TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

UFC 93: Franklin vs. Henderson

Oh yeah Big Dave said palhares broke his hand in rd 1, which may be partly his excuse for having Horn's back constantly and not finishing

That explains quite a bit. Especially that last slam where he kinda threw Horn with one arm.

I only saw Belcher-Kang & Rua-Coleman

That was a pretty crazy end to Belcher-Kang, as Kang dominated him much of the fight. I was watching it online, and was away from the CPU and couldn't believe when I heard the audio saying Kang tapped.

I really cannot add too much more to Coleman-Rua that has not already been said; Coleman got beaten down and Rua tried to look as unimpressive as he could seemingly.

Liddell-Rua loses a little luster as a ME after that performance yesterday.

The only thing you can say about Shogun/Coleman is perhaps this was a Mir type situation for Shogun. He was coming off a long lay off, two major knee surgeries, and maybe this fight was just him readjusting after so much.

He didn't look good at all, but he looked even worse then he did against Forrest, so I'm mildly willing to have benefit of the doubt with him.

Thank God my cable provider fucked up on me last night to save my money from going towards this show. Also props to Mik for the link. Not a bad show, Lytle/Davis Horn/Phalhares and the main were good but Shogun....fuck. That was sad. Also stupid Kang.

Overall the show was decent, however I dunno why a lot of people are so ga-ga over the opening bout. It looked like a glorified toughman fight except with better cardio.

This is supposed to be MMA, I am kinda getting tired of fighters throwing someone down or taking them down only to stand there and let the fallen fighter stand back up. Now in certain situations, like when you are fighting a black belt in BJJ then I understand, but were both guys in the opening bout so one-dimensional that all they were going to do the entire fight was throw sloppy haymakers?

And the way the crowd(live and at the bar) just ate it up......UGH.

"Coleman is 44 years old and had not fought in 27 months prior to Saturday. Plus, he fought for the first time at 205 pounds, cutting about 25 pounds from his normally muscular frame."

Coleman earned the bonus more than Shogun just by getting in the cage.

lots of compliants everywhere lately about UFC becoming c level K-1

Yup. And then on top of that to hear Rogan blabbering on about how great the skills are being displayed is laughable. Neither guy looked to have much "skills" looked a lot more like sloppy brawling.

Now, I understand not everyone is an elite fighter, but I am sure there are enough quality fighters out there that could have pushed that opening match off the televised card.

I didn’t have any money for a training camp before this fight. Those things cost money man and I just couldn’t afford it.”

-Mark Coleman

QUOTE OF THE FUCKING CENTURY