TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

My good friend died last night.

Oh, man.

Okay, Nighthawk, i'm sorry for using the wrong word.

"I can sympathise with what you feel".

Is that better, sir?

Wouldn't 'empathise' fit better?

I rolled my eyes when I saw this thread, and wasn't going to even click the link, I'm glad I did though as it provided me with a chance to offer my condolences for your loss of a good friend. I think you can be comforted in knowing that according to my church, those who commit suicide have commited an atrocity aganist God and will suffer in Hell for their sins.

Guest Smues
Where the hell is it hard to find orange-flavored anything?

Wherever you buy frozen drinks. Seriously, outside of Slush Puppies which usually do have orange available, it's hard to find. I'm not sure I've ever seen a DQ with Orange flavored Mr. Misty, and it's rare that I can ever find an orange flavored slurpee at a gas station. Hell I can rarely find a shaved ice place that has orange flavor. (Or snow cones, but shaved ice >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>snow cones)

Guest Smues
You know, come to think of it I've never had an Orange Julius.

They're good, but not really worth the price. On the other hand, Orange Julius sells some really good hot dogs, so a hot dog/Julius combo can be well worth it.

On topic: Well, I guess that guys friend won't be hanging around the neighborhood anymore.

Off Topic: My favorite color is blue yet I don't care for anything blueberry flavored.

Where the hell is it hard to find orange-flavored anything?

Wherever you buy frozen drinks. Seriously, outside of Slush Puppies which usually do have orange available, it's hard to find. I'm not sure I've ever seen a DQ with Orange flavored Mr. Misty, and it's rare that I can ever find an orange flavored slurpee at a gas station. Hell I can rarely find a shaved ice place that has orange flavor. (Or snow cones, but shaved ice >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>snow cones)

Oh man, DQ. Fuck. I forgot about their blizzards. Now I have to go and find one and get one. I wonder if they still have the Strawberry Cheesequake.

Guest Smues

And not to completely derail this thread from a good old slushy discussion, but I need to talk about Minute Maid Frozen Lemonade cups. NECTOR FROM THE FUCKING GODS. Our sporting arena in Anchorage is an utter dump and parking is god awful, but I'll go just so I can buy frozen lemonade. They sell it in regular lemonade and strawberry. Strawberry isn't bad, but how can you buy that when the awesomness that is the yellow cup is available? I got hooked on these fuckers when I was in the dorms at UW and they sold them in the cafeteria for $2.00. What a fucking tease that was, because I have NEVER been able to find them in stores. Someone help me out here, where the fuck can I buy these delicious diabetes causing delights?

z37395987.jpgSo damn good.

And before some one mentions these:

minutemaid-softfrozenlemonade.jpg

yeah I've found these in stores (although not up here) but they just aren't the same.

And yes, I eat more than one of these at a time. Hell I eat 2 or 3 at a cold hockey game, you should have seen me scarf them down at ass rapingly hot disney world.

Guest Smues
Wow. That is a wasted life Bob.

And yes an Orange Julius/hot dog combination is amazing. I prefer the strawberry-banna Orange Julius with the chilidog.

Regular Orange Julius with the pepperoni dog for me.

Guest Smues

Re: Blizzards. Despite loving pumpkin pie, I don't like pumpkin pie blizzards for some odd reason. For year 'round blizzards I usually get heath or reese peanut butter cup. Nerd if I need a sugar rush. For seasonal ones the girl scout thin mint one they had this year is awesome, as is the cotton candy one. You know a blizzard I haven't seen in forever that ruled more than anything? Grape pop rocks explosion. It was grape Kool-Aid icecream with pop rocks in it. As good as it sounds. But yes, the cold of the ice cream did seem to make the pop rocks not pop as much as usual.

I need to talk about Minute Maid Frozen Lemonade cups.

I just enjoyed a bottle of Minute Maid Lemonade. I don't know which is better that or Country Time Lemonade. I think its a toss up.

Re: Blizzards. Despite loving pumpkin pie, I don't like pumpkin pie blizzards for some odd reason. For year 'round blizzards I usually get heath or reese peanut butter cup. Nerd if I need a sugar rush. For seasonal ones the girl scout thin mint one they had this year is awesome, as is the cotton candy one. You know a blizzard I haven't seen in forever that ruled more than anything? Grape pop rocks explosion. It was grape Kool-Aid icecream with pop rocks in it. As good as it sounds. But yes, the cold of the ice cream did seem to make the pop rocks not pop as much as usual.

Holy shit. Grape pop rocks explosion was a cornerstone of my childhood. I used to get it all the time with my dad and best friend. They're amazing.

Yeah, I just found out that the nearest one to me is about 25 miles away. But it's in a really nice area, it would make a good bike ride today. What do you say? Should I eat some hay? Maybe go play by the bay?

bob barron...a blizzard is also called a McFlurry. You can get that of course at McDonalds and their should be a McDonalds nearby where you are. ;)

SO WRONG.

I've had an Oreo Blizzard from a DQ and an Oreo McFlurry from McDonalds. Same thing. If not, please explain the difference.

bob barron...a blizzard is also called a McFlurry. You can get that of course at McDonalds and their should be a McDonalds nearby where you are.

Blizzards are much better than McFlurry's. Plus, they don't have cookie dough flavour at McDonalds.

I like the Oreos Blizzard. Though there is actually an independent place near my house that has a knock off of the Blizzard that is for some reason way better than DQ's version.

Also, everything at McDonald's sucks, including the McFlurry.

One good thing about WacArnolds though, is that they changed back from their shitty, crusty, flaky apple pies, back to the soft and doughy ones. Yum. And their ice cream isn't half bad, but everything else sucks.

I still fondly recall the day I first found chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. I go back and forth between eating it normally and saving all the pieces of cookie dough until the ice cream is done, and then eating a huge ball of the dough.