TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheech Tremendous

The TSM Weight Loss Contest

260 here. I'm down to an XL shirt for the first time in a year and a half, and my 36 jeans are getting loose (yes I wear them around the navel).

Weird. I'm 230, and I wear an XXL shirt and 38 in pants. Of course, I do like the waist to be loose in my pants.

I was gonna say. I'm bigger than 28 but smaller than 32 and I don't see how I would (possibly) gain a mere 5 inches if I was 115 pounds heavier.

It's becoming apparent that dead of winter was not the best time for this (for me)

227... +4 I believe for the whole contest.

Today a friend of mine described me as 'skinny-fat' after seeing the infamous picture, and now I'm ready to kick this weight loss into a whole 'nother gear. Extend this for two more weeks!

Today a friend of mine described me as 'skinny-fat' after seeing the infamous picture, and now I'm ready to kick this weight loss into a whole 'nother gear. Extend this for two more weeks!

Rowing machines at the gym are awesome, but only if you don't mind your arse feeling like (what I imagine) it has been raped.

Sorry I haven't posted Excel chart updates. I'll try to do that tonight.

As I stated last week, the contest ends on February 28th. Please have a final update between now and next Monday. Thanks.

Rowing machines at the gym are awesome, but only if you don't mind your arse feeling like (what I imagine) it has been raped.

I wasn't being serious. I just want the thread to go on for a while longer so I can lol at people who gain it all back in a matter of weeks.

192 lbs

3.5 mile (5.5 km) bike ride everyday

Still doing American Football and Soccer

It feels good. I think once this thread ends I'll take it over to my blog, with (hopefully) progressive pictures showing my improvement over time.

Not sure if we're still doing the usual Wednesday update or not, but I'm down to 255. Guess I'll have a final number in by Monday.

I might publish one last update this week, but I doubt it. The crucial weigh-in is the one before next Monday.

233 today.

Since December 26, I've lost 32 pounds. I don't remember the last time I've been less than 250. I don't have a gym membership, all I really do is walk/run/jog about 3-4 miles 4-5 times a week. I also do push ups and sit-ups. I'm on a good diet, and I let myself have one cheat day a week. Working has also helped, since I'm on my feet 7-8 hours a day.

I've been hitting the elliptical machine four times a week, and lifting weights. I'm up to an hour on the cardio, at a heart rate 0f 160+. I'm pretty much the same weight, but I'm visibly more built. Also, between the cardio and quitting smoking, I really feel fantastic. Still got quite a gut though!

The elliptical machine's really been a Godsend for me. Even back in high school, I couldn't run for more than a half-hour without my lower back giving out on me, because I'm built like a beef bus.

For the record: 270, 6'4", XL - XXL shirts, 38x34 pants (though i can fit in a 36, depending on the pants.)

2/26 Update:

post-5151-1235706732_thumb.jpg

Here is the chart updated through today. I've deleted those contestants who've gone more than one month without an update. It was obvious that a few people had given up on this entirely.

You still have until Monday to get your final weight in, but barring some miraculous change Still Fly is going to win this thing. He was the overall leader in total pounds lost and weight loss as a percentage of body weight. Congratulations on your hard work.

Fazzle, KOAB and Haws all had double digit losses. That's impressive for a two-month push. Best of luck keeping it off going forward.

Mik and King Curacha both struggled and ended up gaining some weight. That's okay. Keep on trying.

As put in your final update, try filling out this little questionnaire:

Starting Weight:

Ending Weight:

Total Pounds Lost:

Avg. Loss Per Week:

Weight Lost as a %:

Did you reach your goal?

Reflections:

Starting Weight: 195

Ending Weight: 188

Total Pounds Lost: 7

Avg. Loss Per Week: 1lb.

Weight Lost as a %: 3.59%

Did you reach your goal? Not entirely, but I'm happy with what I accomplished. I set out to shed 10 lbs., and fell just short. However, one pound a week is a good amount.

Reflections: Last spring I hit two bills for the first time in my life, forcing me to realize that the metabolism wasn't what it used to be. I set out to shed 15 pounds before my best friend's wedding and did it. However, most of that weight crept back on during the holidays. Even though I didn't win the contest, I'm glad that it forced me to watch my weight again. I think I should be able to lose 5-10 more when the weather gets better and I start running again.

I've been cutting carbs since the begining of this month. To my surprise, I haven't lost any body weight (have been 185 since about November) but the lean muscle mass and definition I've gained have been pretty noticeable. At the point I am at now, it would have taken me at least another month or two to get to where I am right now.

I was at my absolute peak last October, when I was 175 and I felt I was finally at my ideal body image. Since I was hitting the punching bag every day for my cardio rather than running or riding the machines, I shed the last ounces of whatever excess body fat that was left and was in the best shape of my life. When the weather warms up, I'm going to go buy one for myself and put it in my backyard (since there isn't any room in my garage to take on anything else).

Starting Weight: 270 (officially started losing weight on 1/1 at 278, but entered this contest at 270)

Ending Weight: 252 as of this morning

Total Pounds Lost: 18

Avg. Loss Per Week: 2.5lb.

Weight Lost as a %: 6.67% (I think I did that right)

Did you reach your goal? My goal is 220, so I still have a little further to go. If I had hit 220 in a span of 2 months, I would probably need to go see a doctor. It hasn't been too hard to drop the weight. My girlfriend has been really supportive.

Reflections: In 2004, I managed to go from 284 to 199 in a span of just 8 months. I dropped a ton of weight, but because I did it with little to no exercise, I still looked like shit. I had since ballooned back up to 278. You know it's time for a change when your XXL shirts are getting too tight, and your gut is starting to hang out from under your shirt. This time I've been doing it right. I drink a lot of water, and watch what I eat. I also go to the jobbing track 3 or 4 times a week and do about 3 miles. On top of this, I do the strength training program on the Bowflex 3 times a week for a half hour a day. My goal is to look good naked. The end.

Thanks to Cheech for keeping up with all the numbers.

It's been quite a while since anyone posted in this thread. Thought I'd see if anyone lost anymore weight. I'm down to 238 as of yesterday for a total loss of 40 lbs.