TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
luke-o

TNA Maximum Impact Tour of the UK

I know it's late and it's almost over, but I'm going to the show in London tomorrow and was wondering if anyone else was.

Confirmed are:

# Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle (of The “Main Event Mafia”)

# Brutus Magnus

# “Big Sexy” Kevin Nash (of The “Main Event Mafia”)

# Mick Foley

# “The King Of The Mountain” Jeff Jarrett

# “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles

# “The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe

# Team 3D

# Beer Money, Inc.

# Abyss

# “The Blueprint” Matt Morgan

# “Showtime” Eric Young

# “Black Machismo” Jay Lethal

# Sheik Abdul Bashir

# Doug Williams

# Alex Shelley of Motor City Machineguns

# Consequences Creed

# ODB

# Taylor Wilde

# The Beautiful People

# TNA announcer Jeremy Borash

Only I don't Nash is going to be there.

Still, Doug Williams is pretty cool.

I like how they feel compelled to list Jeremy Borash, like anyone gives a shit about that fucker. Also, I'm shocked that it wasn't "The Monster" Abyss. TNA loves to give nicknames to the nicknames.

I like how they feel compelled to list Jeremy Borash, like anyone gives a shit about that fucker. Also, I'm shocked that it wasn't "The Monster" Abyss. TNA loves to give nicknames to the nicknames.

Even TNA realizes they made him too soft up until lately.

Yeah he hasn't been a "monster" since he came back from rehab.

Or whatever that angle was.

Yeah he hasn't been a "monster" since he came back from rehab.

Or whatever that angle was.

He was already becoming a pussy in 2006 when he cowered from Jim Mitchell.

Why do TNA give every wrestler a nickanme? And then repeatedly mention it?

Bashir is the "Middle Eatern Nightmare", Mick Foley is the "Hardcore Legend", Taylor Wilde is the "Upset Queen", and Jeremy Borash is "J.B.". Why the use for all the nicknames. Though if the cost was roughly $30 or so I would go if they came to Sydney.

Word is last night at a show in Birmingham, hey announced a UK PPV sometime this year. I'd sure sure make the effort to go along to that.

Why do TNA give every wrestler a nickanme? And then repeatedly mention it?

Bashir is the "Middle Eatern Nightmare", Mick Foley is the "Hardcore Legend", Taylor Wilde is the "Upset Queen", and Jeremy Borash is "J.B.". Why the use for all the nicknames.

Looks like something you'd see in the SVR games' CAW.

Also, Tenay calls Don West "D.W."

I can't wait for West to call Tenay "M.T.".

I don't see the point of the abbreviation if you're just going to say the name. What's the point of calling him J.B. if you're going to say WE'RE GOING TO CROSS OVER NOW TO OUR BROADCAST PARTNER J.B. JEREMY BORASH WITH THE MAIN EVENT MAFIA TAKE IT J.B.! It just feels long winded.

According to the live report at PWInsider the last show of the tour drew a TNA record 8000 people (and I'd read earlier somewhere that they'd sold 7000 something at last check so that's probably an accurate number). So...if TNA is serious about running a ppv from the UK...will they be smart enough to run it in the place that drew 8000 for a house show?

Stay tuned!

According to the live report at PWInsider the last show of the tour drew a TNA record 8000 people (and I'd read earlier somewhere that they'd sold 7000 something at last check so that's probably an accurate number). So...if TNA is serious about running a ppv from the UK...will they be smart enough to run it in the place that drew 8000 for a house show?

Stay tuned!

No, they'd hold it in the area that sold 700 because it was prettier.

And I think the nickname thing is so they can sell shirts they hold the copyright on. That's the best I can figure.

The show was really, really good last night. Very good atmosphere and a huge crowd. They did tell us that we were the biggest crowd they'd ever had and I can believe it as it was really packed out. The matches ranged from good to very good with only two "meh" match.

Alex Shelley d. Eric Young, Doug Williams and Jay Lethal to retain the X Division Title. Very good opener that probably should have had more time. Shelley won with the Sliced Bread on Eric Young. Best moment of that match was seeing Doug Williams hit the Rolling German Suplex. No matter how many times I see it live it still impresses me.

Scott Steiner d. Consequences Creed in a glorified squash. To be fair, Creed did get some moves in, but it was mostly Steiner. Who was awesome.

Taylor Wilde and ODB d. The Beautiful People. "Meh" tag match. Usual knockout stuff. Taylor is a lot prettier than I thought she was going to be.

Brutus Magnus d. Abdul Bashir after the match was restarted when Bashir used his feet on the ropes. Pretty lame ending to an otherwise OK match. Brutus could be great, but he'll need some work. I predict they'll put him in a tag team with Doug Williams if the pair get to work on iMPACT.

Team 3D d. Beer Money INC in a non-title London Street Fight. Great hardcore match with some really good spots. Team 3D we're over as hell and Beer Money got a very good reaction. Team 3D won with a 3D through a table on Storm. After the match Team 3D cut a really good promo putting over TNA and it's fans.

During the intermission, Dixie took photos with the fans with the TNA tag belts and signed autographs. She was really nice and very positive. I also got Brutus' autograph after spotting him hiding VIP area. He was really nice and drew a big crowd once people knew he was there.

After the Intermission, Dixie came to the ring to put over TNA and the fans and tell us that we we're the biggest crowd. She brought out Mick Foley who told us that they were thinking of putting on a PPV or a live Impact show in the UK. Mick was very over. He also put over TNA and the crowd.

Samoa Joe and AJ Styles d. Matt Morgan and Abyss when AJ hit a top rope 450 splash. Very good tag match. Morgan was a great heel and worked very well with AJ. Both AJ and Joe were over, I mean really over. Post match saw Morgan slapping Abyss and Abyss chasing him off with a chair.

Jeff Jarrett d. Kurt Angle in the Main Event. Very good match, not as good as the last PPV one, but good none the less. Jarrett was very over and got a lot of "thank you Jeff chants". Finish saw a ref bump, Steiner interfernece, Foley stopping interferance, Foley giving Angle the Claw and Jarret hitting Angle with the guitar for the 3 count.

After the match, Foley called all the faces down to the ring to thank the fans. He called out Shelley, Williams and Magnus, but they didn't come down for some reason. After that, they shook hands with the fans and all left.

Overall, it was a good show. Morgan impressed me as a heela great deal and Brutus could be good with the right training.

Biggest pops:

AJ

Joe

Foley

Biggest heat:

Angle

Morgan (lots of "you can't wrestle chants")

Bashir