TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

Joey Styles JKO's JBL overseas

Had Jericho not locked on his front face lock of doom, I'm pretty sure old Goldberg might have done some serious damage with his martial arts training. Then again, supposedly Goldberg started the fight by choking him like a pimp would choke his bitches so maybe he's not that well trained after all.

I also take back what I said months ago about JBL being someone who I thought might actually be a legit tough guy.

I also take back what I said months ago about JBL being someone who I thought might actually be a legit tough guy.

Tough guys actually get into fights with, you know, other tough guys. Not people that they expect to not fight back.

PWINSIDER.COM EXCLUSIVE: OH MY GOD - YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED IN IRAQ

by Mike Johnson @ 9:52 AM on 12/9/2008

...When JBL broke free, he went towards Styles, who "nailed him perfectly with a pretty good shot" according to one witness, laying JBL out and blackening his eye. .

Sounds like JBL got Kimbowned. I really hope this is as advertised. If anyone needs a humbling, it's JBL.

I wonder if the Blue Meanie has called Styles yet to thank him.

He did post a YouTube clip of an orchestra playing "Happy Days are here again" on the Wrestling Classics board.

I need to see a picture of JBL's black eye! NOW!

It's already healed, so the chances may be slim. I want to see it too.

To be fair, I always heard Striker was acting like a bitch, which is why Benoit did what he did.

I think someone asked him to go out to drink with them after the show, but he declined in a very snobby and elitist way. He didn't just politely say, "Hey, thanks, but I don't drink. Sorry." He was reportedly being an ass about it.

By the way, I think the thread title should trade the term "punches" with "knocked out" to accerlate the awesome (and because Styles legitimately knocked JBL out).

Here's something to ponder:

Remember when JBL shot on Blue Meanie?

Tracy Smothers on a small indie show (which was on the web), called out JBL and said he'd put up his house, his car and his dog to fight JBL.

JBL even responded either on the wwe website or on an internal wwe audio interview where he said something to the effect that he didn't know what Tracy's problem was and he remembers him being in the wwe but doesn't recall his gimmick (which is carny for "it doesn't matter because I'm over and you're not.")

Some wrestling journalists I respect a great deal even theorized that JBL could take Smothers (who has the reputation of being a badass street fighter).

Well, point is: if Joey can knock down JBL, my sense is JBL better stay as far away from a fight with Smothers as possible.

JBL seems like Eric Cartman. He's bully who got what's coming to him. I wonder if he'll learn his lesson.

Also, Joey didn't deserve this. He's been in the wrestling business so long and I'm sure that the ECW probably pushed him more. He isn't a rookie.

Tough guys actually get into fights with, you know, other tough guys. Not people that they expect to not fight back.

true tough guys don't start fights. This is why you never hear about a Haku/Meng fight, a Ron Simmons fight etc.

true tough guys don't start fights. This is why you never hear about a Haku/Meng fight, a Ron Simmons fight etc.

Well, there have been stories about Haku, but it usually involved some drunk yelling racial slurs and trying to pick a fight

It seems plenty possible that JBL is in fact a tough guy who can hold his own in a fight but is also a giant bully who picks on people smaller than him to boost himself up. And that he got put on his ass by a man half his size not because of either of their respective toughness or fighting ability but because he was drinking, off balance, unprepared, overconfident, or whatever.

True, true. I don't think anyone's suggesting Styles challenge him in the Octagon but my sense is he's more bark than bite and the fact is it's his political stroke more than anything that gives him his power. I'll repeat, JBL if you see Tracy Smothers, run run run.

I always wanted to ask him what the weather was like up Undertaker's and Vince McMahon's ass.

The only good thing about the JBL/Meanie incident was Smothers popping JBL in the face while Sandman was holding him from behind.

It seems plenty possible that JBL is in fact a tough guy who can hold his own in a fight but is also a giant bully who picks on people smaller than him to boost himself up. And that he got put on his ass by a man half his size not because of either of their respective toughness or fighting ability but because he was drinking, off balance, unprepared, overconfident, or whatever.

According to one eye witness, JBL was bullying him, pouring drinks on him and calling him all sorts of names. “When he turned his back, Joey jumped him and caught JBL with a punch that gave him a small cut under the eye that was bleeding like crazy. JBL was furious.”

Observer

Sounds like he stole one on JBL, but all is fair.

Knew the whole Joey Styles KO'd JBL with one punch story was bullshit.

With that said, Joey had the right to sucker punch JBL... Don't blame him at all, smart thing to do.

In regards to Striker, I remember a story floating around about three/four years ago that Benoit and Eddie threw Striker and his gear out of the locker room because of what they perceived to be disrespectful behavior.

In regards to Striker, I remember a story floating around about three/four years ago that Benoit and Eddie threw Striker and his gear out of the locker room because of what they perceived to be disrespectful behavior.

From what I remember, Striker had been acting like an ass, and Eddie tried to calm him down, but Strike still continued acting the way he saw fit. Benoit herd about it, so he proceeded to take Striker's stuff throw it all out, and said "You disrepected Eddie? go dress somewhere else."