, but for the most part these guys know to be polite and nice because it means a lot for their image. But I'm pretty sure Cote is an ass based on his general demeanor.

The Big Mac section was very funny.

Paintball with frozen balls?? Damn.

I know I am stating the oh-so-obvious, but it does *not* suck to be Anderson Silva.

Weigh-in notes....

- HATE in the staredown between Franca and Aurelio. Maybe somebody (*coughTongcough*) could fill us in on the bad blood between the two.

- Fisher looked great

- Burkman missed weight

- Sherk is now in the Tim Sylvia Heel Hall of Fame. Dude's never going to get cheered.

- Koscheck got the Love to Hate heel heat

- Cote looks, if nothing else in shape

- HATE in the staredown between Franca and Aurelio. Maybe somebody (*coughTongcough*) could fill us in on the bad blood between the two.

Franca and all of American Top Team have big time beef...

It had to do with Franca awarding Kurt Pellegrino his black belt in BJJ. And Ricardo Liborio the head BJJ instructor at ATT, has said that he can be the only one in ATT that awards black belts. Franca took offense to this and made a picture vandelizing the ATT symbol and sent it to Liborio.

Watching that All Access was, honest to God, depressing as shit. You might lead a good life, love a good woman, do things you dreamed of.

But at the end of the day it hits home that you'll never be as cool as Anderson Silva.

The best part about the Franca thing is that they took a picture with him, Pellegrino and someone else in front of the ATT building giving the finger while holding up the black belt. Maybe he'll never be a world champion, but it's hard to hate a guy as affable and with as much heart as Hermes Franca. Call it the Mark Hunt effect.

Really solid card top to bottom, I'm even interested in the main event, just to see how far Cote has really come before he gets smashed.