TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Your Paragon of Virtue

XBOX 360 vs. PS3

How would I know that? I don't own an Xbox. I do own a Wii, however, and that also came with composite cables, and not component cables. Two of the last DVD players I bought (Samsung and Toshiba) also included composite instead of component . Don't act like this is a Sony exclusive practice.

Guest Smues

And the best the Wii can do is 480p? Ditto dvd players. The PS3 is touted as a next gen Hi-def device. And that AWESOME BLU RAY POWAAAAA. So they aught to include hi-def cables of some kind.

I understand not including component cables. It's a very small subset of TV owners that would require components for their PS3. Most people either have a regular TV that would require the composite cables, or an HDTV that takes HDMI. And including HDMI wouldn't be cost effective, thus nobody does it.

The amount of people that are either super early adopters of HDTVs (thus no HDMI) or have standard def TVs that also want to use the component cables (you'd barely notice a difference) is very small.

Guest Vitamin X

A lot HDTVs have component (YPbPr) inputs, though. Mine does, and I wasn't exactly a super early adopter or anything. And yet, the 360 came with components. Imagine that.

Although the 360 is cheaper. The price point is less expensive. If you want the online stuff, you'll have to pay for it, but their service is much better than PSN's, not the least of which is because there's so many more people to play with. In the long run, any video game system is going to cost more money, of course, that's the way it works. You don't exactly start getting free games with the PS3, either.

As for the Blu-Ray argument, I've found an up-converting DVD player to suit me just fine, and the 360's DVD player is just fine. And maybe it's just me, or the 3 different PS3's I've tried, but I've found the PS3 to overall just be slower and clunkier than the 360.. and the controller, again in my personal opinion, feels better in my hand than the PS3's.

I like to try to go for the system that has the most games on it, which is the 360's by far.. Just like with the PS2 the previous generation.

Dell Home has the Sony Playstation 3 80GB HDD Gaming Console for $319.99 after 20% off Coupon Code: 138BFW5PN676V2 (Exp 2/6). Free Shipping. Tax in most.

Just expired but Dell always always has 15-20 percent off coupons. Just google it. People have been able to do a printout of an invoice off of dell.com before submitting it and taking that invoice to a store (Best Buy/Walmart, etc) and getting a price match.