TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA All-Star Weekend

Man, how far have we come with these dunks when a legit, two-handed foul line dunk is met with relative silence?

Man, how far have we come with these dunks when a legit, two-handed foul line dunk is met with relative silence?

Howard's too tall. If he'd done the free throw line dunk on an 11 foot basket maybe the crowd would have realized what they were seeing.

It wasn't legit. He took a step in front of it.

Yeah, how dare he only travel 14 1/2 feet instead of 15.

It wasn't legit. He took a step in front of it.

Yeah, how dare he only travel 14 1/2 feet instead of 15.

It's not a true foul line dunk. You want a foul line dunk? Jump BEHIND the foul line. That was not a foul line dunk. Simple as that.

It's not a true foul line dunk. You want a foul line dunk? Jump BEHIND the foul line. That was not a foul line dunk. Simple as that.

This is not the Long Jump at the Olympics. There is no "foul" for stepping over the line. If the dunk contest comes down to a size 18 shoe being a few inches beyond an arbitrary spot on the floor, then there's really no point to there being judges. Nate didn't actually clear Dwight Howard, but he got credit for jumping over him. It was not VC vs Weis, so maybe we should have said it wasn't legit either.

It was as legit of one as there's been in this contest. The guy's also 265 pounds and doing it with two hands.

But either way, I can't argue Nate winning this one. It was pretty much over after his last dunk.

I was disappointed that I missed the HORSE contest, but now that I got a chance to watch I realized I should have just skipped over it. Mayo was the only one who even tried somewhat interesting shots. Durant just hung around the 3 point line which was probably smart, but made for a terribly boring game.

The Saturday stuff has turned into the biggest waste of time. I am done with it. Forever. Nothing short of Wilt coming back from the dead and going one on one in a game of jungle ball with Shaq could bring me to watch it again.

You get

A.) The same freaking Slam Dunk program before the event every year

B.) Kenny Smith always bagging on people, and not doing it well. Or creaming over one person.

C.) Same events, no personality, basically vanilla stuff. Musical "performances" included. Just fucking kill me now if this is what constitutes a performance in 2009.

D.) Most importantly, the dunk contest is done. D-O-N-E. There are no more creative ideas. Anything that can be done has been done. At this point, the only dunk I want to see is a Yao Ming between-the-legs Isaiah Rider style jam. That shit's not happening. Kill it.

I'd rather watch people beat the shit out of each other. Boxing tonight was good.

The dunk contest isn't done.

It was utter shit a few years ago, but its slowly starting to come back.

It's just starving for some actual star power. Next year should have it. If James really does throw his hat in the mix we should get some actual talent as opposed to the typical jobber nba guys like Gerald Green and JR Smith.

Each year we do see a lot of rehashed dunks, but I did see a few original dunks this year that were fine.

The Rudy Fernandez dunk that took him 87 attempts because he had an idiot like Pau passing him the ball was really good looking.

The Dwight Howard 12 foot rim dunk was nice. It could have been better if he would have raised it another foot and a half so that it would look ridiculously high. If he had to strain to dunk something at like 13 1/2 feet, that would have been amazing. His foul line dunk to end the contest was weak compared to his first 2 dunks. If would have done the foul line with a raised basket, he would have won the contest easily.

B.) Kenny Smith always bagging on people, and not doing it well.

Normally, the bagging is the responsibility of Charles Barkley, but there was that whole DUI thing that kept him off the show.

I thought the 3-pt contest was the worst I've ever seen. Not one person could break 20? I thought the dunk contest was ok. Not the best, not the worst. The forklift dunk was cool and Nate's kryptonite outfit was some good showmanship.

It's just starving for some actual star power. Next year should have it. If James really does throw his hat in the mix we should get some actual talent as opposed to the typical jobber nba guys like Gerald Green and JR Smith.

To his credit, I think I pretty much enjoyed every single dunk he did...so star powers not necessary if they pull out some nice dunks.

Mo Williams kinda got hosed in the Skills challenge, where the ballboy jumped out in front of him during that bounce pass. That ended up being the difference between him advancing and being eliminated.

Howard's foul-line dunk just wasn't the same as when Dr. J and Jordan did it. When you put theirs in slo-mo it definitely looked like they were flying. Howard's was OK, but didn't do much for me. I was more impressed with his first dunk in the finals when he clearly screwed up where he wanted to put the ball but still brought the fans to their feet.

I do agree that Fernandez' 2nd dunk would have scored higher if Gasol gotten the pass to him the first or 2nd time.

Mo Williams kinda got hosed in the Skills challenge, where the ballboy jumped out in front of him during that bounce pass. That ended up being the difference between him advancing and being eliminated.

That's just the NBA trying to screw those Cavs again.

Man the dunk contest was garbage. I'm sick of the gimmicks. Enough of this garbage. Let's get some real dunkers in there. I want to ban the props and the jerseys and all that garbage. Get 6 or 8 people, limit them to 3 tries each, ban props, and just let them dunk that shit. Oh and limit all the damn lob dunks, since it takes forever to get the right pass.

Man the dunk contest was garbage. I'm sick of the gimmicks. Enough of this garbage. Let's get some real dunkers in there. I want to ban the props and the jerseys and all that garbage. Get 6 or 8 people, limit them to 3 tries each, ban props, and just let them dunk that shit. Oh and limit all the damn lob dunks, since it takes forever to get the right pass.

But then you just have a bunch of boring dunks...(Boring in the sense that we've seen pretty much all of them before). You can only go between the legs/spin/jump from far..so much before it starts to lose it's flare.