TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

The OAO Vs. Fighting Game Thread

Just have to ask, who here was no good at all at fighting games when they were younger, but has gotten better?

I remember I rented Mortal Kombat on Sega CD (yeah, yeah...I know, Sega CD sucks and all. :P) and the only moves I could do were Scorpion's spear and Raiden's flying tackle.

Nowadays I could probably get all the moves and such with a little bit of practice.

And I also find it ironic I restumble upon this thread after finding out about, of all things, a SAILOR MOON fighting game that was released a few years back during the Saturn days.

Guest Smues

I'm glad to hear that MK vs. DC is good, as I ordered it with giftcards two weeks ago. If it ever gets here I look forward to it.

I also find it ironic I restumble upon this thread after finding out about, of all things, a SAILOR MOON fighting game that was released a few years back during the Saturn days.

Hell Yeah, I remember hearing about that too! I had a SNES rom for a Sailor Moon fighting game as well as well as a few good Dragon Ball related ones as well.. Does anyone remember Ranma 1/2 Hard Battle on SNES? It was my only exposure to the Ranma anime back in the day. We used to spend hours on that one, lol.

Just have to ask, who here was no good at all at fighting games when they were younger, but has gotten better?

I remember I rented Mortal Kombat on Sega CD (yeah, yeah...I know, Sega CD sucks and all. :P ) and the only moves I could do were Scorpion's spear and Raiden's flying tackle.

Nowadays I could probably get all the moves and such with a little bit of practice.

And I also find it ironic I restumble upon this thread after finding out about, of all things, a SAILOR MOON fighting game that was released a few years back during the Saturn days.

On MK--make sure to use a 6-button pad, and remember that the moves aren't SF-style. :) It seems that the tap-tap motions are working fine for you. So when you see a move that's like "down, toward" do the same. Or maybe even use down-toward (it works for the new games at least!).

I've never played the Saturn fighter, but had played a few of the beat 'em ups. There's actually a Beats of Rage-derived pair of beat 'em ups that are actually pretty good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITf5ldVroR0 (gameplay begins at like 5 1/2 minutes).

I have the collector's edition reserved, and am getting the MadCatz Tournament Edition FightStick. Most rumors point to costumes as the DLC included with the collector's edition.

Any of you guys want to boost to get the "Master of All Things" achievement in SSFIITHDR player matches before the patch disallows it?

I didn't know you could get that in player matches; that was a pretty easy one; though. I had a little trouble winning with Zangief and T.Hawk (though I got a lot better with those two)

In remixed mode, pulling off Spinning Pile Drivers was easier, so that's how I won with Zangief. I thought the achievement was broken for awhile because I thought I won with every character but then I won as T Hawk and it was unlocked.

Is there an easy 7 hit combo? The most hits I can combo is usually 6.

In remixed mode, pulling off Spinning Pile Drivers was easier, so that's how I won with Zangief. I thought the achievement was broken for awhile because I thought I won with every character but then I won as T Hawk and it was unlocked.

Is there an easy 7 hit combo? The most hits I can combo is usually 6.

Oh GOD yes, there are easy combos. I got it with this one: Dee Jay cross-up Medium Kick, ducking medium punch (or jabs, honestly, I forget), super, upkicks.

Also, You can do Chun-Li's super to upkicks. DeeJay and Chun-Li are the 2 easiest characters to get 7 hits with.

I remember the old SF2 tournament days...never will you find a greater arrangement of BO in your whole life.

What do you mean the "old" days? It's still like that now, brudda.

I take it you've never been to a comic shop or Magic: The Gathering tournament Lushus? I made the mistake of stepping into our local comic store to pick up a copy of Toyfare a few years ago while a tournament was going on. The smell of unwashed funk "punched me in the face" when I walked in the building. It honestly smelled like rotted meat and urine. I don't understand what it is about some people who play a lot of card games and or video games that make them think they no longer need to bathe. Maybe they think, "I've been doing nothing but sitting for the past 4 days. It's nothing rigorous. Why should I shower?"

Whoa. Looks like I'll be getting that. That looks awesome

I heard a rumor Xbox Live is getting Marvel vs Capcom. I don't have live though since I don't play my Xbox too often, so I hope it comes to PSN too.

Is it just me, or at the end of the trailer, did it only say for PS3? I heard it was going to be on PS3 and 360. I heard they're looking at a release this summer.

Edit: July 2009. 360 + PS3.

I'm fairly certain XII was never slated for 360. It's wiki page only mentions arcade and PS3.

While I did edit my post, Ignition just announced it's coming worldwide to PS3 and 360, this July.

I'm fairly certain XII was never slated for 360. It's wiki page only mentions arcade and PS3.

While I did edit my post, Ignition just announced it's coming worldwide to PS3 and 360, this July.

Bizarre, I'd never heard about a 360 version til now. Good news, either way. I'm hoping this game sells a ton so that SNK one day can bring KOF into the next generation a la SF4 - but not the god awful KOF Maximum Impact series... *shudder*

F yeah!

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/05/blazblue...n-ps3-xbox-360/

blazblue_ps3_xbox360_580.jpg

Arc System Works, the folks behind popular 2D fighting franchise Guilty Gear, are planning on bringing their high-def 2D fighter, BlazBlue, to the Xbox 360 and PS3 IGN reports. Currently only available in Japanese arcades, the title is being ported to home consoles in the region, with release aimed at this summer.

Notable additions to the console port include a story mode, with individual stories for each character available. This story mode will offer branching storylines based on the battles you win, as well as the choices you make while playing. Director Toshimichi Mori says the story mode easily offers 30 hours of gameplay.

On top of that, gamers can look forward to online support for battling folks around the globe, as well as DLC, which Arc has planned, yet no specific items were mentioned. The console version of the game will also provide all characters with Astral Heat special moves, which were only given to a select few boss characters in the arcade version of the game.

...and some more on the awesomeness known as BlazBlue

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/06/blazblue...summer-release/

BlazBlue confirmed for North America summer release

bb_top_us_jd.jpg

With its global online support, we expected that Arc System Works' console port of arcade brawler BlazBlue would eventually be released outside of Japan. Now niche publisher Aksys has quietly revealed plans to bring the elegant 2D fighter to North America for both the Xbox 360 and PS3.

Like their counterparts in Japan, fighting game fans in North America can look forward to mastering super moves and combos this summer, as players beat the heat by staying indoors away from bears and tiresome physical activity. With King of Fighters XII slated for a July release as well, the only question we're left with is: How will our hands survive?