TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bobobrazil1984

Palm Pre

Actually I paid $399 for mine as well but now almost all smart phones are $199. They are being bold with their price tag, I think.

Guest Vitamin X

I paid about $250 less for my POS Palm Centro.. And you know what, I'm okay with that. The upside to this is that this marks a pretty big win for Sprint since we have been getting shafted with awful phones for a while now. The problem with Palm is that its OS is being seen as really outdated by a lot of app manufacturers and hell, the current OS doesn't even support Java.. Serious WTF. This sucks for me because I can't install Opera Mini or GMail, yet on my old really crappy Samsung I was able to.

However, I do really, really like Palm's keyboards and overall the UI is pretty nice once you get rid of all the Sprint bloatware. I bet $399 is the unsubsidized price. No way that phone's going to go for more than a couple hundred with a contract. Which then of course means I'm locked into a contract with Sprint yet again if I want it. Hrm.

Take it back... Gizmodo is correcting their earlier report and saying that the Pre will be either $149 or $199 on contract - which makes it an excellent choice, IMO.

Guest Vitamin X

*fap fap fap* Looks like I'm getting a new Palm next year. If the damn thing will support FLASH that is.