TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Thread 12/20 - 12/30

Bowwwwwwwwlllllllllllllsssssssss  

29 members have voted

1. 1. With a gun to your head, which one of these bowl games would you pay to see?

• New Mexico: Colorado State vs. Fresno State
    • St. Petersburg: Memphis vs. South Florida
    • Motor City: Florida Atlantic vs. Central Michigan
    • Independence: Northern Illinois vs. Louisiana Tech
    • Eat a bullet

Northwestern State hired Bradley Dale Peveto, currently the co-DC at LSU.

Notable Coaching Jump: Army hired Rich Ellerson, the head coach at Cal Poly since 2001. Ellerson will probably bring his triple option offense with him as well.

Patrick is a great kid, he's gonna be a great husband and he's gonna be a great daddy, the only thing greater than Patrick is ESPN, man I love ESPN, you guys have been great to us, any time you need us, you just gotta ask!

I picked Miami with 4 confidence points. I dunno.

Man, that was a brutal game to watch at times. Longshore's regressed big time from a couple years ago (even the TD pass he threw looked like it was supposed to go to someone else). And then you had Miami's final drive which featured the worst clock management I've seen in awhile. The only good thing about this game was Jahvid Best, and he should've gotten more carries.

Regarding the previous game, Wisconsin is just plain awful. The Big Ten could easily go winless if South Carolina can find a way to beat Iowa.

Alabama's All-American left tackle Andre Smith has been suspended for the Sugar Bowl due to illegal contact with an agent. Guess it's safe to assume he's declaring for the draft.

I know Ball State would have ended up screwing it up anyways, but I'm really glad the MAC nixed the Humanitarian Bowl vs. Boise St. idea considering what a joke it'd be the have the M(non-BCS)NCG on a Tuesday afternoon in Boise.

That was a mansized run by Jeremiah Masoli to give Oregon the lead.

And hey ESPN isn't time for another shot of Chase Daniel's family? I mean I know they played last night but shit we only saw them 200 times, why stop now?

Man that was satisfying. Hopefully all the Pokes fans around here are put back in their place.

They had a little bit of success this season and talked all kinds of shit about how they were the dominant program in the state and how Gundy was all about winning while Stoops wasn't. Well, you couldn't even win the Holiday Bowl OSU! Hey OU may have lost 4 straight BCS Bowls, but at least we were able to win the freaking Holiday Bowl a few years back when we went!

I got home from the gym and it was 17-7 at the half, and I was worried the Ducks were going to lay another egg offensively. That second half was some of the most fun football I've watched in a long time; Johnson, Masoli, and then at the end Blount were almost unstoppable on the ground. I'm sure I will regret making this prediction, but I think next season Blount might start making his way into the Heisman discussions (I'm not saying he will be a contender to win at the end, but he will get some press like Greene and Ringer did this year).

Oregon couldn't stop Oklahoma State before Bryant and Robinson got hurt, and couldn't stop them enough when they did get hurt. And they still scored 31. And they were supposed to be good NEXT year. Watch out, Sooners.

Oregon couldn't stop Oklahoma State before Bryant and Robinson got hurt, and couldn't stop them enough when they did get hurt. And they still scored 31. And they were supposed to be good NEXT year. Watch out, Sooners.

I'm not really worried since they have to come to Norman. They've blown under Gundy in Norman.