TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

FOX Sunday Night 08/09 - now in HD!

Another fine TV/Movies contribution by Czech. Feel free to make fun of people who like The Dark Knight while you're in the area!

No, seriously this show is terrible now, and if you like the Simpsons nowadays, you are a bad person and deserve to be pushed off of a cliff by your youngest child.

Fucking shits not funny, man.

People who act like this over somebody liking a fucking tv show deserve to be pushed off a cliff first.

A similar situation was MadTV's cancellation. People were celebrating this as a big victory and I couldn't figure out why. I mean, I hadn't watched the show in over a decade, but was the show's existence stopping some hidden gem of comedy from getting on the air? The sarcastic prediction I was going to make when people were discussing this last year was going to be something along the lines of, "Wow, you guys sure are looking forward to 'Talk Show with Spike Ferestein' being on an hour earlier", but apparently that's what actually happened anyway. So way to go champions of television justice.

Guest Czech please!
Yall mothafuckas need to stop hating for real. You know what being loyal is? Apparently not.

People have no obligation to be loyal to television programs, you rube.

Another fine TV/Movies contribution by Czech. Feel free to make fun of people who like The Dark Knight while you're in the area!

Okay, so I know I'm supposed to stay out of MMA. Anywhere else I can't trespass on the board I'm supposed to run? I mean, I didn't think I was going out on a limb by saying this show isn't very good anymore--yes, it is past "not as good but still better than most shows," so drop that one--and should wind up already. It's a pretty popular opinion among pretty much everyone who grew up loving the hell out of this show. Did I need an introduction, three supporting paragraphs, and a conclusion to say the thing's been shitty for like five years? Everyone knows it sucks. I have no obligation to go out of my way to articulate that.

Yeah it's not what it used to be, and I've long stopped watching as the current show just doesn't appeal to me, but it seems to work for others so I don't have a problem with it continuing.

Younger folks are already discovering the show in syndication/first run and deciding it isn't funny, and they're right. It's not funny. It's bad. I'm aware it doesn't really matter, but it irritates me that they're all so greedy as to keep this show on life support. Nobody will treasure or fondly remember the last seven to ten years of this show except for borderline autistic completists or the denizens of the TSM TV/Film Folder, where everything should win the Every Award for Best Anything.

Anybody watch last night's episode? Some pretty good stuff:

-"Tex Avery Syndrome"

-the camera pulling back from the Earth and around the Moon was just a gorgeous piece of animation

-happy to say I got 2 of the 3 riddles (I wasn't going to try the anagram)

-I'm guessing the Kent Brockman bit was inspired by Bill O'Reilly

-"Ah! Catholics!"

-the Phillie Phanatic!

-how often do we get Skinner/Comic Book Guy/Mr. Burns sharing a storyline?

-"Staged" Revolutionary War, with Franklin cutting up the snake from his "Join, or Die" political cartoon

-Santa's Little Helper swimming alongside the boat, only to have Homer tell him "didn't you listen to the plan?", and turning around to swim back

I thought the episode was just a mess. If I didn't look at the description I wouldn't have known they were supposed to be movie parodies, and none of it made sense. There seemed to be some editing issues, too, because the timing was off on some lines.

Anybody watch last night's episode? Some pretty good stuff:

-happy to say I got 2 of the 3 riddles (I wasn't going to try the anagram)

I...did not. Of course, it's because I'm lazy and not because I'm stupid. Yeah, that's the ticket...

-I'm guessing the Kent Brockman bit was inspired by Bill O'Reilly

I dunno, it seems like that was just Kent Brockman being Kent Brockman - that's perfectly in character for him (and always, ALWAYS funny to me).

-"Staged" Revolutionary War, with Franklin cutting up the snake from his "Join, or Die" political cartoon

I didn't get this reference, so thanks for explaining that one. Yeah, really not helping my "I'm not stupid just lazy" stance here, I know.

As for the episode itself, I thought it was pretty good overall. Having Lisa being able to DO something instead of sitting around whining at people is always a good thing. Also, Homer impersonating Maggie ("South Park did it!") for Marge was hilarious. Finallly, the riddles were entertaining, especially with the false answers. Funny stuff.

I made the O'Reilly connection based off Brockman's "we'll do it NOW!", figuring it was a riff on O'Reilly's "do it LIVE!"

I forgot to mention, but the Rube Goldberg-ian church organ stuff was another bit of great animation. Lisa's impatience when it kept going & going was a good reaction.

Also, Mr. Burns' eye is the eye on the dollar! And the pyramid is his, too.

Yall mothafuckas need to stop hating for real. You know what being loyal is? Apparently not.

People have no obligation to be loyal to television programs, you rube.

Okay, so I know I'm supposed to stay out of MMA. Anywhere else I can't trespass on the board I'm supposed to run? I mean, I didn't think I was going out on a limb by saying this show isn't very good anymore--yes, it is past "not as good but still better than most shows," so drop that one--and should wind up already. It's a pretty popular opinion among pretty much everyone who grew up loving the hell out of this show. Did I need an introduction, three supporting paragraphs, and a conclusion to say the thing's been shitty for like five years? Everyone knows it sucks. I have no obligation to go out of my way to articulate that.

Yeah it's not what it used to be, and I've long stopped watching as the current show just doesn't appeal to me, but it seems to work for others so I don't have a problem with it continuing.

Younger folks are already discovering the show in syndication/first run and deciding it isn't funny, and they're right. It's not funny. It's bad. I'm aware it doesn't really matter, but it irritates me that they're all so greedy as to keep this show on life support. Nobody will treasure or fondly remember the last seven to ten years of this show except for borderline autistic completists or the denizens of the TSM TV/Film Folder, where everything should win the Every Award for Best Anything.

You should really stay out of every part of the board. That would be the best for everyone.

What song was that guy singing outside that girls window? I've heard it before but can't remember the song or how I know it.

It's Falling Slowly by Glen Hansard............ where the fuck did I hear this and why........

What song was that guy singing outside that girls window? I've heard it before but can't remember the song or how I know it.

It's Falling Slowly by Glen Hansard............ where the fuck did I hear this and why........

The song won last year's Oscar for best song from a motion picture for the movie "Once". That was what the rest of the scene referenced too, with the movie being about the guy and the girl falling for each other but her being married and he was involved in a relationship as well.

It was a really random reference for the Simpsons though, since the movie wasn't popular, and came out a year and a half ago.

The passage of time on The Simpsons really messes with your mind if you overthink it.

I found The Parson to be an amusing character (he remembers when Helen was Harold!) and I had a pretty good laugh at Moe's merchandise table (with the "Welcome Parson" button surprising Moe as the only sale).

On Family Guy, the ST:TNG crew ordering from McDonald's was probably the funniest thing I've seen on that show in a long time. Patrick Stewart also continues to be awesome in voice over work.

Yeah, that was a nice run there.

I've already forgotten the backstory on Reginald the koala bear so off to wikipedia to get the info on that.

Edit:

The family goes without him, and, so that Klaus' ticket doesn't go to waste, they take along Reginald--another "volunteer" from the CIA's secret brain-swap program. The episode ends with a kicky eighties-style theme song about how Reginald, a homeless and starving African-American man, had his mind switched with a koala bear and now uses his inherent cuteness to perform undercover espionage missions for the government.

Damn, that just aired a month and a half ago. My memory sucks sometimes.

Brian: Are you queer?

Stewie: Oh, ya know...probably.

Family Guy has been really funny the last few weeks.

"How are we going to organize the teams?"

"How about the white guys against the black guys?"

"Patrick! Stop being an instigator!"

If only Seth would stick with being humorous instead of trying to make a social statement FG would be so much better. The bowling alley and McDonald's scenes were both hilarious.

If only Seth would stick with being humorous instead of trying to make a social statement FG would be so much better. The bowling alley and McDonald's scenes were both hilarious.

I agree. The ST:TNG/Stewie bits were hilarious, while the Meg/Brian/religion bits were awful.

Brian: Are you queer?

Stewie: Oh, ya know...probably.

Family Guy has been really funny the last few weeks.

Yea, that was awesome. Family Guy and American Dad have been doing the best out all the shows the past couple of weeks I have to say.