TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NFL Week 15

Guest Agent of Oblivion
4. Green Bay - Whatever, this division blows. They've got four winnable games left aside from their rematch with the Bears. They'll get in at 9-7.

4. CHICAGO BEARS FTW~! Someone has to win this division. I detailed why I like their chances in last week's thread.

I'm sorry, what? I'm fairly sure that's before your precious teddy bears got dominated at Lambeau 37-3. Give me a fucking break. Minnesota has an absolutely brutal schedule coming up, Green Bay has one team left over .500 after this week when they play the .500 Saints and Chicago looks incredibly inconsistent.

4. Packers - And the NFC North had such promise at the beginning of the year. 9-7.

4. Packers- Has an easy schedule down the strech plus I don't want VX to get mad at me.

4. Green Bay. Just taking a guess here, I doubt whoever comes out of that division wins one game in the playoffs.

4. Packers - Minnesota is done. They are likely losing both Williams to suspension this week and could be losing Jared Allen as well. That leaves Chicago & Green Bay and we just saw what happened on Sunday. Green Bay is better than their record indicates.

4. Green Bay (9-7) - Still probably the best in the division.

4. Packers

4. Green Bay (9-7)

What I think we'll see:

Packers

4. Packers

4. Packers - See Pick #2.

4. Green Bay Packers - I'm not impressed with them this season, but I still think they will win their division.

4. Packers

HAPPY ELIMINATION DAY, TSM

Oh is that delicious.

This is beyond a Dotel.

n673107672_1588413_6126.jpg

I'm definitely glad to watch the green and gold go down in failure, but you and Czech's Bears celebration will look rather silly if Green Bay pulls a repeat of their performance against the Bears from earlier this season

...and, unfortunately, to keep the Bears off the Vikings' ass, I have to root for the green and gold to just that next weekend.

Insert vomit pic here

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Right there, I was rooting against the Packers, not for the Bears per se. I expected 6-10 from Chicago this season. Every day is a celebration.

As for Minnesota, I don't viscerally hate them or anything. I don't like the bastards, but I can accept their winning the division.

That's generally how I feel about Da Bears. If the Vikings can't win the division, I'd rather have the Bears (or Lions, sure, but when the hell will happen again) win than the PAYCKERS

Hey Slayer, I didn't get to watch the game yesterday on account of my wedding and all, but what's up with Adrian Peterson rushing for 165 yards but not TDs? I've noticed the dude has great yardage stats this season but his TDs kind of suck.

Hey Slayer, I didn't get to watch the game yesterday on account of my wedding

Must be some honeymoon so far!

Seriously, though, congrats.

We're poor, we're not going on the honeymoon until March because we need to save some cash. Believe me, if I could be somewhere tropical and not in freezing weather (like it is in OK right now) then I'd be there! We are going to Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando for a week in March though. Gotta work on that beach body.....(sits on the couch and eats chips)

Oh, and thanks for the congrats.

He's spending it talking to me, that's gotta be depressing right there

Anyways, for some reason Childress loves running AD up and down midfield but whenever they get into the red-zone he switches to more passing plays

Seriously, though, congrats.

We're poor, we're not going on the honeymoon until March because we need to save some cash.

Oh, that kinda sucks.

From what I saw, Peterson got no TDs because the Vikings only got into the red zone three times, and the Cardinals were stacking up to stop the run down there. Both red zone TDs were on third down passes. The other scores were on long pass plays and a punt return. He was running fine in the middle of the field for the most part.

Guest Vitamin X
Really lame. This is the second losing season I've had to endure as a Packers fan, and the 3rd in the past 4 years.

What? This makes it sound like you didn't watch for one whole season. Also, it's only their second losing season in the last 4-

2005: 4-12

2006: 8-8

2007: 13-3

2008: 5-9

Meant to say "non-winning" there. Close enough.

Guest Vitamin X
Right there, I was rooting against the Packers, not for the Bears per se. I expected 6-10 from Chicago this season. Every day is a celebration.

As for Minnesota, I don't viscerally hate them or anything. I don't like the bastards, but I can accept their winning the division.

That's generally how I feel about Da Bears. If the Vikings can't win the division, I'd rather have the Bears (or Lions, sure, but when the hell will happen again) win than the PAYCKERS

I find this set of rivalry hatred interesting. The Packers fan only real quarrel is with the Bears, but we're not too fond of seeing the Vikings win the division as well. I guess winning half of the division's championships for the past decade and a half will do that to ya, though (Also, Wisconsin is in the middle between Minnesota and Illinois, so geographic proximity and all).

Also, those set of predictions were made when everyone in the North was tied at 5-5, with six games left in the year.. also before the Packers were run out of the Superdome. I don't think anyone expected that, or losing their next three straight games in the last minute either. The Bears and Vikings aren't exactly lighting the NFC on fire, either- and it seems like Minnesota is pretty much winning the division by default of the Packers defense being so outright awful and the team not being able to come through in the clutch.

The Packers are probably going to end up going 6-10.. Whether that sixth win will come against the Bears (which will be REALLY funny considering the imbecilic gloating in this thread is coming from douchebag Bears fans- as if there were any other kind) or against the Lions remains to be seen.

From my experience, I have a friend who's a Packers fan and a friend who's a Bears fan and they both hate the Vikings more than any other team. I know a couple Vikings fans but I never got a sense of which team they despised the most.

the Giants have a real shot at not getting a bye in the first round now and might possibly face the Cowboys in the first round

I think it's pretty clear that Dallas will either end up as the 5 seed or out of the playoffs since they have the tiebreak over Tampa Bay. In order for Dallas/NYG to take place on the opening weekend it would take Dallas losing to Baltimore and beating Philly, Atlanta winning both of their remaining games while Tampa Bay splits to get Dallas down to the 6 seed where they would play the 3 seed Giants if the Giants lose out and Minnesota wins out.

It's very possible that Dallas could play NY in the Giants' first game though if they end up as the 5 seed, NY is #1 and Dallas wins while #6 doesn't, or if NY is #2, Dallas is #5 and both of the road teams knock off Arizona and Minnesota/Chicago on the opening weekend. I'm inclined to think the Giants will end up playing either Dallas or Philly in their first playoff game and lose in blowout fashion. I think this season is looking like the last two the Mets have put their fans through with the exception being that the Giants actually qualified for postseason play before the chokejob began.

Guest Vitamin X
From my experience, I have a friend who's a Packers fan and a friend who's a Bears fan and they both hate the Vikings more than any other team. I know a couple Vikings fans but I never got a sense of which team they despised the most.

I never got the sense that there was ever really big animosity between Vikings and Bears fans, but most of the Minnesota hate is residual stuff from the Randy Moss years- at least in Packer Nation it is. Aside from that, Minnesota's hated for the 70's, Chicago for the 80's, and Green Bay for the 90's.. While all three of the teams have gotten a shot at something this decade and ultimately failed in the playoffs.

Guest Czecherbear
douchebag Bears fans- as if there were any other kind

The "bring back Ditka" contingent isn't douchey, just retarded, so you're wrong.

New Orleans at Chicago

Didn't get this one in on time. But I had planned on picking Chicago, promise. The Saints are done for all intents and purposes, but I hope the stars align to keep them mathematically alive through week 17 so they'll have a reason to show up against Carolina.

Tampa Bay at Atlanta

Another HUGE game for both teams. With Garcia possibly out, I'm tempted to pick Atlanta to "protect the dome." But I can't. Tampa is the better team and the defense is going to want to punch someone in the mouth after that awful Monday night performance. Bucs by 3.

Washington at Cincinnati

The Bengals are still around? Man, some of these late-season games can just be death. Washington by 10.

Tennessee at Houston

A Houston team that's peaking a little too late will give the Titans a game, but Tennessee, like so many irresponsible posters at the bottom of this message board, will pull it out in the end. Titans by 6.

Detroit at Indianapolis

Poor Detroit. Colts by 24.

Green Bay at Jacksonville

A consolation game of sorts between two very disappointing teams. Packers by 4.

San Diego at Kansas City

Even this shit-ass Chargers team can't lose to Kansas City. San Diego by 7.

San Francisco at Miami

It's in Miami, so I'll go with the Dolphins. I'm starting to think that they'll win that division, too. Dolphins by 8.

Buffalo at N.Y. Jets

The Jets sorta get back on track against a beat up and demoralized Buffalo team. Jets by 13.

Seattle at St. Louis

Living in an NFL TV market sucks. Instead of Bucs-Falcons or just ANYTHING else, we get this abomination here in the early game. Uh...Seahawks by 6.

Minnesota at Arizona

Hey, this is a pretty interesting game. Arizona's been pretty good at home this year, but they're pretty much locked into either the #3 or #4 seed. The Vikings have every reason to show up, but Tarvaris Jackson is starting. I think the Cards pull this one out, enabling Chicago to inch ever closer to the NFC North crown. Cardinals by 4.

New England at Oakland

Bleh. Pats by 10.

Pittsburgh at Baltimore

Should be a terrific, physical game. I'm starting to believe in the Ravens. I think they'll even up the season series here and win by 3.

Denver at Carolina

After dismantling Tampa on Monday, the Panthers will come out flat and drop this one to the Broncos. Denver by 9.

N.Y. Giants at Dallas

The Cowboys are a mess right now. The Giants take this one; Dallas continues their implosion and fails to make the playoffs. New York by 14.

Cleveland at Philadelphia

God, the fucking Browns AGAIN. Eagles by 20.

A pitiful 8-8 for the week. 138-86 for the season. Good thing I'm not putting money on any of these games.