TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

My good friend died last night.

You guys have 0 class. If it was in the NHB, by all means be the biggest dickhead. But it's not, show some fucking respect. I think TheFranchise and bob barron should be warned for their actions, honestly.

If it was in the NHB, by all means be the biggest dickhead. But it's not, show some fucking respect.

Come on guys, this is general chat. It's serious business here!

Bob made a dick comment to try and make a few people on the ineternet laugh, and EHME posted a thread on TSM about something serious going on in his life and didn't expect dick comments.

Twisted Intestine stated the obvious because he's drunk and thought he had a point to make.

Guest Smues
You know what, I really like Icee's but never have them. I think I like the cherry one the best, but the blue flavor is good too.

Blue is almost always the best flavor of any non alcoholic frozen type drink. Icee, slurplee, slush puppy, Mr. Misty (Arctic Rush my ass), etc.

Guest Smues

Purple is good when it's grape. Cherry isn't a bad flavor, but it's no where near my favorite, yet usually the easiest to find. And Coke, for some reason. It's a slurplee, I want a fruit flavor damnit.

You know what a really under rated and often hard to find flavor/color is? Orange. Yum.

I'm a sucker for fruit flavors, do you have that same problem? Here's how I like my flavors.

Purple

Blue

Red - Strawberry

Orange

Light Red - Watermelon

Red - Cherry

Coke

Dr. Pepper

Guest Israeli Mixed Wrestling

Where the hell is it hard to find orange-flavored anything?

Thank you for correctly discerning between grape flavor and purple flavor. I don't think I've had a Slurpee or a Mr. Misty in years now, but when I do, it's usually blue raspberry or lime. Watermelon-flavored stuff is always great, like watermelon Jolly Ranchers, because it's an intensified version of the fruit I love. I've only been able to find watermelon soda at EPCOT, though, and nowhere else. I guess it's big in Italy.

On the whole, I'm not really what you'd call a slush enthusiast. No, sir; shakes and malts are my game. Now obviously a chocolate malt is the gold standard of dairy-based desserty drinks. Culver's makes a fine chocolate malt because they use frozen custard, but obviously that's not something one can have frequently. Likewise, the c.m. from the Rockford-exclusive fast food chain "Beef-A-Roo," where once a year when I'm in town I get an industrial-oildrum-sized malt. It's not even that good! It might even be bad! They overmalt it and so there's all that malt sediment at the bottom so when you're scrounging for the last morsels of your 72 ounces of milkshake, y'know to make sure you get your money's worth, you hit pure malt and it overwhelms you. Sometimes I just need excess. What can I say. Failing that, I like strawberry shakes, and when I can find 'em, banana shakes. Awwww yeah. Likey. It's the same artificial flavor ecstasy you derive from banana Laffy Taffy or grape soda. Checkers used to have a passable banana shake; in fact it was the only menu item that didn't ruin your stomach. Steak n Shake never had them, but they used to have lime freezes, which I loved, then they were discontinued, so I switched to the cookies n' cream offering, which was delicious but its value diminished through overindulenge. Black cherry and raspberry and other fruit flavors? Meh, too foofy, don't wanna bother.

But back to bananas. I eat one for breakfast every day when I can! Does anyone else love banana bread? I have loaves of banana bread and pumpkin spice bread. You heat a slice of that up with a nice cup of English breakfast tea and it's a delightful change of pace from my usual fare of bagels or Raisin Bran. I used to do Sunday Donuts on a semi-regular basis from early childhood all the way to high school, then freshman year my failure to adjust to college dining briefly resulted in Everyday Donuts, which by October 2004 resulted in Practically No Day Donuts until this August. If it's not cold and damp in a few hours, I think I'll resume Sunday Donuts.

I love bananas, but hate all candies and foods with banana flavoring. I always get bananas at the grocery, my girlfriend even bought me those green bags (the kind you see on infomercials at 3 in the morning) because bananas go bad so fast. But banana candy is the worst. Except circus peanuts, those are the worst.

Guest Israeli Mixed Wrestling

How does one describe the facial expression that in all its 30,000-pixel glory accompanies every Matt Young post? The way he's smiling while either holding the camera at arm's length or reeling back from a foul smell indicates "satisfied disgust," but that doesn't even make any sense.

Don't worry, I probably would.

Don't you ever get tired of your gimmick?

Don't you ever get tired of yours?

Matt, this has turned into a discussion about Slurpees. Please stay on topic. Thank you.

I'm sorry to hear that EHME. I've had I knew in grade school and high school die, but they weren't my pals so it was sad, but I didn't know them very well. I actually dread the day I get a phone call saying so and so died in a car accident (or whatever) and I have to attend a funeral for a friend.

That out of the way, I can tell you all I would never, ever devote an entire thread about such a thing - especially here. Maybe if I didn't know any better, but if you don't expect TSM or the internet in general to be jokesters, well, I can't find a way to end that sentence. If this was intended as an emotional release to deal with grief, more power to you, but I couldn't see myself going this route.

I love bananas, but hate all candies and foods with banana flavoring. I always get bananas at the grocery, my girlfriend even bought me those green bags (the kind you see on infomercials at 3 in the morning) because bananas go bad so fast. But banana candy is the worst. Except circus peanuts, those are the worst.

Do those bags work? I'm trying to decide whether to buy those or the Tator Mitts.