TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

The Fred Phelps World Tour

Wait... I see a Twilight shirt on the Phelps Granddaughter/Friend. Seriously that shit is worse than homosexuality. Time to clean the vessel WBC.

Edit: Bob got the shot off before I did.

Oh, that's Louis Theroux, isn't it? He's done some cracking programmes like that.

Fred Phelps once went 7 weeks without eating and got down from 260 to about 140. I wish I had that willpower. I guess Christ's love really is a powerful force!

Does your copy have the murder, genocide, slavery, stonings, misogyny, and child abuse at least?

Yup. Care to bring up any other obscure references people may not be aware of?

I remember some time back I was a Mike Gallagher fan until he allowed the WBC on his talk show to have an hour of unrestricted airtime in exchange for them not picketing the funerals of the Amish school girls killed in Pennsylvania. I stopped watching his show after that for pandering to these lunatics.

The only way to really stand up to this group is to find a way to put this church out of business. If you have government people that want to go after Joe the Plumber, certainly they can look for ways to just go after this church and keep coming after them with such overwhelming numbers and force until they're done. I'm a huge advocate of free speech, but Fred Phelps is a bully and the only real way to deal with bullies is to knock them out. In his case, you'd have to knock him down and stomp a mudhole in him as he wouldn't learn otherwise.

As far as I knew, they were pretty close to being completely broke. The family of a person whose funeral they picketed sued last year I believe and won some massive judgement against them, and they had leans placed against most of their assets so the family could collect. I'm sure it's probably tied up in appeals at this point though.