TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shelton Benjamin outta f'in nowhere!

Main Event Mafia Offers Blagojevich Job

“He’s innocent until proven guilty,” Angle said. “As the leader of the Main Event Mafia, I am a huge fan of the Illinois style of politics. As such, Governor Blagojevich is welcome to join me and the entire Main Event Mafia at any and all TNA events in the future, and certainly is welcome to sell his seat with us should he choose not to accept our generous offer.”

Even coming on the heels of the Sarah Palin debacle, i think this is hilarious. When the MEM decide you might be a good fit for their company, then you have sunk as far as humanly possible.

SOURCE

At least the whole thing seems very tongue in cheek this time. With the Palin thing, it almost sounded like they thought she had a realistic chance of showing up.

TNA does this stupid stuff and they always have. Before Palin it was Bobby Knight. Pacman, the Tennessee Titans, Brian Urlacher, that American Idol guy, Jonny Fairplay getting a contract, Toby Keith wrestling Jarrett, the Baseball Brawl gimmick... TNA are star fuckers craving media attention (which actually seems par for the course for wrestling promotions).

I just tend to ignore this stuff and hope it doesn't lead to much more than a couple of stupid minutes on TV.