TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Krankor

TSM Fantasy Baseball 2009

Guest Vitamin X

I like staying with Yahoo because we've already been doing it there and have a league history and all that there. Moving to ESPN just because we can't wait a few days is not what I'd call prudent. I also don't want to have to sign up for an ESPN.com account or whatever, when I (along with everyone else here) already have a Yahoo! account.

Guest Vitamin X

Sorry folks! Didn't realize it was my turn until pinjockey PMed me.

340x.jpg

1B Adrian Gonzalez

There are really very few good options left at 1B now, so I'm pretty happy I took somebody who, although he strikes out a lot and hurts his batting average, can add some power to my lineup which doesn't have a whole lot of it.

Guest Vitamin X

The fuck? Could've swore I checked that. Oh well. Let's make it

aubrey-huff-has-wood.jpg

1B Aubrey Huff

Not as good an option as Gonzalez, and I was also looking at Chris Davis, but he was taken as well. At least he's getting older, and so I probably won't keep him after this year anyways.

Well thats the time limit for Matt Young.

JHawk sent me his 2 picks.

Second Round Pick...

Derrek Lee, 1b

200706sportsderrekleechwn5.jpg

Third Round Pick...

Jacoby Ellsbury, OF

jacobyellsburycatchdj9.jpg

Unfortunately, that brings Matt Young BACK up for another 18 hours. Hopefully he appears during this stint to make both his picks.

Guest Vitamin X

Can we oust Matt Young if he misses his picks a certain amount of time? This isn't exactly a desert island draft we're doing here.

Since VitaX is around, he should make his pick. I don't think Matt Young will be back for a while, and it shouldn't stop other people from going if he messed up his pick. We're going at a snail's pace.

I thought that was how we normally handled it anyway. Draft moves on and he can re-pick whenever he shows back up. Not that it matters too much, we are only two picks away from another 18 hour delay/joke pick, so he won't lose out much if VX and Steak go. He'll have plenty of time to re-pick after that.

You really shouldn't get another 18 hours if you've already missed your allotted time from the previous round and haven't made up your pick yet.

Guest Vitamin X

Alright, screw it then I'm drafting:

ichiro11.jpg

Ichiro Suzuki, OF runs in to make sure he's picked by the Wet Sox!

I'd vote, if we do anything, replace him and let the alternate make 3 picks (replace Aybar, then 2nd and 3rd round). That team is still salvageable, but if we dick around any longer on it no one would be able to make anything from it.

Alright I see no reason waiting another 18 hours since this guy's pick is already pending because of the time limit so I'm going to go ahead and draft.

I'm skipping Gabe for now. If he hasn't picked by the end of this round we're going to have to entertain the idea of getting a new manager for that team.

As for Matt, he's new so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he's going to be under the same time span as Gabe for getting these 2 correct picks in.

So for my pick I'm taking.

Felix Hernandez, SP

2003185096ax7.jpg