TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Czecherbear

2009 TSM Poster Tournament: The Round of 64

If #16 defeated #1, wouldn't that be a story for the ages. And to think, I pushed so heavily for Kotz to be awarded a spot in the bracket. How ironic were that my own undoing!

Also, Leena's vote shouldn't count. Why Czech still likes her when she hates him I'll never know. Perhaps the same could be asked of many great men throughout history.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Danny Williams:

Venk.

Smitty. Midwest represent. Also a bald man, and I have a sort of Larry David connection to that whole deal.

Harley. Though I love the Incster, he's barely been around this year, what with becoming an a-dult and turning 30 and all. Harley's active in the football community.

EHME. No posthumous shit here.

Byron. Laughed a couple times at his boarding. Not really sure if I've conversed with urban warfare, which is nobody's fault.

Cheech. A Hard Boarder, to be sure.

Brody. I like watching Bruiser for the same reason people pick scabs.

Thoth. Don't care who wins this.

Scott Keith:

Kinetic. Top-form year for the odds-on favorite to be the next dead TSMer.

Snuffbox. Broward's from Texas and hates the Bears. Fuck his face.

Spiff. Easy pick.

Canadian Chris. No preference between these two, but I recognize this guy more.

Mellow. A dark horse contender for the best poster of the year. First class.

Bored. First rate sports forum denizen.

Edwin. One of my e-bros.

Fazzle. No real preference again. Fazzle's as good as any.

Popick:

KOAB. He finally revealed. Very important late push.

Smartly Pretty. Good year, though he has a way to go before reaching the upper echelon

Smues. He's alaskan. I find that interesting

Mattdotcom. Terrible username. Would benefit greatly from a nice makeover.

Cowboy numbers. Should've changed his username to "Cowboy Numbers" but didn't. Fellow hoosier. Now likes Electric Wizard because of me.

Pbone. Another e-bro. Fun to watch someone make similar fuckups that I made at his age.

Al. Doing the history of boxing threads. Tolerates my football bonanzas in the sports folder and novice baseball questions.

Me. Sorry alf. You got horsefucked here.

Mike:

Kotzenjunge. my bro-est of e-bros. A triumphant return.

Cyber Mark. Canadians all look alike.

Treble. Responsible for the post of the year. Legendary poster.

Lushus. Also works in distribution. Knows my pain.

Milky. The Yin to my Yang, or Yang to my Yin, or whatever the fuck.

Floyd. That albums thread is really impressive. Dedication.

VX. Lot of the same interests, only he likes all of the stuff I don't, if that makes any sense.

godthedog. This was actually a difficult decision. Curry's becoming quite regular in the food folder, but gtd's grasp of posting is well-refined.

Danny Williams

Venkman

Dandy

Incandenza

EHME

Byron

Brooklyn Zoo

Brody

Thoth (One of my early posting memories was scourging around the e-fed at the bottom of the board and reading, “Explosion, everyone dies but Thoth” so blame that for keeping me around because I laughed a lot)

Scott Keith

Kinetic

Broward

Matt Young

Burning PSS

Mellow

Obi Chris Kenobi

Edwin

Fazzle (does not suck)

Stephen Popick

KOAB

The Franchise

Bob Barron (stripped of his title, he continues his ombudsman work pro bono, plus I gotta vote for a guy who harasses celebs)

Mattdotcom

King Kamala (in a closer choice that I thought it would be)

Pbone (another closer pick than you’d think, Dama is annoying at times, but he’s like a guilty pleasure of mine)

Luke-o (upset special with the chubby chaser)

Agent

Mike McKenzie

Sensei (The devil whispered in my ear, Sweep the Leg, Johnny)

CG

Treble

Massito (Hoping for the upset, gotta help my own cause)

Milkhawk

Vit X

Curry

My picks

Venkman

Dandy

Inc

EHME

Byron

Brooklyn Zoo

Slayer

Thoth

Kinetic

Broward83

Spiff

Canadian Chris

Mellow

Bored

Jaxl

AndrewTS

KOAB

Smartly Pretty

Smues

Mattdotcom

Kamala

pbone

Al

AoO

Kotz

Guitarist

treble

Lushus

Milky

Scrob/ty

godthedog

And am I to assume that I'm the 65th best poster on the board, as I again did not get nominated?

Venkman

Smitty

Inc

EHME

Byron

Cheech

Slayer

Ortonsault

Kinetic

snuffbox

Matt Young

Canadian Chris

Mellow

Bored

Edwin

Fazzle

KOAB

Smartly

barron

max

Kamala

pbone

Al

Agent

Kotz

Guitarist

treble

Lushus

Milky

VX

Curry

Czech- Yeah, I wish we didn't too. I'm sure it'll happen.

I didn't realize I voted against the guy with the neat robot avatar and 70s sci-fi lookin' sig. He's a fine boarder. The joke is too good to change my vote though.

I just went through the whole thread and I am losing the shit out of this one. I'm about to go bomb the Movies/TV folder as a reprisal, TSM. Please don't punish me for getting a life. I can have that and you as well. I want it all

Guest Vitamin X
VX. Lot of the same interests, only he likes all of the stuff I don't, if that makes any sense.

This is true- football and cooking come to mind, but we like different things in those arenas. I think we share a fairly similar taste in some music, though.

Oh, and look at cranda.. That's two votes against me! Whyyy

And Kotz, you know any other year I would've voted for you easily. But you can't win just for showing up for the last month or two, even if quality beats quantitty. And Kreese is a decent enough poster to win.

Guest Czecherbear

I'm done taking votes at 7 p.m. Central tonight. I'm not closing the thread, though, because I screwed that up last time and this time I'd probably end up deleting the whole board or something. It'll close at 8 if there are ties.

I see about four or five matchups where the outcome could change if someone rounds up a last-hours voting blitz. VX/Scroby is not one of them.

You weren't nominated at all, Cran. It was a tough year for a lot of non-Kinetic/Venkman posters.

I was thinking about this. Would you guys ever do this in real life? Nominate friends, then have a tournament to decide who's the best friend of the year? I kinda want to do that, but I don't know how my friends would take it. Especially if you don't get nominated.

I recently turned a thread intended for serious discussion into several people doing the rap lyrics to the "Nation of Domination" theme. This is my ace in the hole for round 2.

Guest Czecherbear

WHERE DID YOU DO THAT.

I was thinking about this. Would you guys ever do this in real life? Nominate friends, then have a tournament to decide who's the best friend of the year? I kinda want to do that, but I don't know how my friends would take it. Especially if you don't get nominated.

What? No! This is the kind of silliness that only works in this medium.

I need to pay more attention, I had no idea this was even happening. Clearly I need to board harder. No time for long explanations.

DANNY WILLIAMS

Venkman

Dandy

Harley Quinn

EHME

Urban Warfare

Brooklyn Zoo - Toughest matchup of the round.

Slayer

Ortonsault

SCOTT KEITH

Kinetic

Broward83

Spaceman Spiff

CC

Mellow

Bored - Another tough matchup for me, I like both these guys.

Edwin

Fazzle

STEPHEN POPICK

still fly

Smartly Pretty

bob barron

The Max

King Kamala

Dama - 2008 Most Improved Poster?

alkeiper

alfdogg

MIKE McKENZIE

SJK

CG

Treble

Lushus

Milky

VX

LOTC

Guest Czecherbear

I put it at the very top of the board so you wouldn't miss it this year! You always say you miss it. Oh well.

I put it at the very top of the board so you wouldn't miss it this year! You always say you miss it. Oh well.

Well, see, the top of the board is normally that folder, so I always just skip down a section or two. At least I made it in time for the first round this year!