TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MFer

Nadya Suleman

Watched that Dateline piece on her, and there is no doubt she is unfit to bear the parenting duties of these children. She is just looking for attention, and part of me really thinks she is either hiding a mental illness, or hasn't been diagnosed with one, but needs to be. From what has come out in the last week, it seems like she already is completely struggling to take care of the first six in the first place, always throwing them off to her mother (who has gone public in really not agreeing with what her own daughter is doing) instead. Then on top of it, she spends an insane amount of money on these invitro procedures (I read a story that said she has spent 100,000 so far on just that alone), plastic surgery for herself (to emulate Angelina Jolie....are you fucking kidding me), a publicist, a website to try to generate donations, etc?!!! FUCKING INSANITY! And three of her six kids are on SSI for disability (BECAUSE of these messed up in vitro procedures she has, making them premature births), and they aren't even 7 yet, none of them.

What really is tragic about it is looking at the new 8 babies, all are completely premature and look like they are close to death, or in the least, probably will have a handful of health issues with them when they start growing. It's just sick as hell.

There is really no other way around this than for someone to step up and force her to give up all eight of those children if at all possible. They need to be given up for adoption before this whackjob even gets the chance to bring them home.

From what has come out in the last week, it seems like she already is completely struggling to take care of the first six in the first place, always throwing them off to her mother (who has gone public in really not agreeing with what her own daughter is doing) instead. Then on top of it, she spends an insane amount of money on these invitro procedures (I read a story that said she has spent 100,000 so far on just that alone), plastic surgery for herself (to emulate Angelina Jolie....are you fucking kidding me),

Okay, this stuff wasn't in the earlier reports I saw. Yeah, I take it all back, looks like she's a total nutjob.

Thats what we said Jingus.

We weren't ragging her for having kids or IVF, we were ragging on her for having 8 kids on top of 6, when she couldn't barely afford one.

Isn't that kind of birth more appropriate for an Opossum?

So where has she gotten the money? Government disability and food stamps wouldn't even cover the $100K in fertility costs, much less the cosmetic surgery and other stuff.

I heard that she had insurance to cover the InVitro, dunno about the Cosmetic work.

Maybe her parents' insurance still covers her?

You could have excellent insurance somehow and still not make enough money to be off of food stamps.

The Dateline interview just shows she's completely out of touch in the situation. Her rebuttal to irresponsibility in bearing a number of children was questioning why couples are exempt from scrutiny for bearing 12 kids. The thing is, couple or not, you're going to catch shit from the general public for birthing children in the U.S. without a stable paycheck and doing so when you have several children without a stable paycheck.

I really hope from the bottom of my heart that this woman doesn't see a cent for her irresponsibility. Put her children in good foster care because none of them deserve to be housed with a mother clearly not looking out for their needs.

Destroy her ovaries and give her a hysterectomy. That thing's like the generator from Gauntlet. It's going keep popping out unwanted creatures until you make that shit explode. *Upgrades Ticket to Hell to First Class, Window Seat*

So where has she gotten the money? Government disability and food stamps wouldn't even cover the $100K in fertility costs, much less the cosmetic surgery and other stuff.

She said she has taken out student loans for many years (claimed only $50,000 but I seriously doubt that) and also was earning a few hundred thousand from a lawsuit she won for being injured on the job (ironically, A MENTAL INSTITUTION she worked at apparently).....that payout from the injury had just ended last year, so I think it's not coincidence that she decided to then have as many kids as possible here......it's all just to make money from the situation since she wasn't earning shit otherwise.

I love her denial of not having plastic surgery or even follow Angelina Jolie's life story, etc. I mean cmon, look at the pictures from her before and look at her now. It's obvious she has had tons of work done on her face, and quite frankly, she looks like a freak because of it. Prior, she was actually kind of hot way back when.

What gets me is why she just couldn't sell off the rest of those embryos that birthed the new eighth. Instead she felt like she HAD to use them or else she would be "killing life." Give me a fucking break.

It would be very difficult to terminate Nadya's parental rights and give the kids up for adoption. We can all talk about how crazy she is, but she can at least pretend to be normal, if we go by the interviews. And while she probably has let her mother raise the first 6 kids for her, and not been a great parent to them, there's no proof she was ever abusive.

I think social services will insist she gets a bigger place, but I can't see them taking the kids away from her entirely.

It would be very difficult to terminate Nadya's parental rights and give the kids up for adoption. We can all talk about how crazy she is, but she can at least pretend to be normal, if we go by the interviews. And while she probably has let her mother raise the first 6 kids for her, and not been a great parent to them, there's no proof she was ever abusive.

I think social services will insist she gets a bigger place, but I can't see them taking the kids away from her entirely.

Just because there isn't literal physical abuse in the household doesn't mean social services can't take them away. There are plenty of other reasons why they could and should.

Just because there isn't literal physical abuse in the household doesn't mean social services can't take them away. There are plenty of other reasons why they could and should.

It would be difficult to find her mentally incompetent (yes, despite the fact, she's clearly got emotional issues) and if you can't do that, the only thing you have left to prove is abuse. If you start saying it's abusive that she has 14 kids...well, that's a can of worms to open up, because of all the large families in the world. It's actually very difficult to terminate someone's parental rights completely. They have to be a crazed junkie or in and out of prison.

Also, whether anyone wants to admit it or not, she's going to make some money out of this. So, at least she'll be able to get a bigger house and a few nannies and the kids will be cared for.

I think what I find troubling in this is the idea that society can take away one's children when it sees the parents mentally unfit. I mean physical abuse is one thing. But in other situations, is this what a free society is all about?

I think what I find troubling in this is the idea that society can take away one's children when it sees the parents mentally unfit. I mean physical abuse is one thing. But in other situations, is this what a free society is all about?

So you're okay with people with serious mental issues taking care of kids? I have no problem with the idea within a free society; you are free as long as you aren't endangering other people with your freedom. By allowing mentally unfit people to keep their children, the state is putting the children in serious danger. I don't even see how this is debatable.

She or whoever is taking care of her is going through foreclosure.

Out on their asses in May due to being 23,000 dollars behind in payments.

I think part of this (as well as being crazy) was that she wanted to be a child expert on Oprah. Apparently she's also in college studying child psychology or some bullshit, and she thinks she'll support her children with that once she's graduated.

Apparently she used some of a payout (possibly the insurance) for the plastic surgury.

I pray that that ship has sailed. At the start (when all the reports just had her as 'mother births 8') I would have said there might be a change, maybe not Oprah, or as an expert, but she might get a small bit of fame. Now I see her on as one of those guests Oprah shouts at, and asks what she's doing. She's become twice as famous as she was before, but it's more in an outrage/ she's batshit crazy - kind of way.

I don't think her family are struggling for money as much now. Octogranny got $40, 000 for the radar online interview, and while the today show, didn't pay Nadia for her interview, she's made about $100, 000 from various tabloids.

So that's $140,000 coming into that household and noone thought to pay the mortgage?

I imagine Nadya's planning on getting a bigger place, once she's gotten the money from a few more tabloids.

I really dislike the idea that she's getting rewarded for this. Even if she won't make millions, she's probably guaranteed herself a lavish lifestyle for the rest of her life. Assuming, she's not forced to pay the $3 million hospital bill.

Guest Danny Dubya
I think part of this (as well as being crazy) was that she wanted to be a child expert on Oprah. Apparently she's also in college studying child psychology or some bullshit, and she thinks she'll support her children with that once she's graduated.

Apparently she used some of a payout (possibly the insurance) for the plastic surgury.

Well hey, if she's successful in her studies, maybe she'll learn what's wrong with herself. Maybe she'll slowly learn what a sane, responsible adult is in class.

But I wouldn't get my hopes up too high.

I heard some story on the news the other day that she's looking at some house that's going for over a million. What an idiot.

Actually to have a reasonable amount of room for 14 kids, a million dollar home is about what she'd need. I highly doubt that's her rationale, but it's what she'd need.