TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Czecherbear

2009 TSM Poster Tournament: The Quarterfinals

Me - I was hoping to at least make it to the Final Four where I would have the honor of being demolished by Kinetic, but the "no repeats" were going to catch up to me eventually. That I've made as far as I did (further than the previous champ, take that Milk!), in a year where I was gone for weeks at a time, is a testament to... something [/eloquence failure]. This also shows how far Venky's come along since I demolished him en route to my hoisting of the crystal Dames trophy three years ago, when I only knew him as a former site writer who only posted sporadically at that point. Good work, Venk.

Now on to three tough as hell brackets (and it won't get easier from here). I like all of these guys (oh, and Venk), so now I'm actually judging on content and intangibles:

Kinetic - Edwin is a great poster, but he's admitted he doesn't care about this, and Kinetic called his shot with 2008's "Pursuit :)f Perfection"... now let's just hope that 2009 doesn't turn into "Pursuit :(f Despair"

Agent - Koh-ab is good with insights and cracks, and can deliver them in a variety of styles, be it drunk, sober, gangsta-style, high-brow, etc... but Agent is one of the other guys carrying the TSM metal thread with me, and I like his work in the sports folder

VX - Long have I enjoyed Leo's contributions to the sports folder, as well as his general contributions around the board. Tim is fine, he's also in competition with me for TSM's "One Line King" (coming this spring?), so I'm advancing Leo's cause (whatever that is) here instead

The one nigga I thought who had my back... has just turned on me.

It's over man.

You turn on me and voted Inc over me, so thats payback bitch.

Slayer - Okay, I'll back up on the no-hokies thing now. And I feel bad for him for liking so much fruity power metal.

Edwin - Guys, I was Metal Ed! That ought to do it. If Kinetic wins it all, I'll see if I can round up $20 and some frequent flier miles to have Jon Gruden come shit on his porch (do you have a porch at your new place?).

Agent - KOAW.

treble - I couldn't decide on this one, so I flipped a bag of Twinings Indian Spiced Chai Tea. Treble rides the "Brewing instructions" side to victory.

I feel bad for him for liking so much fruity power metal.

If only I was another thirty-something suburban white guy co-opting hip hop culture...

If Kinetic wins it all, I'll see if I can round up $20 and some frequent flier miles to have Jon Gruden come shit on his porch (do you have a porch at your new place?).

I don't, but I'm sure that I could find somewhere for Gruden to take a shit. He's actually going to be up here next season anyway, so it'd be a relatively short trip for him from Qwest Field to my front stoop.

Guest Vitamin X

I'm actually going to be in Seattle this weekend with a group of young college girls (and some guys) from Portland. They do this thing called Happy Hour at UW that's pretty much a campus-sponsored kegger that a bunch of us are planning to attend. You're welcome to come hang out nervously in the corner.

Guest Vitamin X

Oh, also-

Venkman

Kinetic

Agent

Vitamin X

I held off because I wanted to see how that Kinetic-Edwin matchup was shaping up. After coming so close yet so far for the past couple years, I need to be strategic here. Let's see if Venkman can be the 2007 Giants to Kinetic's 2007 Patriots.