TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
St. Gabe

ALL Inclusive Resorts

Yeah, they're fun. It's nice getting there and not having to worry about spending extra cash on food and stuff. Shop around and you can find good deals, usually.

I've been, 2 1/2 years ago. All inclusive resort named Oasis Palm Beach, right on the beach, naturally, and not too far from downtown, just a short bus ride, and, from what I can tell, the whole city's like one big circle anyways. Definitely go bar-hopping at least once, there will be people set up in all the different hotels telling you about whatever program they have, but especially check out the Coco Bongo club on a Friday or Saturday night. People will tell you horror stories about taking cabs or buses, but I did both, and they both worked out fine. I even drank water there (which is supposedly another big risk) and nothing happened. If you want to do some shopping, there's a place, I think it's called Market 26, not far from the long strip of hotels, where you can find a lot of really neat/weird/cool shit. My buddies and I bought cigars and a Tequila bottle with the worm inside, and we didn't have any trouble getting them back to the States. As I mentioned, it's an all inclusive resort, so all the alcohol and all the food until 2am, and sandwiches and soft drinks after that. We stayed for a week, but I'd recomend just going for a weekend, as there were times when the whole area seemed quiet with not too much going on.

highly reccomend, but if you're at all active, account for the fact that excursions are going to cost extra. my wife and i went to sandals montego bay for our honeymoon and the food was amazing, the drinks were free and free flowing, and the resort was beautiful (our room had a jacuzzi and an open bar, not to mention a california king four poster and a plasma screen that we never watched). this year we went to secrets maroma beach near cancun, which was pretty much on par with sandals, although quite a bit cheaper since we went to a resort that was just opening that week. some things weren't done, but for the price, you couldn't beat it.

we got our reservations through www.cheapcarribbean.com, which i also highly recommend. the thing is, though, with all those resorts, they use vendors if you want to see the area and they'll charge extra. that can run you quite a bit if you're as active as my wife and i are. we ended up spending only one or two days actually at our resort the whole day both trips because we were always out and about. so, factor that and random tips for people outside the resort into your grand total. still, the peace of mind and attention to detail makes these kind of resorts just amazing.

I've been, 2 1/2 years ago. All inclusive resort named Oasis Palm Beach, right on the beach, naturally, and not too far from downtown, just a short bus ride, and, from what I can tell, the whole city's like one big circle anyways. Definitely go bar-hopping at least once, there will be people set up in all the different hotels telling you about whatever program they have, but especially check out the Coco Bongo club on a Friday or Saturday night. People will tell you horror stories about taking cabs or buses, but I did both, and they both worked out fine. I even drank water there (which is supposedly another big risk) and nothing happened. If you want to do some shopping, there's a place, I think it's called Market 26, not far from the long strip of hotels, where you can find a lot of really neat/weird/cool shit. My buddies and I bought cigars and a Tequila bottle with the worm inside, and we didn't have any trouble getting them back to the States. As I mentioned, it's an all inclusive resort, so all the alcohol and all the food until 2am, and sandwiches and soft drinks after that. We stayed for a week, but I'd recomend just going for a weekend, as there were times when the whole area seemed quiet with not too much going on.

Wow, I wrote that really fast. It kinda looks like crap. Here's some more info:

http://www.oasispalmbeach.com/