TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slickster

When TNA closes...

While I think we all could admit having Heyman writing would at least be much more better booking than it is now, to say it would double ratings, and particularly without any severe changes in their advertising/marketing/branding, is absolutely ridiculous.

On the flip side, I'm sure the number would jump A BIT just because one would assume and pretty much set in stone that the storylines would be far more compelling. But would it double? Hell no. Would it jump up a .1 or .2 or so within 3 months? Probably.

What would be the real litmus test by bringing in a guy like Heyman, wouldn't be so much if the rating went up (because honestly, it doesn't really matter to TNA, they aren't making money off the advertising, Spike is) but if he could sell those pay per views better than they have consistently. They have over a million viewers, and at best, it seems 25K of those are only gettting the pay per views on average. That's a HORRIBLE number that is the real problem here. Not a fucking rating.

So, to break it down, better booking by whoever would do it, wouldn't double the rating no matter how you slice it, but it could probably easily double the ppv buys TNA normally gets for their shows, if not more than double.

A combo of Heyman and Russo would be a fun booking team. Heyman is much better at building to the big match and seeing the big picture, but in ECW he had guys leaving left and right so that his big picture ended up ruined more often than not. Russo can handle the undercard guys and give them gimmicks and angles to get them over, but wouldn't be hotshotting anything that truly mattered.

The sad thing about TNA is that it doesn't matter who the hell they get in the company, they will still draw that same 1.2 rating. Heyman would make a better product, but it wouldn't draw anything, and if TNA got RVD or somebody, it would be a good addition to the roster, but ultimately it wouldn't make people care. There are only certain people that know TNA even exists, and some people might know they exist, but don't care anyway.

There are only certain people that know TNA even exists, and some people might know they exist, but don't care anyway.

I think this discussion begs the question: who exactly is TNA's audience? I think it's a safe bet to say that anyone who watches

TNA already is a wrestling fan, and that chances are TNA hasn't brought non-wrestling fans into the fold the way WWF and WCW did.

There are only certain people that know TNA even exists, and some people might know they exist, but don't care anyway.

I think this discussion begs the question: who exactly is TNA's audience? I think it's a safe bet to say that anyone who watches

TNA already is a wrestling fan, and that chances are TNA hasn't brought non-wrestling fans into the fold the way WWF and WCW did.

Yeah, TNA's audience seems to be just pure wrestling fans, and nothing more. Thats pretty much why TNA has had basically the same rating on Spike TV ever since they've been on the network, because its the same wrestling fans that tune in every week to watch.