TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kinetic

Taylor Swift melts my ice-cold heart.

One of the many things I've learned from this place is don't tell someone not to do something unless you are prepared for them to increase it by 1000%.

Her performance at the CMA's in Vegas with the water spray was quite intriguing. I rarely pay any attention to award shows but that caught my eye on CMT when they replayed it for the 12th time. There, it got turned back to Taylor again. Now I'll let someone else swerve it violently off course.

It's more depressing knowing a Jonas Brother hit that period. I mean god dammit, it's a Jonas Brother! Shouldn't they be nailing like 12 year olds?

2Gold, if it makes you feel any better, the Jonas Brothers, who are all uber-religious, took a vow of Celibacy until marriage, so whichever one was dating her, did not hit it. Instead, from what I hear he broke up with her for Camilla Belle. The girl from that God awful remake of "When a Stranger Calls". Win-Win?

Yeah you know, I don't buy for one minute any one of those little weasels is uber-religious. It comes off more like them playing up their image to Disney so they can sell more merch as the wholesome rock band. Every Disney star plays up that innocent shit and I don't think one of them lasted til past 16 with it. If they lasted to 16.

The only guy I ever believed took a vow of celibacy and meant it was A.C Green and THAT guy deserves a god damn medal AND movie deal for pulling it off so long in the NBA. And really, I didn't even think that deep into it. Where are you getting all your Jonas knowledge?

I've been subjected to their "performing" twice and holy shit, do they fucking suck. They make me hate having nieces. Watching Camp Rock AND their live DVD in one night...bullet, gun, head, click, boom is what you start thinking about.

With Taylor, I don't know. Her videos always made me feel uncomfortably wrong and I like the beat and the way she sings in her songs but the lyrics are total teen girl lyrics so not meant for me to understand. But she still isn't Miranda Lambert. Seeing that girl live, she is one attractive young lady and good singer. But she also comes off like someone who if you cheated on her, she would chop off your dick and set you on fire while laughing.

Eh, my girlfriend's niece and nephew live with her. The niece and nephew are Disney-holic's, so my girlfriend has learned a lot about Raven, The Jonas's, HSM actors, and I hear it from her, so you get the idea. Honestly though, I had never heard of the Jonas's until all that HOOPLAH went around during the VMA's where that skinny British guy went off on them for wearing Purity rings.

Speaking of Disney, and it's wholesome image, I have an off-topic question. I seem to remember Anne Hathaway being released from her Disney contract after doing a topless scene in a film (Havoc?). Well, that one girl from High School Musical had nude pics that she "took for her boyfriend" leaked-out onto the net, and Disney instantly forgives her saying "she made a mistake, and she has learned from it". Hell, they nearly ex-communicated Miley Cyrus for *gasp* showing her back in Vanity Fair (though that was probably due more to the fact that she's underage). I don't get it.

Disney has always been hypocrtical (sp?) when it comes to what makes money for them.

Back o topic, I agree with the people that say she is only ok. Nothing special to look at, there are better looking female entertainers out there. I can't stand chicks taht look like if you hug them, the will snap in half.

Since it's relevant, apparently I won her new cd personally autographed by her. This was a rather large revelation to me since I forgot I entered the contest to win it. It figures, the first time I enter a contest just because they ask "would you like to enter to win Taylor Swift's CD" is the first contest I win.

We now return to letting this thread sink to the bottom of the bin.

Since it's relevant, apparently I won her new cd personally autographed by her. This was a rather large revelation to me since I forgot I entered the contest to win it. It figures, the first time I enter a contest just because they ask "would you like to enter to win Taylor Swift's CD" is the first contest I win.

We now return to letting this thread sink to the bottom of the bin.

We're all expecting a track by track review.

Yeah, I'm not doing that. Any CD that has a song called "YOU BELONG WITH ME" is not one I will be reviewing. Although in the least shocking news ever, she signs her name with a little heart under it.

And jesus christ, the lyrics are tYpEd like tHat in the b00klet. If it wasn't obvious to me before, it is now. I won a cd designed for a teenage girl.

Yeah, I'm not doing that. Any CD that has a song called "YOU BELONG WITH ME" is not one I will be reviewing. Although in the least shocking news ever, she signs her name with a little heart under it.

And jesus christ, the lyrics are tYpEd like tHat in the b00klet. If it wasn't obvious to me before, it is now. I won a cd designed for a teenage girl.

If you take all the capital letters it probably spells something out.

I really don't think she's as pretty as people say. She's kinda awkward and has to cake on the makeup to look good. Plus in the interviews she did after breaking up with that Jonas brother she kinda came off like a psycho bitch to me. Like the kind that would burn your house down if you broke her heart too badly.