TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

UFC 96: Jackson vs. Jardine

I thought Edgar/Maynard was a close fight. Maynard didn't dominate him by any stretch... But Gray is just bad style match up for Edgar. Not only is he bigger, but he's a better wrestler then Edgar. Even before the fight, I expected Gray to give Frankie all he could handle.

Gray is problay one of the bigger 155 fighters... Look how he manhandled Clementi, and Clementi is pretty big for 155.

Probably in the minority here but I'm pulling for Jardine because I want to see Lyoto get the first crack at Rashad.

Damn right. Under any other circumstances I'd be rooting for Rampage to KO Jardine, but I really wanna see Machida/Rashad for the belt. I've been wanting that match for a while to see that match.

This just doesn't look like a great card.

Keith's last two fights were 1) him getting killed in 30 seconds, and 2) beating Vera in a pretty boring fight. Jackson's name alone isn't enough to sell the ppv. Gonzaga isn't the star they wanted him to be, and he's going up against a hype monster that's mostly been on undercards. (not saying Shane isn't worthy, but his name isn't there yet for co-main event)

I met Gonzaga last week at the NAGA tournament. I was always a fan of his and he is an extremely cool guy. Not much taller than me, but he looked to be in pretty good shape. His cardio was always a problem, but I'm hoping that it isn't anymore.

I'm also hoping to see Barn Cat make it on air.

Looking at how Keith's career has gone the last 2 years, I expect Rampage to knock him out in 100 seconds, though I hope that doesn't happen.

Jardinomics states that he will.

Beats Griffin -----> KO'd by Houston ------> Beats Chuck ------> KO'd by Wand -------> Beats Vera ------> KO'd by Rampage.

It's hard to argue with such an advanced level of MMAth.

Looking at how Keith's career has gone the last 2 years, I expect Rampage to knock him out in 100 seconds, though I hope that doesn't happen.

Beats Griffin -----> KO'd by Houston ------> Beats Chuck ------> KO'd by Wand -------> Beats Vera ------> KO'd by Rampage.

The fact that part of the advertisement for this PPV is that Rampage gets a title shot with a win, but Jardine gets umm...a high five for a win(!?!) could mean that the natural order of things is once again thrown out of whack and Jardine wins with a devastating KO, hahaha. If for nothing else but to screw up Dana White's plans.

The fact that part of the advertisement for this PPV is that Rampage gets a title shot with a win, but Jardine gets umm...a high five for a win(!?!) could mean that the natural order of things is once again thrown out of whack and Jardine wins with a devastating KO, hahaha. If for nothing else but to screw up Dana White's plans.

How does it screw up Dana's plans? If Rampage loses, he has match already in place with Machida/Evans.

Jardine wouldn't fight Evans anyway. They are close friends, and training partners.

How does it screw up Dana's plans? If Rampage loses, he has match already in place with Machida/Evans.

Jardine wouldn't fight Evans anyway. They are close friends, and training partners.

I hadn't heard that Machida gets a title shot if Rampage loses. Is that official? I mean I know technically that would be the right thing to do, but this is the UFC.

Dana has said publicly that if Jardine beats Rampage that Lyoto will get the shot.

I don't see why they couldn't have just done Rampage/Machida. They just really want the belt back on anyone but Machida, apparently.

Dana has said publicly that if Jardine beats Rampage that Lyoto will get the shot.

I don't see why they couldn't have just done Rampage/Machida. They just really want the belt back on anyone but Machida, apparently.

It was originally suppose to be Rampage/Evans for UFC 96, but Rashad wanted to push it forward hence why Rampage is fighting Jardine. Plus Machida just fought a month ago.

If Rampage beats Jardine, Machida will fight Shogun/Chuck winner.

I haven't read anything about Machida fighting the winner of Shogun/Chuck. IIRC Dana has said that Lyoto WILL get a title shot this year, it's just a question of sooner rather then later.

I haven't read anything about Machida fighting the winner of Shogun/Chuck. IIRC Dana has said that Lyoto WILL get a title shot this year, it's just a question of sooner rather then later.

Dana said it a press confrence, I can't remember which one. Either way I'm sure Machida would rather be active, plus I don't think Chuck/Shogun poses any threat to him to.

Fighting someone like Chuck Liddell will also give him bigger exposure and get fans into a Machida Vs. Rampage/Rashad fight even more.

Right now, the plan is to have Rampage/Rashad sometime this summer. So, if Jardine beats Rampage then technically, Jardine will be ruining their plans.

It's going to be hard for Lyoto to end up getting a title shot this year, regardless of what Dana has said if Rampage doesn't lose. Lets think about it...

Rashad/Jackson would probably happen in the summer, depending on Jackson. If Jackson can't go, they'll wait for him. But lets say he's good to go by June-August time period. Rashad beat Griffin and then decided he didn't want to fight for about six months or so. He beats Jackson, then he probably won't want to fight again for another four/six months. That puts us at the most in October to December-ish. I suppose, if Lyoto has continued to win, they could do it here...but I somehow doubt it. That's one of UFC's top periods. Unless Lyoto has become popular, they wouldn't want to go with it. They'd probably go with someone with more name power who has won more.

If Chuck Liddell were able to KO Shogun, and then win maybe one more fight over the course of hte year, I could totally see them doing that fight before Lyoto. Same goes for any of the big stars. If no one else is in contention by that time period, then I suppose Lyoto could get it then.

But this is fighting. It's going to be hard for all these chips to fall into place.

No real interesting notes from the press conference for the show aside from Dana stating once again that Jardine is a fool for not fighting Rashad. Also said that there's a good possibility that if Kendall loses on Saturday he'll be cut.

No real interesting notes from the press conference for the show aside from Dana stating once again that Jardine is a fool for not fighting Rashad.

Rashad already beat Jardine, when he was extremely green... Now? Jardine would get destroyed.

That's not the point.

Dana really called out Jardine pretty bad... pretty much calling him a retard for not fighting for the title if he got the opportunity.

Sounds like a transparent ploy to try and get Jardine to fight Evans instead of granting Machida a title shot, should Keith pull off an upset.

Sounds like a transparent ploy to try and get Jardine to fight Evans instead of granting Machida a title shot, should Keith pull off an upset.

No kidding.

Keith Jardine vs Quinton Jackson- Jardine is always dangerous but I think Rampage will check the leg-kick and end this early.

Winner- Rampage K.O. 2:49 RD 1

Gabriel Gonzaga vs Shane Carwin- I don't think Gonzaga has ever been in a position where he has been over-powered in the octagon. Carwin's strength will make the difference in this fight.

Winner- Carwin TKO 2ND RD 3:01- Gonzaga will barely make it out of the first.

Matt Hamill vs Mark Munoz- I think Hamill will use his grappling to grind out a win.

Hamill- UD

Gray Maynard vs Jim Miller- Maynard split decision.

Pete Sell vs Matt Brown

W V F A T B T W R O T M