TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

Cuts are a comin!

Val had a solid match with Rikishi in 2000, I think at Fully Loaded? Where Rikishi splashed him from the top of the cage. Another decent Val match was from SS 98 against the recently released D'Lo. But really, it's astonishing that Val has lasted this long. The whole RTC storyline wrecked everyone involved with it, so he probably should have been gone in 2001-02.

That said, I had an idea that could have somewhat revived Venis, somewhat similar to what Khali is doing with the Kiss Cam right now. Val, being older and bald now, can't get the hot chicks anymore, so he brings fat chicks out of the crowd instead. Nothing great, but it beats being released.

Killings could be so much more over than he is now if they would ever let him cut a promo instead of "WASSUP?" and nothing else. Sure, he's never been the greatest worker but he's adequate.

I would say WWE missed the boat on Spears and Kruel, but having seen their OVW work I will say this: Some guys are just regional talents. As in if there was still a USWA type territory, guys like Spears and Kruel would be there much like Mike Samples or whoever from the past. They are the sort of wrestlers a promoter can push (and maybe get over) when there's a dearth of talent. But on a talent filled roster....why push them? That said, it's sad that a guy like Spears gets no chance in WWE while his OVW tag partner Cody Rhodes will be on the main roster for years.

How is Ken Kennedy still employed? The guy hasn't wrestled a full schedule since he's debuted with the company.

That damn Behind Enemy Lines: Colombia movie WWE keeps shoving down our throats.

PWI has some security camera footage from what they have exuberantly dubbed "The Titan Tower Massacre"

whoa.gif

HHH is asked if he would take a pay cut to save some rookies and D'Lo

bugeyes.gif

Ron Simmons reacts to the firing of Val Venis

garbageday.gif

This is reportedly how Vince fired all of the office employees, including this janitor

Val Venis had some pretty decent matches with both Shelton Benjamin and Randy Orton on Heat during both of their respective IC Title runs.

PWI has some security camera footage from what they have exuberantly dubbed "The Titan Tower Massacre"

whoa.gif

bugeyes.gif

garbageday.gif

This is reportedly how Vince fired all of the office employees, including this janitor

Thank you for the Garbage Day reference. It may look like mellow's, but that's actually my sub-title. Hooray!

Val Venis vs. Matt Hardy - Backlash 2004 pre-show match. This was pretty awesome and better than some of the stuff on the PPV.

whoa.gif

bugeyes.gif

garbageday.gif

Thank you for the Garbage Day reference. It may look like mellow's, but that's actually my sub-title. Hooray!

Val Venis vs. Matt Hardy - Backlash 2004 pre-show match. This was pretty awesome and better than some of the stuff on the PPV.

I came thisclose to embedding the Youtube video.

This reminds me a few months ago where I said the world would end if Val Venus got released, so watch out guys. As for a decent Val Venus match, how about the one with CM Punk on Heat back in 2005? I thought that was pretty good. D-Lo being released was very obvious as I wondered why WWE signed him in the first place, since he doesn't have the nastalgia of the Attitude era, and he's not a new guy either, so he was kind of stuck in the middle. I kinda want WWE to just release guys like Kennedy and Umaga already. Not only because of my personal opinion of them, but also because Kennedy has been injured WAY too many times, and will go nowhere as a babyface. As for Umaga, that gimmick has just ran its course, and he would suck as a babyface too.

Wasn't Venis vs. Punk the match that HBK and HHH thought was terrible?

I don't know. I remember hearing at the time that they thought CM Punk had a horrible match against somebody (they most likely didn't want him to succeed anyway), but I never found out who that was against. Even though the match with Venus went about 5 minutes, I didn't think it was bad or anything. Hell, Kizarny's debut match maybe got the same amount of time, and I thought that really was terrible. I'm surprised he hasn't been cut already after that.

whoa.gif

I know it's a bit off topic, but is this from that Italian SPIDERMAN movie?

I can't believe no one has mentioned Val Venis vs. Kaentai. I loved that little feud. Chopee chopee the pee pee.

When I first got back into wrestling, this was the first feud I remember seeing on RAW.

I don't care about Batista's injuries, the guy is just so boring

c23e002ad7afcdbcd28487c0ddfd1655.gif

That's the only interesting thing he's been involved in, and he's still living off the back of it. He had a feud with the Undertaker that was half way decent, but I find myself drifting in and out of the bracket where I think he's a decent worker.

I can't believe no one has mentioned Val Venis vs. Kaentai. I loved that little feud. Chopee chopee the pee pee.

I get the feeling that this is one of angles I'd probably shit on if it happened today, but damned if I didn't love it when I was 15! Probably my favorite memory of Val if I had to name one.

I'm such a mark for Kaentai that I would still love that today, no matter how bad it would come off. TAKA was always one of my favorites.

I'm still astounded to this day that almost all of Kaientai were brought in, aside from Kaz Hayashi (aka Shiryu). I had tapes and tapes and tapes of Michinoku Pro stuff and always loved their antics.. I was friggin' dumb-founded when they showed up in WWE.

Earliest memory of Kaientai was when Justin Hawk Bradshaw was Gulliver to the lilliputian Kaientai attack. I thought ithat was their debut, but their wiki says they debuted attacking Taka.

I still think the better conclusion to the "chopee chopee your pee pee" angle would have been Val opening Raw all crestfallen, like he did in the original, but instead of bringing out John Wayne Bobbit and explaining shrinkage to the masses, he would have opened a bag and dumped out the shattered Samurai sword which was no match for Val Venis and his Penis of Steel.

It was typical Russo booking. They debuted attacking Taka and told Taka to go get a partner. So he got Bradshaw and they did some wacky vignettes of Bradshaw westernizing him. Of course, once it came time for the match, Taka turned on Bradshaw and joined them with no explanation.

It was typical Russo booking. They debuted attacking Taka and told Taka to go get a partner. So he got Bradshaw and they did some wacky vignettes of Bradshaw westernizing him. Of course, once it came time for the match, Taka turned on Bradshaw and joined them with no explanation.

We'd get the explaination years later. 44 seconds in is the answer.

PWI is reporting, so it must be news, that Vince's two limo drivers have been let go.

Maybe those 2 limo drivers can find a better place in TNA.

New tag team champions, THE LIMO DRIVERS!

Boy, that video reminded me that I actually kind of miss TAKA. What is he doing these days, anyway?

Last I heard he runs his own company, Michinoku Pro, in Japan.

That was a few years ago.