TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

Superbowl XLIII: Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Arizona Cardinals

I know hindsight is 50/50 and all, but this is like the Browns losing Anderson and Quinn next year and Dorsey coming in and leading them with a record setting offense and 13-3 record.

To be fair, he couldn't do any worse with the season Anderson and Edwards had. Quinn looked alreet, but then got injured - though fair point, who the hell is Dorsey in the grand scheme of things?

I had the Monday booked off at my old job, but I've since started a new job, so I'll be up all night watching it, then going to work at 8am - the joy! Can't wait though. COME ON CARDINALS!

Guest Smues

"And here's Journey to sing their signature hit Don't Stop Believing."

Superbowl pregame shows: Awful since before I was born. And either the lead singer guy had asian transplant surgery, or they replaced him.

The most underwhelming Super Bowl day I am experiencing since Giants/Ravens.

My team was in that game, and I wasn't excited about it since I knew the Ravens would embarass us. I'll love this game if the Cards win, but I don't think I'll care at all if Pittsburgh does since I just don't like the team and don't need to hear the further beatification of Big Ben.

I swear this thread was locked for a few moments.

Count me in as being apathetic about the game. Who cares about the Steelers and the Cardinals suck. I know they've played well the last few games, but too many Sundays I watched them get killed by East Coast teams

Guest Smues

It was, and I thought maybe I had somehow done it, but when I went to unlock it it was unlocked. Odd. AIM chat is up at TSMsuperbowl

And either the lead singer guy had asian transplant surgery, or they replaced him.

Yeah, Steve Perry wouldn't come back to the band so they found some guy on Youtube from the Phillipeans (sp) that sounded exactly like him. Apparently he hates being on tour with the band and wants to go back to his hut.

Oh, and I see the Cardinals with the upset. Fitzgerald will be the MVP and the stat leader.

Guest Smues

This Matt Lowher interview with Barack is just torture. This is the SUPERBOWL pre-game. So what is he asking him? Nothing but politics for like 10 minutes. FINALLY he gets to sports, and its the BCS playoffs. Ugg.

And either the lead singer guy had asian transplant surgery, or they replaced him.

Yeah, Steve Perry wouldn't come back to the band so they found some guy on Youtube from the Phillipeans (sp) that sounded exactly like him. Apparently he hates being on tour with the band and wants to go back to his hut.

Wasn't the second lead singer of Journey named Steve as well and looked/sang just like Steve Perry?

Rodney Harrison can go fuck himself with his cheap shot against the Giants.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Drinking with Dad for the big game this Sunday. My mom just walked through the room while Faith Hill was singing. She gestured at the tv asked:

"Where's what's his name?"

"Howard Cosell? He's dead."

"Not Cosell, god damn it...the country singer. Ready for some footbaw.."

"Johnny Cash? He's dead, too."

Then she walked into the other room.

I was excited to watch a game where all I was interested in was winning money, right up until I found out my numbers for our pool: Steelers 5, Cardinals 0. Those numbers blow.

Guest Smues
Why show the national anthem on TV?

So those of us who bet on how long she'd take could count along. Stupid me bet the under, that was a dumb move.