Hulk Hogan

Andre the Giant

The Rock

Managers

Jimmy Hart

Bobby the Brain Heenan

Features

Simplified Controls

Importing Smackdown vrs Raw 2009 superstars. According to the back of the instruction manual for Smackdown 2009.

I wonder if Jimmy Hart is going to make it into the final build of the game. This is due to Eric Bischoff's blog about CCW and Vince McMahon having a falling out with Jimmy Hart. Another rumor is that the final game will have 40 wrestlers.

Here is my list of the 40 wrestlers and managers who should appear in the game. I did not put in anybody who is under a TNA contract or is in Smackdown 2009 since you can import superstars.

1. Hulk Hogan

2. Macho Man Randy Savage

3. The Ultimate Warrior

4. Sgt Slaughter

5. Yokozuna

6. Stone Cold Steve Austin

7. The Rock

8. Roddy Piper

9. Mr. Perfect

10. Ravishing Rick Rude

11. Jake the Snake Roberts

12. Bret Hart

13. Jim the Anvil Neidhart

14. Ax

15. Smash

16. Davey Boy Smith

17. Dynamite Kid

18. Animal

19. Hawk

20. Eddie Guerrero

21. RVD

22. Ricky the Dragon Steamboat

23. Ted Dibiase

24. Honky Tonk Man

25. Greg the Hammer Valentine

26. Brutus the Barber Beefcake

27. Tito Santana

28. Rick Martel

29. Paul Orndorff

30. King Kong Bundy

31. Big Boss Man

32. Brock Lesnar

33. Goldberg

34. Cowboy Bob Orton

35. Superfly Jimmy Snuka

36. Mr. T

37. Junkyard Dog

38. Andre the Giant

39. Nikolai Volkoff

40. Iron Sheik

Managers

1. Mr Fuji

2. Cindi Lauper

3. Slick

4. Classy Freddie Blassie

5. Captain Lou Albano

6. Bobby the Brain Heenan

7. Miss Elizabeth

8. Jimmy Hart

9. Virgil

I would like to get the opinions of others on who should be and who shouldn't be in the game. This is going to be a definate purchase for me.

It's such a subjective thing. What determines a Legend of Wrestlemania, and for that matter, has there been a guideline or criteria given by the game's makers? Big Show's been in two of the most unique WM matches ever, should he be in? Tito Santana lost at nine straight Wrestlemanias, should he be in?

I'm all over this, though, provided it's not littered with current wrestlers. I like the "WrestleFest of our generation" analogy.

It's such a subjective thing. What determines a Legend of Wrestlemania, and for that matter, has there been a guideline or criteria given by the game's makers? Big Show's been in two of the most unique matches ever, should he be in? Tito Santana lost at nine straight Wrestlemanias, should he be in?

I'm all over this, though, provided it's not littered with current wrestlers. I like the "WrestleFest of our generation" analogy.

That is a very valid point. I am sure it would be the 40 who are willing to sign deals and that the WWE approved of. Meaning no Macho Man or The Ultimate Warrior. Like I previously stated I didn't put anybody on my list that are in TNA or were in Smackdown 2009 since you can import them. The Wrestlers that I put on my list were former Heavyweight, IC and tag team champions throughout the years that Wrestlemania covered. Adding to that list I included wrestlers such as Piper and Ordorff who were apart of the Main Events and some of the more recognized matches. I feel that this game should let the game player be able to relive, reenact and rewrite all of the main events, top feuds and matches that were apart of WrestleMania. I think they should have a RTWM mode like in Smackdown, tag team matches, Royal Rumble, Battle Royales, blue bar old school WWF steel cage matches, Survivor Series 4 on 4.

I don't think that Lesnar would be in it. Forty wrestlers doesn't seem like a lot.

Ron Simmons and Ric Flair should be on that list.

What has Ron Simmons ever done at a WrestleMania? I put Lesnar on the list because he is a former WWE champ and was in the main event at 19 and one of the top matches at 20. I didn't put Ric Flair on the list because he is in Smackdown 2009 and you can import wrestlers into Legends. With that being said, I should take Lesnar off the list. He is under UFC contract. I would replace him with Psycho Sid another former heavyweight champion who main evented a WrestleMania.

Guest Smues

Goldberg had one Wrestlemania match, and it was a lame duck match as everyone knew he was leaving. He really qualifies as a Legend of Wrestlemania?

Goldberg had one Wrestlemania match, and it was a lame duck match as everyone knew he was leaving. He really qualifies as a Legend of Wrestlemania?

I know I was reaching at the End. I put him on the list because he is a former Champ. I rather see him make it than Dino Bravo of the bushwackers. Who else is there? The Genius? Koko B Ware?

Now is it just importing from SvR to legends...or does it work both ways.

Either way, just for shits and giggles, I'd like to make a Triple Threat Match between Andre, Big Show and Khali.

Oh, and for a Legend...how about CLASSIC Undertaker? With Paul Bearer as manager?

Now is it just importing from SvR to legends...or does it work both ways.

Either way, just for shits and giggles, I'd like to make a Triple Threat Match between Andre, Big Show and Khali.

Oh, and for a Legend...how about CLASSIC Undertaker? With Paul Bearer as manager?

It is only be announced for importing Smackdown superstars into Legends of WrestleMania.

Do they mean CAW or the wrestlers premade in SVR 2009? Also, it doesn't necessarily mean people who had Wrestlemania moments. It a legends game in same vein as Legends of Wrestling with a WWE license. Hillbilly Jim appeared as legend in one of the previous games, so anyone who signs a legends deal is a legend.

On that thought, Vader should be in this game.

Rambling sentence alert: Someone from Gaming Ring was doing some update on this and they said something to the effect of that it'll play like King of Colosseum. Which got me to thinking.. do they mean gameplay or how the game works? The gameplay was already described by THQ as very arcadey.. which KOC is not.. so unless they're changing that.. the only thing I can think of is the cross-game importing of characters. The first KOC had two games.. red and green.. and if you had both you could import back and forth. I know it says that they're going to do that with SDvR.. but wouldn't it be cool if they were releasing other discs with Legends of WCW or Legends of the 80's or something like that?

It's a stretch.. I know. But it's also the only way I can think of them backing themselves out of a corner with the Legends of WrestleMania title of the game. They should've just called it "Legendary Entertainers of Sports Entertainment" :P

Do they mean CAW or the wrestlers premade in SVR 2009? Also, it doesn't necessarily mean people who had Wrestlemania moments. It a legends game in same vein as Legends of Wrestling with a WWE license. Hillbilly Jim appeared as legend in one of the previous games, so anyone who signs a legends deal is a legend.

On that thought, Vader should be in this game.

Oooooo Dear God no. People along the likes of Hillbilly Jim, Koko B Ware, Bushwackers should be nowhere near being in this game. They were opening acts, never champions, had very little WrestleMania experience and never will be Legends. I want this game to contain upper midcarders , tag team champions and main eventers only. Especially when it has been stated that there are only going to be 40 wrestlers.

Hopefully this game can do what the LoW games always failed to do, and present a nice roster of legends, but with decent gameplay and realistic movesets. If I see guys like Ultimate Warrior doing stunners and crap, I'll puke.

Also, the trailer shows a blue cage dropping around the ring, so I assume that will be in.

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-previews/263.html

Updated info according to this article

Wrestlers

Ted Dibiase

Ultimate Warrior

Undertaker

Bret Hart

Shawn Michaels

Jerry Lawler

Mr. Perfect

Engine for the game is Smackdown 2009 dumbed down to make it arcade base and simplier.

Managers are more interactive and are 80's style with the interference.

Tour Mode, Create a Legend, Online gameplay.

YAY! CLASSIC UNDERTAKER!

Warrior in the game is a surprise. Does that mean Randy Savage is not too far behind?

I wont hold my breath until a site like IGN/Gamespot/Gamingring confirms it. I have never even heard of that site. I got the link off of gamefaqs.com

Those are photoshopped edits. Look at Macho Man, it's just Chris Masters picture from last year.

Not even that, those are some pretty bad character models. Plus why would Rocky Johnson be in the game? I dont think he ever even wrestled at WrestleMania. Plus the character models are supposed to be larger than life like the action figures from the early to mid 80's. The photo shop of Savage and the Ultimate Warrior make them look like they had been off of Roids for years.

Those are photoshopped edits. Look at Macho Man, it's just Chris Masters picture from last year.

Not even that, those are some pretty bad character models. Plus why would Rocky Johnson be in the game? I dont think he ever even wrestled at WrestleMania. Plus the character models are supposed to be larger than life like the action figures from the early to mid 80's. The photo shop of Savage and the Ultimate Warrior make them look like they had been off of Roids for years.

Well, first of all...we'll have to see if the "WrestleMania" in the name comes to play at all or not.

Secondly, he DID save his son at WrestleMania 13 from the beatdown from The Iron Sheik & Bob Backlund...

Well, first of all...we'll have to see if the "WrestleMania" in the name comes to play at all or not.

Secondly, he DID save his son at WrestleMania 13 from the beatdown from The Iron Sheik & Bob Backlund...

Ok well the title of the game is Legends of WrestleMania, not WWE, not WWF, not Wrestling. Saving your son from a beatdown is not good enough to be included in this game when there are going to be at least 60 deserving wrestlers for 40 spots.