TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AmericanDragon

Gran Torino

This is getting compared to Crash, in that it's being universally praised despite shallow, ham-fisted writing.

I really got into the movie, though the terrible acting outside of Clint made it difficult at times.

This is getting compared to Crash, in that it's being universally praised despite shallow, ham-fisted writing.

I really got into the movie, though the terrible acting outside of Clint made it difficult at times.

While the acting was cringe inducing in a couple of scenes, given that they were mostly newcomers and non-professionals, I let it slide.

I enjoyed it. It was simple little character driven movie. Almost over simplistic in some points. At times I got a "made for tv movie" vibe. Still, I cared about all the characters and the story had a fitting conclusion, so its all good with me.

7/10

Excellent movie, and I didn't find the acting quite cringe inducing, but during the scenes with the gangs and Toad I did find myself wondering when Clint was gonna be on screen again.

Still need to see this!

My friends and I were talking about this the other day, after watching the trailer. Clint Eastwood would make a PERFECT Old Snake if they were to ever make a Metal Gear movie.