TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest C*Z*E*C*H

BLACK PEOPLE IN COMMERCIALS

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

My favorites:

"Give up Comcast? I'd rather remarry my ex-husband!"

"That thing got my blood a'boilin!"

Who are your favorite black people in commercials?

EDIT: I dunno if it's only radio or if it's on TV too, but the one where the black person expects no more than a piddling little tote bag as a reward from National City Bank, and when he is told of all the superior rewards he will soon reap, he says with elation simmering beneath his gruff demeanor, "...can ah steel git the tote bag??" I like that one. Simple pleasures.

Guest Smues

Well you stole my #1, so I'll have to go with the black guy that's at the end of a bunch of Aflac commercials and never talks.

I like all the wonderfully stereotypical Popeyes chicken commercials I used to see while in Kansas. It'd always have some early 90's Will Smith dressed black guy dancing around in joy with fried chicken flying around in the background.

I'll never be able to find this, but there was a commercial in 03/04-ish for CanadaReconnect, a fly-by-night phone company. This black woman was complaining about her outrageous phone bill. Her reasoning? "It was my cahhhhhhzin's fault".

I'll never be able to find this, but there was a commercial in 03/04-ish for CanadaReconnect, a fly-by-night phone company. This black woman was complaining about her outrageous phone bill. Her reasoning? "It was my cahhhhhhzin's fault".

Winner. I rewound that commercial quite a few times to make sure what I heard was real.

I suppose I could make a mild racism case re: black people/orange soda (if it were grape, that would be more serious), but I like this one for Dominique's dumbass grin at the end.

For me, it is Eddie Steeples of My Name is Earl fame as he goes through the office with the supply cart as "Rubberband Man" by The Spinners plays. It was a Staples commercial, I do believe.

I understand the thread, but I have a serious favorite.

Winner. I rewound that commercial quite a few times to make sure what I heard was real.

A friend of mine still says that when she's drunk. It's her answer to my Armando Alejandro Estrada.

I remember that now! Great stuff. In the early 00's I used to see a commercial for phone reconnection where a man dressed as a superhero pitched the idea to cut off customers. The best part of his costume as his Winged Eagle era WWE Title.

No "Black People in Commercials" thread is complete without this:

Guest Smues

I remember that now! Great stuff. In the early 00's I used to see a commercial for phone reconnection where a man dressed as a superhero pitched the idea to cut off customers. The best part of his costume as his Winged Eagle era WWE Title.

No "Black People in Commercials" thread is complete without this:

Without even clicking it I know which one that is. Good choice too. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? NINTENDO TO MAKE ONE??