TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
treble

NHL - January 2009

Canucks are up 3-1, controlling the play, looking dominant and like the streak that won't end will finally end and then Ohlund gets a BS penalty, 3-2 Nashville. This after Canucks couldn't convert on a PP despite some chances, and also had some 5-on-5 chances but couldn't convert

And then Sundin takes a penalty with 46 seconds left, and we all know what happens when Sundin is in the box.

As an aside, I fucking hate the goalie cam used for power plays. It infuriates me at this point. You can never tell what's going on, and they always remove the clock so you don't know how much time is left and it's just a big confusing mess.

Three powerplay goals in a row, and three goals in six minutes.

This team

Nashville hadn't scored more than 2 goals in like 10 games, they've lost 6 straight to the Canucks, and they have one of the worst powerplays in the league.

So OF COURSE the score 5 goals on Vancouver, including 3 PPG.

What the hell is wrong with these guys. This is one of the most epic meltdowns I've ever seen (since the Canucks in the last 7 games of last season that is).

I could go to the Kings game tonight for free if I had transportation. But thankfully, someone at another forum posted a stream link. Tonight's game along with Saturday's and Tuesday's are not televised here.

Phil Kessel returns to the lineup after missing six games due to mononucleosis and Michael Ryder returns from the flu.

Watch out, the Broons are back at full strength (minus Marco Sturm) now.

The refs know they can hand games to Montreal when they're playing teams from the Pacific Division and get away with it.

Completely fucking unfair.

Any other team in the NHL would have been on Gauthier in a heartbeat. Christ, I'm watching Dallas v. Columbus right now, Ott made a slight hit on Nash's knee and Methot jumped on Ott immediately. Montreal has no heart, grit or character.

Any other team in the NHL would have been on Gauthier in a heartbeat. Christ, I'm watching Dallas v. Columbus right now, Ott made a slight hit on Nash's knee and Methot jumped on Ott immediately. Montreal has no heart, grit or character.

absolutely right. outside of komisarek, no one plays a gritty game. i don't mind montreal as a franchise but this current time is almost as unlikeable as the early 21st century maple leaf teams. almost. they're embarrassing. kovalev slept walked through the game.

Am I the only one who hates having to hear Marc Crawford call Canucks games? It's so wrong.

Awesome Leafs-Penguins game tonight. Vesa Toskala is just horrible, I can't belive they won.

And the Canucks are down 2-0. This team.

absolutely right. outside of komisarek, no one plays a gritty game. i don't mind montreal as a franchise but this current time is almost as unlikeable as the early 21st century maple leaf teams. almost. they're embarrassing. kovalev slept walked through the game.

The best thing is that Latendresse was on the ice for that hit. He's allegedly going to be Montreal's next (first?) power forward but he can't step up for a teammate? I remember last season he had no problem stepping in and being rag-dolled by Chara to get some powerplay time during a horrifically officiated Bruins/Scabs game. But after seeing a teammate get fucking drilled, he's got nothing.

It's a team of Tin Men. I understand that he's better offensively than say, Lucic. But if someone stepped up and smoked Andrew Ference like that, made him get all dizzy and shit, Lucic would gleefully hand them their ass. Any real power forward would.

I have to agree with the character part. This team just doesn't have "it" (talk about cliche). The defence is poor the scoring is horrible, and the whole team is floating on ice. There is nothing to like about this team, except for some of the younger guys like Pacioretty.

Besides, LA gave this game away by not finishing on chances that they had in this game.

That was a hell of a finish up in Vancouver, but the Canucks still lost to the Wild, extending their team record home losing streak to 9 games.

Overtime games that end on powerplays are not hell of a finishes. Sorry.

I'm not just saying this because my team lost, but fuck, stop calling penalties in overtime. It sucks, and just kills the games, since 99 percent of the time they're going to score. And the penalties are so ticky tack too.

One thing I love (or loved) about overtime hockey is that it's pretty much open ice, and unless you really try to kill someone, you're not getting a penalty. Now they seem to call anything and everything and it just sucks the life out of OT.

This team....

Am I the only one who hates having to hear Marc Crawford call Canucks games? It's so wrong.

Awesome Leafs-Penguins game tonight. Vesa Toskala is just horrible, I can't belive they won.

And the Canucks are down 2-0. This team.

Crawford does have an awful voice, doesn't he? If it cheers you up, I'd forgotten how much I hated Bob Cole. Side question: After Buckner, throughout history, who would you say is most remembered for a error, blooper or mistake? Leon Lett? The reason I ask is my first thought of Crawford is him leaving Gretzky on the bench in Nagano.

To the complete opposite of the Hab discussion involving character - big ups to Luke Schenn for being ready to go last night after hitting Malkin. I'm not necessarily opposed to breaking 'the code', but good for Schenn. The Malkin hit was clean, and Schenn knew he was gonna have to drop 'em at some point.

By the way, what was the verdict on Kennedy? Did it count as a line change, or will he be suspended?

Two "possibles" came pretty close to being cemented Friday, didn't they? Mason for Calder and Ottawa getting in the Tavares-Hedman extravaganza. But, 2-8 on Pro Line last night. I really don't know much about hockey.

I was including regulation, the finish of which allowed Vancouver to even get to overtime, which was an accomplishment by itself with the way the game had been going.

Yea, Kesler celebrating was awesome. This team wants that win so bad.

That call wasn't ticky-tack. Sedin put his stick on Koivu and pulled him down.

Maybe it was, but the whole thing just made me so angry. I freely admit that I wasn't thinking straight last night.

Crawford does have an awful voice, doesn't he? If it cheers you up, I'd forgotten how much I hated Bob Cole. Side question: After Buckner, throughout history, who would you say is most remembered for a error, blooper or mistake? Leon Lett? The reason I ask is my first thought of Crawford is him leaving Gretzky on the bench in Nagano.

That's another thing, he has this raspy gravely voice. I don't think anyone remembers him leaving Gretzky on the bench in 98, since they won in 2002. I think he's more known for the Steve Moore incident, and for coaching underachieving Vancouver teams.

Tyler Kennedy's a bitch, it was awesome seeing Schenn kick his ass. Schenn's officially my favourite Leaf.

They should've made it out of the first round more than once.

And the one time they did make it, they blew a 3-1 lead to the Wild. Thanks Cloutier!