Kinetic

Wild Card Weekend

Saturday

Falcons @ Cardinals at 4 on NBC

Colts @ Chargers at 8 on NBC

Sunday

Ravens @ Dolphins at 1 on CBS

Eagles @ Vikings at 4:30 on FOX

Like I said in the other thread, I expect all four road teams to win.

Guest Czecherbear

I'll take the Dolphins at home in an upset. The other three teams are going to lose, and the Cardinals are going to lose badly.

[wikipedia]Some argue[/wikipedia] that a big part of the Chargers' winning streak was Ron Rivera taking over as defensive coordinator. This should make Bob Babich's continued employment even more tenuous, but I doubt he goes anywhere. After all, Lovie fired Ron for Bob, so launching Babich would be an admission of error, unthinkable. Anyway, I'll take the Colts over the Chargers by 10 and all the way to the Super Manning Bowl.

Adrian Peterson's damn good, but the rest of the team isn't, and so they'll be no match for Jim Johnson and his "exotic blitzes" or whatever. I think someone had a slip of the tongue this week and referred to his "exotic blintzes." Those might taste good. I dunno. Someone this week said blintz instead of blitz. Surprisingly it wasn't Sam Rosen, who has been known to muse about food during games.

I agree that the road teams will probably sweep the weekend. It's the NFL, though, so I wont be putting any money down on this. Maybe the Chargers will use that Football Momentum, or whatever, and finally live up to the last several years' hype.

Adrian Peterson's damn good, but the rest of the team isn't, and so they'll be no match for Jim Johnson and his "exotic blitzes" or whatever. I think someone had a slip of the tongue this week and referred to his "exotic blintzes." Those might taste good. I dunno. Someone this week said blintz instead of blitz. Surprisingly it wasn't Sam Rosen, who has been known to muse about food during games.

Those blintzes were terrible.

I agree that the road teams all appear to have the edge on paper, but I can't see a clean sweep. The Chargers always play the Colts really tough, so that would be the best chance for a home win. Maybe the Cardinals wake up and a win a shootout with the Falcons.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Falcons

Colts

Dolphins

Vikings

Cards are dead in the water. I'd take the BEARS over them right now.

The Chargers worry me, but I think the Colts are good enough to take them out again.

Ravens/Dolphins is going to be a kick-fest, I think. Neither team is lights-out throwing the ball, and both are solid defensively. Winner will be the last team with the ball.

Minnesota's defense is good enough to cause problems for Philly, and a coaching gaffe from Reid wouldn't surprise me. Add in homefield, and I'll take the Vikings by six or so.

Guest Vitamin X

I think the final Super Bowl matchup will be Panthers-Titans. Just a hunch, but Carolina in particular is on a roll and I would also like to see Agent eat his shoe.

Oh and I would also take damn near every decent team over Arizona right now. I think if the season was a little bit longer, the Niners would've easily come back and taken that division.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Wait a minute, what's the scenario where I eat my shoe? I've made like five different statements like that this season. I'm sucking my own dick in one, Czech's peeing on me in another...I'm sure there's more.

Colts/Giants.

I would just die off if it was Colts/Giants (A.K.A. Manning Bowl I). I'd be fine with literally any other team making it than those two.

Saturday

Sunday

Falcons by 10 - it's over at the half

Colts by 3 - when in doubt pick Peyton

Ravens by 4 - Ed Reed delivers the winning margin with a pick 6.

Eagles by 7 - although they could just as easily bring their "C" game and lose by double digits

This would set up Eagles/Giants III, Falcons/Panthers III, Ravens/Titans II & Colts/Steelers II en route to Manning vs Manning. That would set up the most obnoxious lead into a championship game in the history of sports and that's why I demand it.

Baltimore over Miami - They won 20-3 in Miami earlier this year. I know it doesn't mean much now, but I do think Baltimore is on a roll as well, and they will win again, like 20-13 or something.

Indianapolis over SD - This was a close game last time out, and I think it'll be close again, with Indianapolis pulling out a 27-24 win or whatever.

Arizona over Atlanta - I've never seen so much hate for a playoff team, and this is when the upset happens. I think Arizona is better than people think, and this isn't in a 10 degree snowed out stadium.

Minnesota over Philadelphia - The wobbling back and forth on the Eagles bandwagon this year has been amazing. I guess everyone's back on it now, but it'll end this weekend. Then, Minnesota and Arizona get destroyed in the next round and we have CAR/NYG II in an epic NFC title game.

The Eagles aren't the only team in the playoffs that's had a roller coaster year. I honestly believe there is no way they will lose against Minnesota. But I wouldn't be upset if they did, because no Eagle fan would have thought we'd be in this position after last week. I'll take it.

Saturday

Sunday

Falcons by 10 - it's over at the half

Colts by 3 - when in doubt pick Peyton

Ravens by 4 - Ed Reed delivers the winning margin with a pick 6.

Eagles by 7 - although they could just as easily bring their "C" game and lose by double digits

This would set up Eagles/Giants III, Falcons/Panthers III, Ravens/Titans II & Colts/Steelers II en route to Manning vs Manning. That would set up the most obnoxious lead into a championship game in the history of sports and that's why I demand it.

pft..this is all leading up to the Ravens vs Giants in Tampa part Deux.

Guest Czecherbear
The Eagles aren't the only team in the playoffs that's had a roller coaster year. I honestly believe there is no way they will lose against Minnesota.

Whenever my two favorite teams make the playoffs I usually pick them for the Super Bowl match-up no matter how stupid it is... so I'm going with a Chargers/Eagles soup.

The football team for which I root will also win in the playoffs!

Falcons/Vikings/Colts/Dolphins

I'd like the Dolphins to get to the Super Bowl. Don't care who wins.

Guest Smues

I sure hope not. I was looking forward to there actually being a Superbowl I wanted to watch this year.

Guest Czecherbear

Go Rams!

:(

Tell me, downstater, what's the balance of Rams fans to Bears fans down there? It seems like the Bears have made pretty good inroads with downstate, since I'm guessing you guys got Bears games a lot during the Cardinals-Rams interregnum, and nobody's ever at Rams games. I hope they move back to Los Angeles because I hate watching their home games in that dome.

I do think the Ravens can make te Super Bowl. There's no dominant team in the AFC this year. Baltimore did lose to Pittsburgh twice, which is concerning, but one was OT and one was real close, so it's possible the Ravens could win. It'll be fun.

Go Rams!

:(

Tell me, downstater, what's the balance of Rams fans to Bears fans down there? It seems like the Bears have made pretty good inroads with downstate, since I'm guessing you guys got Bears games a lot during the Cardinals-Rams interregnum, and nobody's ever at Rams games. I hope they move back to Los Angeles because I hate watching their home games in that dome.

Pretty much even, in my experience. My dad is more Bears fan than Rams, for example, though I guess he sort of roots for both. If it wasn't for the whole Greatest Show on Turf thing, I imagine it would probably be a Bears majority.

I'm not even sure I should consider myself a Rams fan, honestly. I haven't really cared about any of their games since Warner left, and now they're stuck with Marc Bulger for the next 6 years. At this point I'm probably more a Colts fan than anything. They're just so much better.

I sure hope not. I was looking forward to there actually being a Superbowl I wanted to watch this year.

I'm sure most here probably want a high-scoring affair, but I think Giants/Ravens would be a terrific Super Bowl.

Guest Vitamin X
Wait a minute, what's the scenario where I eat my shoe? I've made like five different statements like that this season. I'm sucking my own dick in one, Czech's peeing on me in another...I'm sure there's more.

Wait no, it wasn't eating your shoe. I don't know where I got that from. It was sucking your own dick and taking pictures. In this thread.

If the Tennessee Titans make the superbowl, I'll suck my own dick and take pictures.

I'm sure most here probably want a high-scoring affair, but I think Giants/Ravens would be a terrific Super Bowl

Hopefully as terrific as the last time they met in the Super Bowl!

I do think the Ravens can make te Super Bowl. There's no dominant team in the AFC this year. Baltimore did lose to Pittsburgh twice, which is concerning, but one was OT and one was real close, so it's possible the Ravens could win. It'll be fun.

Not to mention their loss to the Titans was on a horrible phantom blow to the helmet call on Suggs which extended the Titans game winning drive that would have been ended way back on the other side of the field if not for the terrible call.

Wait no, it wasn't eating your shoe. I don't know where I got that from. It was sucking your own dick and taking pictures. In this thread.

If the Tennessee Titans make the superbowl, I'll suck my own dick and take pictures.

Looks like someone might be a Ravens fan for one day only in 10 days.

Guest Smues

I'm sure most here probably want a high-scoring affair, but I think Giants/Ravens would be a terrific Super Bowl.

I don't care about a high-scoring affair, I just like having at least one team I can root for, and Giants/Ravens doesn't give me that.