cd213

On Going IMPACT! Spoilers

LIVE, ONGOING TNA IMPACT SPOILERS FROM ORLANDO, FL

by Alex Hernandez @ 2009-01-12 18:56:37

TNA Impact spoilers from Orlando, Florida:

Xplosion:

*Eric Young defeated Chris Sabin.

Impact:

*The Main Event Mafia comes out. Kurt Angle discusses everything the MEM has done and that they have accomplished everything they set out to do. He talks about the MEM ending careers and injuring people. Angle discusses his match tonight with AJ Styles and what better than to have Styles and Mick Foley in the same place so they can be taken out. Hernandez comes out and announces he is cashing in his World title shot against Sting right now.

*Hernandez defeated TNA champion Sting via DQ when the MEM interfere. Homicide and AJ Styles both fail to make the save and are also beaten down. Team 3D hit the ring for the save, putting Angle through a table. Team 3D remain in the ring and Devon cuts a promo talking about everything they have accomplished as a team but he wants to prove himself as a singles competitor. He challenges Angle. Brother Ray then follows suit and challenges Sting. Ray says Sting is worst of everyone in MEM because he just stood by watching when MEM beat Ray down. He says everyone can see through Sting and Ray promises to take care of him.

*Roxxi & Taylor Wilde & ODB defeated The Kongtourage.

*Jay Lethal & Consequences Creed defeated Abyss and Matt Morgan to become the top contenders to the TNA Tag Team championships. Morgan shoves Abyss afterward, sparking a brawl that security fails to break up.

*TNA announces that due to Angle being put through the table, he will not receive medical clearance to wrestle and it will be Styles vs. Steiner tonight.

*AJ Styles defeated Scott Steiner with Mick Foley acting as the special refere after Petey Williams returned and hit Steiner, which dazed him and allowed Styles to hit the Pele Kick for the pin. Williams, Foley and Styles posed.

*The Beautiful People come out with the Governor, who tells they passed the test and can join her next week at the inauguration. She gives them papers to sign and they hug. Roxxi and Taylor Wilde come out and cuts a promo about how they are an embarrassment to the women's division. Wilde said they aren't Divas - they are Knockouts. Roxxi reveals there is no inauguration and they slime the Beautiful People with brown slime.

Doesn't this mean Hernandez is the champion now since titles can change hand via DQ in TNA? I guess they forgot about that.

*Hernandez defeated TNA champion Sting via DQ when the MEM interfere. Homicide and AJ Styles both fail to make the save and are also beaten down. Team 3D hit the ring for the save, putting Angle through a table. Team 3D remain in the ring and Devon cuts a promo talking about everything they have accomplished as a team but he wants to prove himself as a singles competitor. He challenges Angle. Brother Ray then follows suit and challenges Sting. Ray says Sting is worst of everyone in MEM because he just stood by watching when MEM beat Ray down. He says everyone can see through Sting and Ray promises to take care of him.

Company is run by fucking morons.

This doesn't mean Hernandez won't get another shot, if anything this just helps book a storyline to build up for Hernandez's rematch.

Yeah, it seemed pretty slim odds that Hernandez would win so that's no surprise. Winning by DQ certainly gives good reason to give him another title shot and this gives LAX reason to be involved in this top shelf story. It seems a little early to call it a waste when LAX could easily show up next week in Foley or Cornette's office and demand a title shot for Hernandez.

And yeah, the DQ rule has been gone for plenty of time and this isn't the first title match to end with a DQ since then. And it was, oddly enough, explained away very simply and logically as a NWA rule that no longer mattered as they were no longer NWA titles.

TNA announced that they were doing away with the title changes hands on DQ rule sometime after Sting lost the TNA title to Abyss by DQ. I remember that very well because as soon as they called for the bell I turned to my friend and said that Abyss was the champion and he said they don't use that rule anymore. But they did. Which I found hilarious because they hadn't done a DQ in a title match in so long I'm sure no one in the arena thought they'd just seen a title change. Then some time later they decided they were scrapping the rule.

Damn, those spoilers sound really bad in some parts. Particularly, the Beautiful People segment (which presumably ends the show? WTF) sounds just beyond atrocious, and really makes the payoff for that whole angle really stupid. One can imagine Tenay and West will be laughing their ass off in commentary but nobody else will. So is Daffney then going to wrestle here, I don't get it.

Hernandez-Sting sounds good, but then that leads to LAX then just being overshadowed by a Dudley reunion run-in? Again, where is Joe.....and they seem to suggest the Dudleys as singles is something that is a good thing, but it's not. LAX is one thing, Duds are another.

No mention of Jarrett so one must assume he will do an injury angle for a good while, and then come back to lead to the rubber match with Angle.

With Nash out with his injury (which I wouldn't think would keep him out too long) I really think they could have Morgan turn heel on Abyss and join up with the faction.

With Nash out with his injury (which I wouldn't think would keep him out too long) I really think they could have Morgan turn heel on Abyss and join up with the faction.

I like this idea. Abyss could easily slide into the Front Line group where he should have been all along. They could have Morgan turn on Abyss, join the MEM, and then have Mick Foley bring in the "old" Abyss into the Front Line.

Last night when they picked Kip to be in the 6 man I said they should have just pulled the trigger on the Morgan turn in the tag title match (since it was inevitable anyway) and put him in the 6 man since he was, at least, physically impressive and relatively fresh.

Morgan doesn't fit the mold of the MEM though. It's made up of wrestlers that have won multiple titles and are "proven main eventers." I'm not saying that he wouldn't have been better than Kip, but Morgan doesn't fit.

I don't disagree that it would have been better than Kip on many levels, and this would have been a good starting point for the heel turn. I don't like Kip, and I never had, but when he came out he did say that he was chosen as a replacement due his many title wins. If Morgan would have been the replacement, he has no claim like that, and storyline wise he would not have fit well.

I think you can probably have them rationalize involving younger guys on the grounds of grooming them. "When we decide to let go YOU will be he the hand chosen successors." But if its not in the plans I can certainly understand them not doing it.

I don't know. I'm personally willing to give TNA a pass on Kip. They were in a tough spot. A few hours before the show. The gimmick of the stable makes it tough to find an appropriate fill in. The limited time made it impossible to go outside the available roster. They don't want to rewrite the booking on the fly for the purpose of 1 6 man tag. Handicap match means Steiner and Booker need to carry the full load, and Steiner's not up to it. If Sting and Angle get involved than the Frontline look like huge losers if they don't (more so than with their slow run ins on Impact) so you can't book it how you want without making it a giant war. You can put a guy like Morgan in but that means changing up plans. Its kind of a mess. I can give them a pass on thinking they could get away with Kip on the grounds that he kinda fit and was available.

But I also understand how the main event shapes the view of a PPV for many people so the reactions. I'm just more prone to forgive bad main events, especially if there were extenuating circumstances.

So Angle wins the title at "Against All Odds" and the Impact after that, MEM boot Sting out of the group...Amirite?

I find it hilarious of all the talk about "younger talent" in this thread, however the mainevent of AOA is 3D VS Angle/Sting in a four way for the title.

This doesn't mean Hernandez won't get another shot, if anything this just helps book a storyline to build up for Hernandez's rematch.

I hope you're right, but I'm already disappointed that they pissed away his initial shot to get over such an unexciting angle. Shit, for what will come out of it, they might as well have given him a clean competitive loss.

they might as well have given him a clean competitive loss.

That would've made too much sense.

No it wouldn't because storyline wise the only way to have him lose is by DQ. It doesn't make Hernandez look bad, since it took outside interference for Sting to lose, plus The MEM want to keep the title in their stable. We don't even know yet hos the match is played out. It could be that Hernandez is really taking it to Sting and the MEM felt they needed to interfere to keep the title. Plus it's easy for Hernandez to come back and say he was cheated out of the title. If he loses then he can't come back and get his title rematch as easily.

Seeing as Sting could barely move these days, I doubt "Hernandez took it to him". They should have saved Hernandez title shot until after Kurt wins it at AOA, him and Kurt could've have had a nice little match, that Kurt would win by the skin of his teeth and Hernandez would come out looking like a million bucks.

This is the inherent problem with TNA as far as spoilers go. By the time that match airs people will have already have formed opinions on it after days of arguing it. Even though they've seen nothing more than a basic 2 sentence writeup with no knowledge of how accurate or detailed it is or if there was anything to follow it that didn't air to the audience.

And if Hernandez has a segment NEXT week following up on this? Won't matter a bit because a core of the audience will have spent 2 weeks formulating their opinion and already decided the shot was wasted and Hernandez' momentum was buried.

We haven't seen a thing but we're already saying the match was poor, Hernandez didn't look special, and it was all overshadowed by the Dudleyz and LAX were forgotten about.

It was a stupid way to book the Hernandez FOF angle. If their serious about pushing a guy, then they should do things to make the guy feel important. The way they started off Sunday with Hernandez was brilliant. He squashed 3 guys at one time and looked dominate. They should've stayed on that track for a few months, Hernandez steam rolling over guys week after week, would have instantly gave him a ton of credibility and when he finally decided to cash in his briefcase it would've been a big deal. It's simple, but doing things that are simple and makes sense is TNA's kryptonite.

The point is it doesn't matter if Sting and Hernandez have a good match. If Sting puts Hernandez over well. Or if Hernandez comes out of the segment looking like a star. Because for days people will have already been CERTAIN that the match did nothing, Hernandez was wasted, and the whole think was another blown opportunity. Many of those people won't even watch the show to see if their assumption is right. But many of those who do will be going in with a preconception that will naturally shape opinions of it.

That's the problem with spoilers and its especially true for TNA where they tape 2 weeks at a time and are known for leaving out backstage segments or recording the show out of order. That and TNA has this "Its TNA" rep that allows people to look at everything in the worst case possible because "that's TNA."

And I'm not even saying this wasn't a mistake or a blown opportunity or a bad segment. I'm just saying that doesn't it make SOME sense to wait until the company actually presents it as intended to judge it?

The shows are often as bad as the spoilers.

Why should I have confidence that TNA won't fuck this up?

TNA track record is poor in elevating guys, there is no reason I should feel differently about Hernandez. Look at Tomko, Joe, Abyss, AJ Styles, and others TNA have fucked up. I read the spoilers every week, TNA fucked up every week. It's amusing that people always defend these morons with the same "We don't know it's bad, until we watch it' bullshit, especially when you take in consideration that 9 times out of 10 it is always horrible.

You must not watch the shows, because there have been many times that the show has come off better than what was in the spoilers. And, I'm a huge Tomko mark, but he fucked up, not TNA. They were ready to give him a push and he decided that he wanted to go over to Japan instead. Joe, yes they could have done better with. AJ is a grand slam champion, and they put him over as one. He's over with the fans, and no matter what they do with him, the fans care about him.