TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YourKock'sReallyGreat

MLB 09 The Show & MLB 2k9

the difference between the show and 2k9 is a fucking ocean...I went out and bought a psp just for the show

right now im toiling in the minors....and it is amazing

Do you have the ps3 version as well?

no, haven't gotten the ps3 yet. Besides MLB and Metal Gear Solid, no game on the ps3 urges me to buy it, but I need a baseball game to feed the addiction, so got the psp and MLB

Are the graphics for 2k9 really that bad? I was watching videos off of Youtube and the faces look horrible and the uniforms look like they were made of plastic.

the graphics are decent, but the gameplay is fucked. Buggy, un-realistic, and just half assed

innings turn into home run derbys, players will run from the outfield to home plate instead of passing the ball...its just bad bad bad

I got The Show for the PSP and am liking it and since I don't have a PS3 I was wondering if anyone here has played the PS2 version and whether it's worth picking up.

The option to add your own music is awesome. I can't explain how cool it was to see Mariano departing the bullpen in a cool camera cut, as "Enter Sandman" started to play. Plus I gave Batista's theme to Johnny Damon when he walks to the plate just like in real life. Of course I gave the Wolfpac theme to Giambi even though he's no longer on my team.

Hitting is still tough though, you gotta really work the count and be selective. Though even when I make contact, it always seems to be a flyout.

I love the custom music option, EXCEPT that the song ends abruptly before the 1st pitch. Would it have been so hard to fade it out like they do in real life?

I love the custom music option, EXCEPT that the song ends abruptly before the 1st pitch. Would it have been so hard to fade it out like they do in real life?

Agreed.

Though the coolest thing happened after a game once, they showed the highlights and went to the final wrap up screen with boxscore and "Jive Soul Bro" started p;aying (its on my ps3 hdd), but they made it sound like it was playing through the stadium speakers. Awesome. Now I want Yankee Stadium to play this song after every game, after NY,NY of course. Actually it would be cool if you could edit the song played at the end to NY,NY.

But anyhow still cool

Any of you guys wanna get a league going?

Which game? I'm stuck with no way to play PS3, but I might buy MLB 2K9 if there's a league. Horrible reviewsaside, I want a baseball game and the new MLB Power Pros doesn't come out till late July.

Which game? I'm stuck with no way to play PS3, but I might buy MLB 2K9 if there's a league. Horrible reviewsaside, I want a baseball game and the new MLB Power Pros doesn't come out till late July.

You should have kept your PS3. Your post on cheapass about getting rid of it pissed me off.

You should have kept your PS3. Your post on cheapass about getting rid of it pissed me off.

That's the second time you've said that. Why would you be pissed off about what I do? Also, for the second time, I'll say this- the reason I returned the PS3 was because it didn't work on my TV. I have a 2003 RCA rear projection that displays in 1080i but not 720i/720p, whichever it is. I only returned the system since I couldn't play it without buying a new TV, which I cannot afford.

Who are you on CAG? There's no YKRG there.

The game is kinda broken when you go longer into the franchise. I don't even bother with free agency or drafting anymore, unless its to re-sign my own guys or nab a 19-20 year old A potential for 10 years. Class 5 guys are the best bet to fill an immediate need, and usually you can get a few years out of those before those guys you signed for 10 years are ready.

Or maybe I'm just really good at selecting Class 5 guys.

So, I am guessing this is the thread the throw this in, but I just picked up Front Office Manager off a clearance rack for $20 bucks. I didn't open it yet because I feel the game most likely will drop cheaper some point in the near future, but am still kind of interested in just jumping in. Thoughts anybody?