TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

Your five favourite guys/teams right now.

Who are your five favourite wrestlers/tag-teams/acts at this moment in time?

For me, it's:

1) THE Brian Kendrick (WWE)

2) Motor City Machineguns (TNA)

3) Evan Bourne (WWE)

4) Main Event Mafia (TNA)

5) Randy Orton (WWE)

--

Of course, it's not just limited to WWE and TNA, but they're what i'm watching at the moment. Who's among your marking out moments?

Edit: It's hard to leave out Great Khali right now.

I've really only been watching WWE lately, so I'd have to say...

1. Evan Bourne

2. Chris Jericho

3. Santino Marella

4. John Morrison & The Miz

5. Charlie Haas

If we're talking just current it would be:

- Chris Jericho

- THE Brian Kendrick

- Evan Bourne

- Age of the Fall (Black & Jacobs)

- CM Punk

Since Jericho has donned the suit and been more serious he's just been gold. His reign was criminally short. At least it was better than the last one.

Kendrick is just great. The music, the attire, the attitude - I love it all.

Bourne has just been the most exciting thing to watch on WWE tv in forever. No one else is doing anything close to what he's doing at the moment. It's just such a breath of fresh air.

AOTF I find to be a fun tag team, both can really go in singles as well. I like their poser revolution schtick.

Punk I just love because I've been following him since he started in ROH, it's just so much fun seeing a wrestler I'm emotionally invested in succeed.

I've really only been watching WWE lately, so I'd have to say...

1. Evan Bourne

2. Chris Jericho

3. Santino Marella

4. John Morrison & The Miz

5. Charlie Haas

Dude.. how can I forget Miz and Morrison?

Maybe the wrestling world isn't that bad right now, when you're actually forgetting people like Miz and Morrison in your favourite guys list.

I think week in week out on all the shows I watch the following people entertain me the most consistently:

Beer Money

Evan Bourne

R-Truth

Awesome Kong

and...

hmm...

I kinda want to say AJ Styles just because I always enjoy when he's on my TV no matter what they're doing with him.

Miz & Jo Mo-I'll be honest, they're one of the acts that got me back into wrestling. Morrison consistently blew me away starting with his original transformation promos up until the moonsault holding a ladder at Mania. Watching Miz go from wannabe to somebody has been pretty awesome. I saw a few posts on another messageboard saying that Miz would be gone and back on The Real World in two years and just had to laugh. There's no need to even mention The Dirt Sheet.

Chris Jericho-It helps that I picked up his autobiography a few weeks ago. Besides being an excellent read, it actually added depth to his feud with Michaels. Not to ruin it, but a young Jericho uses a fake ID and meets his idol, Rockers-era Shawn. Everyone knows how good he's been since coming back.

Randy Orton-Unbelievable. Orton may have been one of the reasons I stopped watching, but once he got into all that trouble back in 2007 and lost to Edge in a very good Raw match, he has been on fire. The Head Punt's what really started it. He went from a dickhead in tight trunks to a cold, calculating psychopath. The Raw that ended with Shawn Michaels returning to superkick Orton was one of my favorite Raw moments ever. They really botched most of his heel run, especially around the Hardy feud (although "I kicked him where his appendix used to be" was a great line).

Evan Bourne-'Nuff said. Miss him already.

Santino-I went back and forth on it, but I genuinely love the character. I hope Spaceman Spiff isn't reading this. He's so entertaining. You get the feeling that he knows he's limited in the ring, so he actually tries to improve every other aspect. Plus, in kayfabe land, he's so good he doesn't even need a finisher. By the way I marked out the time he busted out an atomic schoolboy.

Honorable Mentions:

The Brian Kendrick-I love everything I've seen from him but I don't watch enough SmackDown.

Alex Shelley-I like his team with Sabin but I was really into him when he started his run with Nash. It was one of the first things I got really into with TNA. Which partly explains my ill will with them.

Kofi Kingston-If it hadn't been for Evan Bourne, he'd probably have made it into my top five.

Santino-I went back and forth on it, but I genuinely love the character. I hope Spaceman Spiff isn't reading this.

:ph34r:

Anyway, in no particular order after the #1 guy:

1) Jamie Noble - loved the guy ever since he debuted in WCW.

2) Brian Kendrick - fast becoming the only reason for me to watch Smackdown.

3) Chris Jericho - on fire since his return.

4) John Cena - Raw's hasn't been as good since Cena's been hurt (although it's still been better than Smackdown), can't wait for his return.

5) Randy Orton - never thought I'd see this guy on a list of my top 5 guys, but he's really stepped up his game over the last year.

1- Kevin Steen / El Generico

2- The Miz / John Morrison

3- Chris Jericho

4- Santino Marella

5- BEER! MONEY!

Honorable Mention: Most of the TNA Knockout Division (Kong, Beautiful People, Roxxi, ODB, Wilde)

1 - Evan Bourne

2 - Jeff Hardy

3 - Rey Mysterio (when he's motivated) - See his match against Evan Bourne a couple weeks ago

4 - Triple H / Undertaker (again, when they're "feeling it")

5 - AJ Styles

Santino-I went back and forth on it, but I genuinely love the character. I hope Spaceman Spiff isn't reading this.

:ph34r:

Anyway, in no particular order after the #1 guy:

1) Jamie Noble - loved the guy ever since he debuted in WCW.

2) Brian Kendrick - fast becoming the only reason for me to watch Smackdown.

3) Chris Jericho - on fire since his return.

4) John Cena - Raw's hasn't been as good since Cena's been hurt (although it's still been better than Smackdown), can't wait for his return.

5) Randy Orton - never thought I'd see this guy on a list of my top 5 guys, but he's really stepped up his game over the last year.

We both still love Orton and NewsRadio at least.

1. Sting-I wish TNA would have used him like this from the get go when he had the heavier schedule of his first two years there. His promos are probably some of the best he's ever done and in my opinion are almost the best promos in the business right now. In the ring he's not quite as intense as his younger years, but he works smarter now and I can only recall two matches in his TNA career that I really didn't enjoy. The bonafide casketmatch he had with Abyss and the Angle/Nash vs Booker T/Sting tag from last year.

2. Chris Jericho- Remember when I said Sting was almost cutting the best promos imo, well Jericho is the guy who IS cutting the best promos in the business today. His ring work seems about the same as it's ever been, but his character and promos seem to have a new fire to them.

3. CM Punk- Even though he's achieved success during his run in WWE, he's got this underdog vibe to him that may just be apparent to me because I've watched him grow from the undercard of ROH to being a major World Champion.

4.Batista- I think that this guy is one of the more underrated performer on the WWE roster when it comes to having good matches. He hit a point the last year or two when something clicked, probably from working with the Undertaker. Since then I think he's been pretty solid in all of his matches, and the matches with CM Punk were very interesting to watch.

5. AJ Styles- The two people in the current TNA main feud that stand out most to me are Sting and Styles. Both have kicked their game up a bit thus far for this rivalry. Angle, Nash, Steiner, Booker T, Joe, etc. have been good to watch, but they are kind of just doing what they always do as far as their performance. Styles has held top gold before, but I think when he dethrones Sting either Sunday or sometime in the near future he's going to possibly have a career year in 2009.

1. Randy Orton-Orton has improved leaps and bounds. THe sadistic, methodic character he plays is great and really fits for his strengths.

2. The Beuatiful People and Cute Kip- These guys are great. THe promo they cut two weeks ago on Impact, calling ODB a horse-face slut and wondering if she OD'd on ugly pills was one of the best heel promos I've heard in a while. And I can't believe that they actually found a role that Billy Gunn can be entertaining in.

3. Miz and Morrison - Hilarious tag team and Morrison is future star.

4. Motor City Machine Guns- Most unique tag team in wrestling.

5. Main Event Mafia - I'm really digging this new group. I just wish they'd get rid of Sharmell.

MY five boyz:

1: Kane... you gonna feel the pain, you gonna go INSANEW, when you wrestle KANE!

He's always been my fav, good music, funny guy, good heel or face ( :ph34r: ) HE ALSO hast the greastyest matches alately aganist Rey and Evan, he makes a GROOD base--maybe send him to Luchaland :lol: but really lateyly hes been good

2: Great Khali: I love that music! He's funny, and i love his moves, pkus he has ok match with Trip[le and Cena

3: Triple: He is like... amazing in the ring this year! His battles, no his WARS with RKO. Hardily a boy, Khali, and btheb rest are great, kinda tired on the face, but decent dude, i love him!

4: Rey: So sweet in the ring, I love him!

5: Y2K: He makes evil look so sweet, what a pretty boy but one that will TEAT YOUR FUKING HEASDR off! :firedevil:

ok I refriended u!

I EDIT AND ADD THIS: Besides u represent foley, and before he retired KANE and him were buddies in thewar aganist heel DX, so I feel we are should be friends cause of thist

but to add to this post, I don't watch myuch TNA, but I will add my 5 fav TNA dudes

1: MCMG: They remind em of WCW in a good way like high flyin badasses modern day DANGEROUS ALLIANCE! :headbang:

2: Black Macho Man: I love MACHO MAN SAYS DIG IT DIG IT (that gets my heart thumpin) so I love the black mini version too

3: Abytss, A poor man's KANE is still part KANE and is better than most, plyus his slam hurts just to watch: YEOUCH!

4: Scott Steiner: He has his peeks i am his freaks, he is still funny as SHIT, pluys i love a good suplex now and then

5: Sting: When I was a kid i had a sting toy i would sleep with, pre KANE i loved him, i still lvoe him, he is making me mad joining the MAIN EVENT DOOFUSES, but I still gotta loe him. I got fired at the mall once in a store i worked at (SPENCER'S GIFTS_) cause some guy had a Hogan shirt on so I "WHOOOOOOOOOed" and gave him a stinger splash into the posters!

ROCK ON JUSTIN!

:headbang:

Well, I don't think you know who the Motor City Machine Guns or the Dangerous Alliance are after reading those words you tried to form into a sentence, but if this was five favorite posterzzz, you'd be on my list.

I edit this and say that we both like The Great Khali, so respect to that.

In no particular order (no I'm not going to just put TNA wrestlers on my list):

Steenerico (Simply awesome as a team.)

Beer Money (One of the best tag teams going right now, and they were just thrown together as two guys with nothing else going on.)

Nigel McGuiness (Great heel champion)

Los Ice Creams (gotta love the sprinkles!)

Homicide (I've been a fan of his for about 10 years now. Watched him on the NY indy scene, when there was one.)

I've got to say, in my opinion the Motor City Machineguns right now are blowing everything and everybody away in the wrestling world. Shelley is absolutely on fire, in the ring and in promos with the Frontline and Foley. Sabin is always excellent.

Miz & Morrison also are up there, they always bring it in the ring, and are absolutely just awesome on camera. Last week's aftermath with Festus was brilliant to say the least.

Randy Orton and Chris Jericho are the best things on Raw at the moment, and with them coming together this past Raw, interests me greatly.

Jeff Hardy's path the last few weeks has been awesome as well.

1) Miz and Morrison

2) Randy Orton

3) Glamarella

4) Jack Swagger

5) Mike Knox

Honorable mentions: Edge, Jericho, Great Khali, HBK (for those commercials) and JBL