TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
heyguesswhatidid

Bash at the Beach 2000

The thing that cracked me up is after the whole Vampiro/Demon deal went down Vampiro came back to the arena and then a coffin and various Sting wannabes were in the ring. Sting popped out and attacked Vampiro, with bandages on his head (selling the Human Torch match). Keep in mind this deranged Undertaker style segment happened right after the whole Russo deal. Quite the juxtaposition of crazy crap.

Guest Smues

And what stuck out to me, despite how awful from top to bottom that how segment was, was Madden saying "Well that's Sting's music so it MUST be Sting." Great logic there Mark.

It was really sad watching Schiavone slowly deteriorate into a shell of himself by those last few years. Even on these 1997 Nitros, he is still pretty good despite the over hyping. But by 1999, his soul was ripped out and he just so horrible. I mean, I can't blame him but it is amazing that they totally ruined a really good PBP man with the nonsense they pumped out each week. Same goes for Heenan.

My favorite Madden/Stevie exchange came during an AWOL/Bam Bam match after Wall hit the heart punch.

Madden: A shot in the heart, AND THE WALL IS TO BLAME!

Stevie: Madden, you give wrestling a bad name.

Madden: (muttering) I didn't think you'd get the Bon Jovi reference.

I always found Stevie Ray to be pretty funny on commentary. “Suckas gots to know!”

What was the point in Booker losing to Kanyon if he was going to win the world title later in the show?

Jarrett came out and hit Booker with a guitar while the referee was putting a chair out of the ring that Kanyon brought in. Kanyon then pinned Booker. It wasn't a clean win at all.

Jarrett's interference was the whole reason they chose Booker for Jarrett's opponent.

The thing that cracked me up is after the whole Vampiro/Demon deal went down Vampiro came back to the arena and then a coffin and various Sting wannabes were in the ring. Sting popped out and attacked Vampiro, with bandages on his head (selling the Human Torch match). Keep in mind this deranged Undertaker style segment happened right after the whole Russo deal. Quite the juxtaposition of crazy crap.

The Russo deal was 100% a work, right? So idiotic. So they gave Hogan the rest of his contract off, yet still paid him? For doing nothing? I hate it when they vacate titles.

Why couldn't they stick to the original idea of having 2 champions, 1 for Thunder and 1 for Nitro? That woulda been ok.

What was the reasoning behind this worked shoot? Fans don't like title strips, we like continuity.

The only way this would make sense is if it actually was a shoot. What really happened?