TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

Your guilty pleasure of the moment

If This Is It

Do You Believe In Love?

I hated it whenever they showed up on VH1's The Big 80s when I was a lad but now I'm becoming to like Huey Lewis and The News. I'm not sure if it's the mention of them in American Psycho or his role in Short Cuts that caused the reappraisal. I think they're endearingly middle of the road. They're pretty much the Hootie and The Blowfish of the '80s. If those guys deserved a defense than these guys sure as hell do.

If "Do You Believe In Love?" doesn't cause you to crack a smile than you truly have no soul.

Have I mentioned that The News were Elvis Costello's backup band on My Aim Is True. That's got to help their hipster cred somehow!

Light jazz at its finest.

I love that song.

Guest Czech please!
I'm becoming to see like Huey Lewis and The News.

Is it just me or are you getting increasingly indecipherable?

I owned that Aqua album. Bought it in 6th grade and made the mistake of telling someone. Got roughed up a little for that one.

Sorry Czech for the odd grammatical errors, I'm have finishing paper for my course on Western Intervention in The Middle East/half boarding hard.

I met a guy who was a massive Aqua fan at a theater day camp I went to back in middle school. Man was he gay. We almost got into a fistfight during a particularly intense game of Capture The Flag. I'm glad I didn't because I found out that the kid was apparently a black belt in Tae-Kwon Do. I would have never lived down getting the shit beat out of me by an effeminate gay guy ...even at a theater day camp.

My 8th grade history teacher loved Aqua. He hated everything related to rock music though.

I saw Huey Lewis and the motherfucking News live and in concert many moons ago. There's no need for reappraisal with them. They are terrible.

I recall Aqua being big in Europe when I lived there. They love shitty dance music and novelty acts in the Old Country.

Watch out people. This song will grow on you like a cancerous cyst. Same repercussions too.

It was on the Sliding Doors Soundtrack, too. For those of you who could not tell or are not homosexual.

I agree with Stars are Blind.

Sadly, some of the top played songs on my iPod are songs that are guilty pleasures. Songs I know are cheesy and bad, but I like them anyway, such as when I found a Youngstown CD in a dollar bin. I have a soft spot for late 90s boy bands, for some strange reason. Youngstown was the group that did "I'll Be Your Everything" for the Inspector Gadget soundtrack. I think the funny part is though, on the CD, there is a "rap version" which is the same song, just some of the lyrics changed to be fairly dirty, such as changing "I'll just call out go go Gadget" to "Let me freak you with my gadget".

I also have the Cobra Starship theme from Snakes on A Plane that I was hooked on for a while that I am trying to push out of most played contention.

I had 50 free MP3s available at a site, and was looking through the selection when I came across Lady Gaga. I cannot stand when I get a song I hate stuck in my head, such is the case with Poker Face. Do I move along? No, I download the Poker Face MP3 and put it into rotation on my computer. It's a song I know I do not like, yet I can't stop listening to it.

Shut Up and Let Me Go - The Ting Tings

Hot Revolver - Lil Wayne

I just discovered AFI - Sing The Sorrow, and I'm really digging it. I like almost the entire album. It's kind of scaring me.

Watch out people. This song will grow on you like a cancerous cyst. Same repercussions too.

It was on the Sliding Doors Soundtrack, too. For those of you who could not tell or are not homosexual.

I have this on my Ipod. It's been there for several years. I remember when I first heard it on the radio, and couldn't believe it was the same group responsible for Barbie Girl. Pretty damned good song. I like the dark, heavy part towards the end. The singer is cute as hell too. Wonder whatever happened to them?