TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

FOX Sunday Night 08/09 - now in HD!

They also (and I noticed they already did this with last weeks episode) moved to four acts and did away with the commercial break right after the opening.

The opening could be completely redone for the 20th season which production wise, starts on the 15th and lasts until next year.

These improvements will please especially those with a HD television set and reception. The standard definition broadcast will be letterboxed.

The new aspect ratio also required giving a facelift to the iconic opening sequence of the show, originally penned by David Silverman in April 1989 as his very first job for the 30-minute show. It was reanimated for the second season to adapt to the changed look of the show, and has now been yet again reanimated for the HD era, but also slightly rewritten. It will be basically similar, but the animators have tweaked it a bit and added some extra visuals.

Here's a weird one - King of the Hill of all shows was in widescreen HD on Sunday night. Why they would bother so far into what has already been announced as the end of the line for them is an anomaly to me, and even more so that they would get a one week jump on The Simpsons big move.

It looks great in HD. Cartoon or not - you can tell the difference.

And we have a Poochie reference right off the bat.

Lots of good references in there. Debbie Pinson! I liked how El Barto had a plaque (with a "?"). Hank Scorpio too!

The HD was pretty great too, the difference really seems nominal on KotH so I was glad to see it look so damn good here. I did a frame by frame of the pan shot in the opening - you have Ralph playing on Grimey's grave, Kang and Kodos, God and Satan... good stuff.

Lots of good references in there. Debbie Pinson! I liked how El Barto had a plaque (with a "?"). Hank Scorpio too!

The HD was pretty great too, the difference really seems nominal on KotH so I was glad to see it look so damn good here. I did a frame by frame of the pan shot in the opening - you have Ralph playing on Grimey's grave, Kang and Kodos, God and Satan... good stuff.

I got a kick out of Marge buying Mr. Sparkle and Tomacco juice.

Can I watch the new episode in HD on the Fox website? My roommate has his computer hooked up to our flatscreen, but we only have an SD show hole hookup.

If you go to Hulu.com it's in widescreen. So is King of the Hill apparently.

Another fine TV/Movies contribution by Czech. Feel free to make fun of people who like The Dark Knight while you're in the area!

No, seriously this show is terrible now, and if you like the Simpsons nowadays, you are a bad person and deserve to be pushed off of a cliff by your youngest child.

Fucking shits not funny, man.

Guest Smues
I want this show to stop. I want it to stop now.

Why? People still like it, so why stop it? Yeah it's not what it used to be, and I've long stopped watching as the current show just doesn't appeal to me, but it seems to work for others so I don't have a problem with it continuing. Well other than the fact that the longer it runs the more money Nancy Cartwright wastes by giving it to Scientology.

Another fine TV/Movies contribution by Czech. Feel free to make fun of people who like The Dark Knight while you're in the area!

No, seriously this show is terrible now, and if you like the Simpsons nowadays, you are a bad person and deserve to be pushed off of a cliff by your youngest child.

Fucking shits not funny, man.

People who act like this over somebody liking a fucking tv show deserve to be pushed off a cliff first.

Actually, I thought that episode was better than most of the recent episodes. That's not saying much these days, though.

The new intro was fantastic, though. That old one has bugged me for years, just because of how dated it looked.