TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NFL Week 15

New Orleans at Chicago

Didn't get this one in on time. But I had planned on picking Chicago, promise. The Saints are done for all intents and purposes, but I hope the stars align to keep them mathematically alive through week 17 so they'll have a reason to show up against Carolina.

Tampa Bay at Atlanta

Another HUGE game for both teams. With Garcia possibly out, I'm tempted to pick Atlanta to "protect the dome." But I can't. Tampa is the better team and the defense is going to want to punch someone in the mouth after that awful Monday night performance. Bucs by 3.

Washington at Cincinnati

The Bengals are still around? Man, some of these late-season games can just be death. Washington by 10.

Tennessee at Houston

A Houston team that's peaking a little too late will give the Titans a game, but Tennessee, like so many irresponsible posters at the bottom of this message board, will pull it out in the end. Titans by 6.

Detroit at Indianapolis

Poor Detroit. Colts by 24.

Green Bay at Jacksonville

A consolation game of sorts between two very disappointing teams. Packers by 4.

San Diego at Kansas City

Even this shit-ass Chargers team can't lose to Kansas City. San Diego by 7.

San Francisco at Miami

It's in Miami, so I'll go with the Dolphins. I'm starting to think that they'll win that division, too. Dolphins by 8.

Buffalo at N.Y. Jets

The Jets sorta get back on track against a beat up and demoralized Buffalo team. Jets by 13.

Seattle at St. Louis

Living in an NFL TV market sucks. Instead of Bucs-Falcons or just ANYTHING else, we get this abomination here in the early game. Uh...Seahawks by 6.

Minnesota at Arizona

Hey, this is a pretty interesting game. Arizona's been pretty good at home this year, but they're pretty much locked into either the #3 or #4 seed. The Vikings have every reason to show up, but Tarvaris Jackson is starting. I think the Cards pull this one out, enabling Chicago to inch ever closer to the NFC North crown. Cardinals by 4.

New England at Oakland

Bleh. Pats by 10.

Pittsburgh at Baltimore

Should be a terrific, physical game. I'm starting to believe in the Ravens. I think they'll even up the season series here and win by 3.

Denver at Carolina

After dismantling Tampa on Monday, the Panthers will come out flat and drop this one to the Broncos. Denver by 9.

N.Y. Giants at Dallas

The Cowboys are a mess right now. The Giants take this one; Dallas continues their implosion and fails to make the playoffs. New York by 14.

Cleveland at Philadelphia

God, the fucking Browns AGAIN. Eagles by 20.

Guest Czecherbear

You know Goodell has no more authority to suspend. This sets the precedent: each one will be taken to court.

Can someone more adept with the law please explain to me how a Minnesota judge can seemingly dictate a policy that extends to another part of the U.S. here?

You know Goodell has no more authority to suspend. This sets the precedent: each one will be taken to court.

I can just picture Goodell in my head with the Price is Right fail music

Somewhere, Michael Vick is laughing

Can someone more adept with the law please explain to me how a Minnesota judge can seemingly dictate a policy that extends to another part of the U.S. here?

From my google searches into the matter:

The key issue in the case before the federal judge is whether the NFL had any specific obligation to notify players and the union that it had known since at least 2006 that the weight-loss supplement contained the banned diuretic. The NFL, which added StarCaps to its list of prohibited dietary supplement companies in December 2006, says the burden is on players to know what's going into their bodies.

The union had claimed Lombardo, in consultation with the league's attorneys, withheld critical information on StarCaps containing the banned diuretic.

Here; links to Canadian Press through Google

Says Cornwell: “Dr. Lombardo’s failure to disclose what he knew about StarCaps may have exposed NFL players to the significant health risks associated with the unintentional ingestion of diuretics. If Dr. Lombardo had notified NFL players that StarCaps contained bumetanide, Will, Deuce and Charles would have never used the product to lose weight.”

If this is true, then there's absolutely, positively no freaking way that the league should be able to suspend anybody for the use of StarCaps. None. Because if this is true, the league a) knew that there were players that were using these StarCaps, b) knew that said StarCaps contained a substance that's on the NFL's banned substance list, and c) didn't bother disclosing this information league-wide.

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2008/11/19/66...l-know-starcaps

Peyton's gotta be creaming his pants at the prospect of facing Detroit's defense (plus many Lions' defenders are banged up).

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Expect a handoff 7 out of 10 plays the way this drive has been going so far. LOLions.

Jets' offense appears to be clicking today. First two drives result in touchdowns with only two plays occurring on third down so far.

That's a pretty amusing series of 4 posts there. Even Dierdorf is surprised that the Bills are winning this game all of a sudden.

The Lions are hanging in with the Colts only down 14-10.

I would LOL for a long time if the Colts lose to the Lions, which could help the Ravens out in the wild card scenarios.

and the Texans are beating the Titans which helps the Ravens out since the Titans with a loss wont be able to sleepwalk through the Steelers next week.