TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thanks for the Fish

TNA PPV's getting only 14,000 buys

Yeah that's what I meant. stream = carrier. Sorry.

If it is available to all, then that is pretty low. It would be interesting to see a graphical chart to see where the majority of these PPVs were. Any bets?

Georgia? Florida? Tennessee?

14,000 is real bad for a live PPV of TNA's size.

The danger here, is the fact that ratings are going up. TNA deludes themselves by doing "THE RATINGS! THE RATINGS!". They popped a 1.2 for this week's show.

Problem is. Ratings don't overly pay, not at that level. And maybe...10% (If that) of that audience is buying their PPV's, their merch, or attending live events. Bad precident. The last major show with Angle/Jeff didn't even do as well as they hoped it would.

I really wonder if TNA is still self sustaining profitable with these buyrates. I know they were a few months ago, but I dunno about now. They are losing quite a bit of money on every PPV that does so little.

I don't know if it's in there word for word, but Dave's confirmed that their buyrates are about at that level. He's talked about it. Even going as far as to tell a TNA fan on the radio show "Oh...You're not going to like this" when the subject was broached.

It was a really diehard fan who gets a lot of grief on their board for going to great lengths to defend TNA. The best part was when the fan said that he had purchased every TNA PPV since they went monthly in November of 2004 but that he didn't get Against All Odds as things were just too bad even for him.

It's quite a feat to turn off a fan who defends you at every turn and has paid money to you on a monthly basis for over four years.

I don't know if it's in there word for word, but Dave's confirmed that their buyrates are about at that level. He's talked about it. Even going as far as to tell a TNA fan on the radio show "Oh...You're not going to like this" when the subject was broached.

It was a really diehard fan who gets a lot of grief on their board for going to great lengths to defend TNA. The best part was when the fan said that he had purchased every TNA PPV since they went monthly in November of 2004 but that he didn't get Against All Odds as things were just too bad even for him.

It's quite a feat to turn off a fan who defends you at every turn and has paid money to you on a monthly basis for over four years.

I also assumed Crumbley was the diehard fan Chico referred to in the newsletter as calling the card too shitty to justify ordering AAO.

and take guys like Foley and Cornette and make them into the head bookers and try them out. Try something different.

LOL. So giving Cornette the book is trying something new?? That cat still thinks its 1986.

I do agree that they need fresh minds. I still dont get why they dont look to recruit writers and bookers. Start up some sort of contest online or something and have people submit booking ideas.

The problem is TNA is such a scorched earth talent wise that it's hard to know where to begin if you're a new booker. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, TNA has to find someone that isn't totally buried among the younger guys and pull the trigger. Hernandez struck me as someone that hasn't lost a ton of matches or been in a dumb angle lately, so go with him.

The problem is TNA is such a scorched earth talent wise that it's hard to know where to begin if you're a new booker. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, TNA has to find someone that isn't totally buried among the younger guys and pull the trigger. Hernandez struck me as someone that hasn't lost a ton of matches or been in a dumb angle lately, so go with him.

I say pay Bryan Danielson whatever he wants to come in. He has international cred, never been in the wwe, could claim to be the best technical wrestler in the world, trained by HBK, fought all around the world and has a standing offer from the wwe and never accepted it.