TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheech Tremendous

The TSM Weight Loss Contest

Well, who's in?

This was spurred by a thread in LSD. A lot of us were lamenting the fact that we put on a few holiday pounds this year. Perhaps a little friendly competition will help us get in shape before Spring hits.

I'll take suggestions, but I figure we'll do something like 1 month (or more?). We'll report our respective heights and weight now. Each Monday we'll weigh in again and see how much we've moved the dial. I'll post the changes in the first post of the thread.

The winner will be whomever loses the greatest percentage of their starting body weight. Therefore, if someone like Pbone loses ten pounds, Hoff would have to drop like 30 (these are rough estimates based on pictures, but I assume they're accurate).

Please no shenanigans. This isn't about any type of reward, it's about accountability.

EDIT:

Week 1 Weigh-In

Cheech 195

KOAB 208

Mik 223

Still Fly 253

Fazzle 220

Pbone 160

Cuban Linx 240

DCH 93

Kinetic 140

CanadianChris 291

Cyber Mark 145

Twisted Intestine 170

King Cucarcha 180

Krankor 166

Brody 248

Haws bah gawd 268

I think Dandy, VX and Czech are abstaining despite revealing their weights.

I wish all of you luck, but I am already a couple of months in on my own weight loss program. With the new job and schedule, I finally got back in the gym. Back on Oct 1, I weighed an outlandish 250. Even with football tailgating and holiday meals, I am down to 238. I plan on getting to 225 by the end of February and then see where I need to settle between 200-225 depending on how I look and feel.

Due to wanting to get back to the shape that I was in a few years ago, I am taking my time and not trying to lose weight rapidly. This would kill me in this challenge, as I would end up going for the win and cutting weight in the sauna and shit. I don't want to mess up a good thing I have going here.

Guest Czech please!

The more I think about this, the more I have reservations about doing this, which is too bad, because it was my hand-wringing that helped precipitate this thread, which could be a fun little contest. I'm trying to lose the holiday excess, but I'd also like to do something about my pathetic arms, so it's not totally about dropping weight, and I don't want to get into obsessing over ever-fluctuating numbers, because I can really flip out over that sort of thing. I can pretty much eyeball myself and know where I am and should be. 5'10''/180 in the spirit of full disclosure, but I don't want to get into a forest4thetrees dilemma here to win a board contest and go about it all the wrong way.

Guest Vitamin X

I'm kind of the same way. I don't even have a scale at home because I've always been a little heavier because of how much leg muscle I have. It's actually kind of ridiculous. In the spirit of disclosure, I'm something like 5'6", 170, 175 maybe with the extra weight? Not sure. I'm trying to lose about 10-15 pounds of fat, more concentrating on getting into aerobic shape though, certainly for when I get back into doing rugby where I will need every pound to absorb and dish out hits, yet need to be conditioned well enough to run as fast as possible for as long as possible.

The more I think about this, the more I have reservations about doing this, which is too bad, because it was my hand-wringing that helped precipitate this thread, which could be a fun little contest. I'm trying to lose the holiday excess, but I'd also like to do something about my pathetic arms, so it's not totally about dropping weight, and I don't want to get into obsessing over ever-fluctuating numbers, because I can really flip out over that sort of thing. I can pretty much eyeball myself and know where I am and should be. 5'10''/180 in the spirit of full disclosure, but I don't want to get into a forest4thetrees dilemma here to win a board contest and go about it all the wrong way.

Well let's just make it into a homoerotic thing and have it be overall development, not just weight loss.

I'm all for going about this in the wrong way. I already got a head start: I purchased $15 worth of food and I'm having that carry me through the week. That's generic cheerios, a small carton of milk, carrots, lettuce, some apples, and peanut butter bars. For the week. Half of it is gone.

Guest Czech please!

You're really going all out to win a TSM contest. The fuck are you, Ortonsault?

6'0", 140 pounds. I don't understand why you guys don't just lose some weight. Never been a problem for me.

My wind, though. Man. Years of smoking have rendered me incapable of doing anything particularly strenuous for more than a few minutes without becoming a hyperventilating mess.

6'3 - 10 stone 5 pounds (145 pounds). The scary thing about my BMI is that I still have a lot of visible muscle. I would echo Kinetic's sentiments, but obviously not everyone has the exact same metabolism. What kind of diets are you fat fucks on? I probably should be overweight by now considering

Guest Czech please!
What kind of diets are you fat fucks on?

We're Americans, dammit. I'll have a plate of everything with a side of more.

6'0", 140 pounds. I don't understand why you guys don't just lose some weight. Never been a problem for me.

You're a skinny bastard, that is why. A gust of wind would knock you over.

I'm in this if there is a cash prize. I need to start cutting weight for jiu jitsu tournaments coming up, anyway. 6'0", 189 lbs as of this morning.

I'm apprehensive about making this about money for two reasons:

1. I don't intend to go all out in this thing. Ten pounds is my goal. It's not about competition, but just feeling and looking good.

2. I'm 100% positive that someone would cheat just to get the money.

Also, you pussies who don't want to get involved are, well, pussies. Throw your name in the hat and track your weight for the next month. What's the worst that could happen? You don't lose any weight? That would have happened regardless.