TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Czech please!

2009 TSM Poster Tournament: The Semifinals

Kinetic - Venkam's posts don't really register for me in the same way as Kinetic's park clearers.

Agent of Oblivion - One of my fellow 'Albums Gary Floyd Listened to Today' cohorts.

Agent

Kinetic

Guest Vitamin X
Myself and Kinetic. Now there's a fight. I'm the seasoned warrior here. Had a tough road to get here! Last year, I'm the only one that really gave Milky a fight.

And for all of you food folderians voting for VX, keep in mind this is the man wanting to cut a food's acidity with lemon juice, and ALSO the man who said this atrocity:

Okay there smart guy, a twist of lemon in tomato juice DOES cut down the acidic taste of the tomato because of citrus flavor. I wasn't attempting to refer to the specific pH of it or anything, but it works in the same sort of way that a twist of lemon works in a glass of water. And as for the second "atrocity"? That was three years ago, which is invalid for this tournament, not that the point at the time (when I absolutely LOATHED onions) was any more invalid.

Agent of Oblivion, who you crappin'?

And Kotz, oh Kotz.. what a traitor.

My votes go

Venkman

Myself

Suck it, Secret Boarders.

EDIT: I have to admire Agent's "get out the vote" campaign in this thread here, including digging up a post I made nearly three years ago to prove his point. If this guy has to go to all that effort to beat me, that I don't know what else I can offer up.

Oh, there's the fact that food folderians would vote for a guy that has never had sushi before this past year and has to start a thread on recommendations for it- and who's favorite variation ends up being the COOKED stuff. Please, people.

Guest Vitamin X

burger.jpgpassionofthemilky.jpg

Huge guy eating huge burger and 2008 Poster of the Year Nighthawk "Milky" both approve- Vote Vitamin X

Vitamin X - At this point, I'm throwing out my typical gut reactions and handling this a little more scientifically. Well, I'm not employing any actual science, but perhaps a good 30 seconds of thought. Usually when I do these things, I say the poster's name and try to jot down the first few things that come to mind. For instance, if I say Treble I might go: tie post, Canadian, one-liners. Or at least something of that ilk. I did the same with VX and came up with: football fan, food guy, and mod. Surprisingly, the same three buzzwords came up for Agent and by God, Agent's better than VX at all three. However, a little more thought swayed me back to VX. Where he succeeds is on the margins, in those quiet threads that no one really reads. There you see him showing a softer side, interacting with everyone and putting a great deal of thought into his posts. That's why he gets the nod.

Oh, and Portland FTW~!

Kinetic - I'd love to cast a vote for Venkman here, but I just can't do it. Not this year. Maybe he can come back next year and halt Dandy's Pursuit of Perfection. Everyone has said what these guys bring to the table, so no need to rehash and make this an ever bigger TL;DR. Perhaps you could argue that what Venk did last year was more important, at least in the sense of preserving TSM's wrestling folder. However, nothing embodies what we do here more than Kinetic's runaway train of sarcastic comments, go nowhere threads and ridiculous videos. It's why I fire this bad boy up every day when I click on that little Internet Explorer icon.

Guest Vitamin X

At least I'm going down swinging to a guy who amazingly hasn't made it this far as frequently as he should have before. No shame in losing here except for the fact I made it to at least the elite eight for what, the fourth straight year and lost again. (Although there might still be hope- comeback!)

And I don't think it was as much of a gamechanger as you think- everyone who voted after that has been people who have been voting against me the entire tournament with the except of gary floyd, who has been on and off and admittedly has more of a connection with Agent thanks to his albums that he listened to thread.

Venk - He did make the WWE Folder a better place to visit this year. At the least, its going to be a good place you can curl up into a ball, let out the final death rattle and pass away in.

AoO

Kinetic - If Venkman were facing either of the other two, he'd move on. However, I had Kinetic as my number one choice and I'm sticking with it.

Agent - He brought it this year.

Heading into the finals, I must say that this was one of the most competitive tourneys I have voted in.

I think we need to talk about Kinetic for a minute.

When Kinetic posts, he does the work of three men: Larry, Curly, and Moe. He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again there are a lot of words he doesn't know the meaning of. And if there's one word to sum up all of Kinetic's success, it's lucky.

Please understand that info was gathered from a survey of 100 TSMers, that's not me talking.