TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chazz

Cash4Gold.com

I'm currently on an unpaid leave of absence from my job. I have more than enough money in my account to pay my bills, but am currently seeking a little bit of extra,(spending), cash. I saw the cash4gold.com commercial on t.v. the other day.(I've seen it dozens of times before, except this time I actually paid attention to it.) It sounds pretty reasonable; They send you a pre-paid, insured envelope. You put your unwanted gold/silver/ platinum pieces/jewelry in it, and send it to them. They send you a check back telling you how much they are willing to pay you for your pieces/jewelry. If you don't think your getting a fair price, you can request they send you back your all of your items in exchange for the check. With gold being at it's highest price in years due to a shitty economy, I figure I'd give it a try. Has anybody here ever dealt with cash4gold.com before? If so, how was your dealing(s) with them? Thanks for your time.

If you don't have anything to actually ADD to this thread other than lame attempts to try and be funny, than don't post here.

LOL. I see.

Okay, here's something for your poorly-veiled attempt at guerrilla advertising.

If you're so desperate for cash, why would you resort to sending away your valuables before getting a price? That's insanely stupid. Why not head to the corner pawn shop?

That being said, it's a moot point, because you're merely shilling for some shady website that can't afford "legitimate" advertising. And for that, I hope you choke on your golden cockring.

If you don't have anything to actually ADD to this thread other than lame attempts to try and be funny, than don't post here.

"Here" meaning TSM? Because I think you just described how most things go around here (and God bless TSMers for it).

LOL. I see.

Okay, here's something for your poorly-veiled attempt at guerrilla advertising.

If you're so desperate for cash, why would you resort to sending away your valuables before getting a price? That's insanely stupid. Why not head to the corner pawn shop?

That being said, it's a moot point, because you're merely shilling for some shady website that can't afford "legitimate" advertising. And for that, I hope you choke on your golden cockring.

If you had actually bothered to read what I wrote, than why would I be asking questions about whether the company I'm supposedly shilling for is any good? This isn't NHB, so move on if you have nothing to add to my question.

What's your fucking problem, chazz1998? Huh, bitch? Let me tell you somethong, it ain't 1998 anymore and I'll fuck up you like the clown you ate.

The annoying commercials are obnoxious enough to know I'll never deal with them

But are they as annoying as Chazz?

No... Yes.... No.... Yes...

Or as annoying as a certain poster who changes his name every couple of hours to try and be cool, or who writes hard hitting, thought provoking, 2 sentence blogs? Go suck off Osama.

You know what leads me to believe Chazz is not actually interested in the topic at hand? The fact that he has been focusing on the joke comments than the valid comments that was posted throughout the thread. Yeah, sorry I bothered to answer, guy.

Valid comments? The only "valid comment" I've seen in the whole thread was from Youth N Asia. I simply respectfully asked if anyone had ever dealt with this service/business before, and look what I got in return. But I take part of the blame for thinking posting this topic here among some immature, childish posters who put others down to make themselves feel better, was in fact a good idea. I'm still very much interested in discussing the topic at hand, but it seems as those who are posting in this thread are not.

Valid comments? The only "valid comment" I've seen in the whole thread was from Youth N Asia. I simply respectfully asked if anyone had ever dealt with this service/business before, and look what I got in return. But I take part of the blame for thinking posting this topic here among some immature, childish posters who put others down to make themselves feel better, was in fact a good idea. I'm still very much interested in discussing the topic at hand, but it seems as those who are posting in this thread are not.

Well if you don't consider this a valid comment, you're a lost cause.

Well if you don't consider this a valid comment, you're a lost cause.

It was, but I must've skipped over that valid comment considering your first one was anything but.

Forgive me for not having the foresight to see that "That's a real dumb idea" doesn't translate to you as "THIS IS A REAL FUCKING DUMB IDEA" and did not need further elaboration. Next time I shall encourage you to mail off all your valuables and see them mysteriously disappear once you figure you could get better value elsewhere.

I'm sorry if I took "that's a really dumb idea" as a personal shot at my intelligence in your one sentence post, but that's how it came off to me. As far as the service goes, how can you be so 100% certain I'm going to be ripped off if you've never dealt with their business before? That's all I was looking for when I started this thread; answers. I don't mind if people post their thoughts, but do it in at least a semi-respectful way. I don't think that's asking too much.

How could anyone want to deal with that company under these premises? I mean, think about it for a minute. They are asking you to freely HAND OVER your valuables, without being paid upfront, so they could I assume, "appraise" it, and hang on to your things as they send you a figure. What would even stop them from simply not returning your things when you ask for them back? Hell, even if they gave you a figure you agreed with, what would stop them from simply not paying you? They have what they want already.

This is even assuming they answer your correspondence once you hand your things over.

Oh, and I've thought about all that shit ahead of time. You know what they say if something appears too good to be true.... The only "person" I've know of that has done this is "Inside Edition" ran an undercover piece about this company, as well as other pawn shops, yesterday. They did get a check from the items they sent away from the company, but it was signifigantly lower than the other places they went to. When they asked for their items back, the company actually doubled it's initial offer from $243.00 to $444.00. Sounds shady, but the other "name" places they went to did the same thing. Their "Expert's" advice was no matter where you go to sell your gold/silver/platinum pieces, to always reject the first offer. Well, duh.

I'm sorry if I mistook your dumb post for an advert.

That being said, don't post like a spambot next time.

Oh, and I've thought about all that shit ahead of time. You know what they say if something appears too good to be true.... The only "person" I've know of that has done this is "Inside Edition" ran an undercover piece about this company, as well as other pawn shops, yesterday. They did get a check from the items they sent away from the company, but it was signifigantly lower than the other places they went to. When they asked for their items back, the company actually doubled it's initial offer from $243.00 to $444.00. Sounds shady, but the other "name" places they went to did the same thing. Their "Expert's" advice was no matter where you go to sell your gold/silver/platinum pieces, to always reject the first offer. Well, duh.

How convenient.

http://www.insideedition.com/news.aspx?storyID=2381

Or as annoying as a certain poster who changes his name every couple of hours to try and be cool, or who writes hard hitting, thought provoking, 2 sentence blogs? Go suck off Osama.

Chazz and sfaJack take exception to me being happy about Obama on my blog. I'm sure I'd care if it was someone other than those two.