TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YourKock'sReallyGreat

Legends of WrestleMania

The Demo shows a lot of moves, but the list grows when you hit level 2 and level 3. Which is smart seeing how its retarded that you can hit every major move 30 seconds into the match and get a pin before even hitting a finisher. Which is better than even No Mercy which had some of the most retarded moves on some people. Like Stephanie McMahon having a fucking Tiger suplex '85 as a finisher.

This game isn't SD, it said from day 1 that it would never be. They wanted to make a whole new game to not be 8th version of the SD engine. I have no problem with them changing things. Its funny seeing people complain about a game not being another Smackdown. When every November everyone bitches about yet another Smackdown game.

Each wrestler doesn't have a variation in moves? I am just tempted to create the legends that I want in Smackdown 2009 and just use that. I am also just tempted to get a month of gamefly for $15 dollars and rent Legends. I am sure the game is going to be in high demand due to the amount of people that do not want to buy it.

The Demo shows a lot of moves, but the list grows when you hit level 2 and level 3. Which is smart seeing how its retarded that you can hit every major move 30 seconds into the match and get a pin before even hitting a finisher. Which is better than even No Mercy which had some of the most retarded moves on some people. Like Stephanie McMahon having a fucking Tiger suplex '85 as a finisher.

This game isn't SD, it said from day 1 that it would never be. They wanted to make a whole new game to not be 8th version of the SD engine. I have no problem with them changing things. Its funny seeing people complain about a game not being another Smackdown. When every November everyone bitches about yet another Smackdown game.

I understand where you are coming from. I appreciate that THQ/Yukes decided to make a new engine. The problem though is that the game is shallow, gameplay is broken and there isn't much else. I cant hit every major move in Smackdown within 30 seconds. The comp ai usually blocks everything that I go for that is powerful and I have to work my way up. I do think it is kind of stupid that you work your way up in LoWM and after hitting your finisher you drop down to doing simple bodyslams. It is probably even more frustrating if the comp reversed your finisher.

THQ should have worked on gameplay, gameplay, gameplay and CAL. I can understand that some wrestlers couldnt get into the game, THQ knew that people were going to create these wrestlers by putting their parts in the game. It's beyond crazy to think that THQ didn't bother putting their moves/finishers. I would have much rather seen non broken gameplay and correct moves than a stupid Legend Killer mode and Recreate, Relive, Redefine mode. They are both a waste of space and a waste of developers time. Lets also mention that people have beat this game and collect all 1000 achievement points/trophies in one day. What else is there to do? Play exhibition mode with broken gameplay and use created legends with the wrong movesets.

The chain finishers for LoWM was a nice thought but shouldn't have been put into place. You cant pull of your finisher out of nowhere, the chain leads to morphing of wrestlers all over the ring and you can only use the ones for official wrestlers. In Randy Ortons chain finisher on Mr Perfect it goes from Mr Perfect laying on his back away from Randy Orton for the stomp and right after the stomp it goes to Mr Perfect laying on his face towards Randy Orton for the RKO. For Mr Perfects chain finisher he does a Stand Dropkick which knocks out Randy Orton, Orton in the next second is back on his feet without getting up and gets knocked in the head by Mr Perfect towards the outer part of the ring. In the very next second after that both men are standing in the middle of the ring as Mr Perfect does the PerfectPlex. When did Orton get up?

It is stupid but no different than random direction and grappe in the corner in tag matches does a tag and a multi part move that can randomly drag people anywhere. Or my favorite, every other ground move morphing you to the center of th ring so their is room to run the ropes correctly. You can be laying on the mat in the corner on your stomach, yet if someone is doing the Flair knee drop, like magic, you are dead center of the ring on your back.

I think I hate 3D wrestling games in general. Other than the old N64 games, the gameplay always feels awkward and glitchy. Fire Pro FTW.

I have to agree. I think the only 3D wrestling games I ever spent a significant amount of time loving were the AKI titles and King of Colosseum 2.

I got it this morning and am having a fun time with it. It's not perfect but definetly fun.

Importing the SVR guys suck though, because they look completely different than the legends.

I'm really shocked that I was able to score a rental of this at a local store today! If any of you are on it, on PSN, look up wquinn tonight and we can have some matches. ;)

Im out to find a rental tonight for the ps3....I'll try to have some matches with you if you're on. Ultimate Warrior is about to run wild again lol.

If someone would be kind enough to run down who comes out to what, that would be super.

From the top of my memory for the songs, with the help of a chart to alphabetize the legends

Andre: Some generic theme.

Animal: LOD Theme

Arn: Don't remember

BBB: One of his face themes (don't remember if it was his 80's face or 90's face theme)

Boss Man: Attitude era theme

Studd: Some music that isn't the one he used at Royal Rumble 89

Bret: Late 94 and on WWF theme

Bulldog: Same theme he used in a Smackdown game before, from what I heard

Beefcake: His normal theme

Dusty: AMERRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN DREEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAM

Valentine: Haven't heard his yet

Hawk: See Animal

HTM: His most remembered theme

Hogan: Real American

HHH: First theme in WWF

Sheik: Theme he used at X-Seven, AKA The Sultan's theme

Jake: Normal theme

Duggan: Normal theme

Neidhart: Haven't heard his yet

Snuka: The theme that starts with "SUPER SUPER SUPERFLY!"

JYD: Some weird generic song with dogs barking (debating on whether to change it with "Grab Them Cakes" or his first theme "Another One Bites The Dust")

Kamala: Tribal chants that didn't match the theme I remember him using at X-Seven

Bundy: Some generic music

Koko: "Piledriver"

Hayes: Whatever it was, it wasn't "Badstreet USA"

Perfect: His last WWF/E theme

Nikolai: Same song he came out to when inducted into Hall of Fame

Flair: Same as his SvR counterpart

Rude: A genericized rip-off of his WWF theme it seems

Rock: Theme he used around his time in the Corporation

Piper: The bagpipe theme he's used recently, not his classic one from the 80s/90s

Sarge: Normal face theme.

HBK: "Sexy Boy" with him singing it (not the Sherri one)

Austin: His most used one.

DiBiase: His theme as used on Anthology

Warrior: His theme as used on Anthology

Taker: Same as SvR

Yokozuna: His theme as used on Anthology

Thanks. It's funny because the only theme I ever recall Studd using was a different tempo version of what became Duggan's music, so I didn't think they'd use both themes in the same game.

Fun overall, but one major flaw that apparently nobody in charge of development thought of:

The legends ranking are only based on the WrestleMania tour mode and the Legends Tour mode. You can only use CALs on the Legends Tour, and not all the legends are used in WrestleMania Tour mode. So if you want, say, Ric Flair to be your top rated legend, you're SOL.

I had a fun 20 min match, Demolition vs LOD. Its fun that they have it FINALLY being able to make Demo without so much bull shit. Smash and Crush are 8 min create jobs for the outfits, another 30 a piece if you are trying for that www.caws.ws site.

This is for PS3 users from the ign boards.

I downloaded mine, and it said trophies were disabled, and that I had the choice of restarting my system at that point, or continuing.

So if you want both SVR09 wrestlers, and trophies, you will have to create the save file on your own system.

You could even skip finishers as more moves are in the system. Finally, I am able to use the running big boot, and not be someone's finisher.

I think I'm over the camera effect that can't be turned off now. I'm actually having a lot of fun with this game so I'm probably just gonna go out and buy it today since I have to take the rental back later on tonight.