TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AmericanDragon

The Expendables

Statham, Stallone, Jet Li, Mickey Rourke, Dolph Lundgren, Forest Whitaker, and Randy Couture. Jesus Christ, that movie is going to have so much testosterone that everyone in the audience will spontaneously grow a beard. Females included. That's not even including Ben Kingsley and Robert Knepper (couldn't get enough of Statham in the last Transporter movie I guess).

Statham, Stallone, Jet Li, Mickey Rourke, Dolph Lundgren, Forest Whitaker, and Randy Couture. Jesus Christ, that movie is going to have so much testosterone that everyone in the audience will spontaneously grow a beard. Females included. That's not even including Ben Kingsley and Robert Knepper (couldn't get enough of Statham in the last Transporter movie I guess).

And originally Wesley Snipes was going to be involved too. Just imagine...

Just looking at this movie's IMDB page made me spontaneously grow an extra chest hair.

So we have Kingsley and Whitaker for the serious acting, Couture and Statham and Lundgren and Li for the badassery, and Rourke and Stallone to straddle both worlds. Damn. Hey, Jet Li might finally get to be in an English-language action movie that doesn't suck.

And Sandra Bullock, too? Well, her resume is a bit thin these days.

I can't see Arnold being involved for some reason, maybe a brief cameo but not a featured role. But wow, Sandra Bullock in a movie like this? I would assume this is her paying Stallone back for her early role in Demolition Man that boosted her career circa 1993.

This does look really fun though. The world needs another "Mercenaries overthrow a dictator" flick. They do need Chuck Norris though, just seems like the sort of flick he would have done circa 1980. Maybe get Tom Berenger too.

Jesus Christ, that movie is going to have so much testosterone that everyone in the audience will spontaneously grow a beard.

Just looking at this movie's IMDB page made me spontaneously grow an extra chest hair.

oh jingus you are so funny

I guess Eric Roberts replaced Kingsley who dropped out of the movie. I was actually getting ready to post this, and saw the thread. This looks like it's going to be badass. Apparently JC Van Dam turned down a part due to Sly not telling him what his character would be, instead just telling him the fighting would be good and he'd make a ton of money.

Apparently Arnold is going to have a small role in this film, pretty much as himself. I don't know if it's playing himself or playing a currently unnamed state governor. Oh and fuck a link, go read the story yourselves at 411.

Stone Cold and Randy the Ram join forces...

Steve Austin (WWE) has joined the cast of Sylvester Stallone's The Expendables. Austin joins a cast that already includes Mickey Rourke (The Wrestler) as well as Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Forest Whitaker and Charisma Carpenter.

The film is about a team of mercenaries who attempt to overthrow a South American dictator.

Credit: Variet

Don't forget Charisma Carpenter as the love interest. I even saw one report that had Gordon Ramsay making a cameo! Sly's really calling in his favors for this one. It looks like everyone Stallone's ever talked to is making at least a token appearance in this.

If Bruce Willis makes a cameo, the world might explode from having Arnold, Sly, and himself all in one piece of film. It's also cool to see that David Zayas of Dexter fame, Danny Trejo, and Aaron Aguilera(WWE's Jesus) are either signed or rumored to be in this as well.

This could very well be THE GREATEST ACTION MOVIE OF ALL-TIME! Too bad Jean Claude had to be an ass about turning down a part for the movie, this could've been his silver screen resurrection even if it was just for one time.