TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

American Idol Season 8

Am I the only one who doesn't think Lil is all that horrid? Simon's trashing is hilarious and she isn't great by any means, but I haven't found her intolerable.

Good move saving Matt tonight. That song was not good for him but in past weeks, he's been solid. At this point it didn't hurt to keep him for another week as he's much better then Lil. I don't think there's any way she gets past next week. Matt obviously also has got to step it up to be safe for next week.

On another note, they need to have Simon judge everyone regardless of time. He obviously has the strongest influence on the viewers and is pretty much right. For him to judge every other time makes this competition not fair.

So, this is the great save. They lecture us over so-called past injustices like Chris, Jennifer, etc. then use the save on Matt? Da hell? He is a guy the public will never allow to win, and he will never have a recording career.

Although, if next week was the last week to use it, and odds are it'd be Lill, I guess the show didn't want to be forced into using it on her or not using it.

Surprsingly good show for a disco theme. But then again this is one of the strongest talent pools they have had on Idol. Based on last night, the bottom 3 should be Annoop, Lil, and Matt but you never know. Personally I am hoping for Matt and Lil to go, but I still think the final 4 will be Adam,Allison, Danny, and Kris.

This season has just been so boring. Even Quentin Tarantino couldn't get me to watch, and I was looking forward to that particular theme anyways. Oh well, I guess I'll give it a shot next season, cause at this point only Lambert completely flaming out and going on stage in full drag singing Scissor Sisters songs could get me to watch. Or Normund Gentle.

So my prediction came true. Actually almost any result would have been okay, as Tuesday's show was one of the best ever, with no one outright sucking, and very entertaining. Glad to see Matt go, as he is sort of a weak link compared with the others. Great final four left. I would still be shocked if Danny or Adam don't win the thing. Personally I think Danny should take it as he is the best pure singer left. Adam AKA Emo boy, has a powerful voice, but is a little too over the top at times and very theatrical. He really should take it down a notch and just sing it normally as he has shown he can do. Kris has kind of grown on me lately and is by far the most improved. Allison is a pro, simple as that. She has incredible stage presence for her age, and a strong, unique voice to boot. Should be good from this point on.

Worst performance of all time?

Danny screwed up by picking that song. Either that or he shouldn't have done the scream at the end. He said in the video package he had to, but no he didn't, remember "it's all about originality" However I don't think that'll cost him. I predict either Kris or Allison go home tonight, but to be fair Danny had the worst performance so in all fairness it should be him. And what was the point of the duets? I guess to fill time. Of course they could have let the 4 do the longer versions of the song. I mean they are longer then they were weeks ago, but still cut short.

That all said I like all 4 of them, so any way I'll be a bit pissed tonight.

One of Kris/Allison will go tonight. The other will go next week. But I am telling you, Danny is never going to live down "Scream On"... it was like he was trying to pull off Adam and failed.

The reason for the deuts is simple. The 4 judge format makes it impossible to let them sing two songs a piece. Also, they paired the legit rockers against the faux-rockers and it was clear as day who were the worst.

My rankings for the night:

Adam/Allison duet

Adam

Allison

Danny/Kris deut

Kris

GAP

Danny

If there were justice in the world, Danny would go, but it ain't going to happen. I'm not even sure why people support the guy. He is the next Taylor Hicks.

I quite liked Allison so it was a groan worthy moment that she was eliminated while Gokey survived. The only thing I can figure is this dude is getting the sympathy love due to his wife dying. He was hideous doing "Dream On" and should have been gone.

I never would have guessed Kris would have made it this far, but he has improved so much he probably deserves it (and this is coming from me, who thought it was an outrage he made it into the top 13 in the first place). But he is likely the one to go home this week.

Danny has seemed to coast by on sentiment from the audience. Even though I feel he has a lot of talent, he has never been able to show it in a single performance. So despite having IMO the best pure voice, he has never clicked on stage.

Allison was arguably the best "performer" on the show (I guess outside of Adam). She had incredible stage presence for her age, as well as crazy vocal skills. But she never seemed to click with the voters for whatever reason. But then again, let us remember that most of the votes are likely coming from pre-teen girls texting their votes by the truckload for whatever guy they think is the hottest.

Honestly I never voted more then a couple times for anyone, cuz I don't have the patience. I don't know about anyone else.

Well the dark horse made it. Although looking back at Tuesday's show, Danny was better than Adam, at elast in his second song. I had a werid feeling Kris was going to make it, and to be the first one safe was a shocking moment (does that mean he had the most votes?) . But his secong song sealed it for him (probably the best performance of Tuesday's show) Now you'd think Adam will win this easily, but don't count out Kris just yet. Remember last year it was easy to assume David A. would win. Should be a great final.

Allison was arguably the best "performer" on the show (I guess outside of Adam). She had incredible stage presence for her age, as well as crazy vocal skills. But she never seemed to click with the voters for whatever reason. But then again, let us remember that most of the votes are likely coming from pre-teen girls texting their votes by the truckload for whatever guy they think is the hottest.

It's a strange thing. A large segment of tweens will vote for guys like Kris, but in real life they'll be the first in line for the latest Miley CD. So, I do think Allison has a shot at a career with that in mind.

As for Kris, he was/is the least objectionable of the three guys.

Danny was villain of the season. Adam is flamboyant. Kris is just sort of there with a pleasant if not unremarkable voice. It isn't my thing, but I understand his advancement to the finals.

It's a strange thing. A large segment of tweens will vote for guys like Kris, but in real life they'll be the first in line for the latest Miley CD. So, I do think Allison has a shot at a career with that in mind.

As for Kris, he was/is the least objectionable of the three guys.

Danny was villain of the season. Adam is flamboyant. Kris is just sort of there with a pleasant if not unremarkable voice. It isn't my thing, but I understand his advancement to the finals.

Good points, although I don't think Danny was a villian persay. I thought he had a great voice, but he never showed it to his potential due to bad song choice and overperforming. Actually to me Matt was more of the villian cuz he stayed on way too long, got the save only cuz it was the last chance to use it, and outlasted Annoop even though he was better than him in the week he was eliminated. But I guess it doesn't matter who wins and whatnot, as it's up to the fans to buy thier records after the show and not forget about them. And I can see quite a few of this season's finalists getting record deals pretty quickly. And dare I say even becoming top popular artists.

In any event, I look forward to tonight's show. The sentimental part of me hopes Kris wins, though Adam is the obvious favorite. Though as I said before last year I was convinced David A. would win easily. So the favortie is not always the winner, but it happens a majority of the time on Idol.

My gut instinct was right for once. Congrats to Kris. I think he may have won due to the fact he is more of a "normal" guy as opposed to Adam's over the top look, and singing style (very theatrical). Plus he is from the south and now 5 singers from the South have won the Idol title. Don't underestimate the Country and Middle America votes. However it bothers me less, because Kris is not really a country singer, he's more of a soft pop and ballad style singer. I would have been okay with either fo the two winning though. Adam is gonna make something of himself I'd b et. If he isn't starring in a broadway show within the year, I'd be shocked. It doesn't matter that much, because the winner doesn't always have the most success (e.g. Daughtry). I expect to hear from a number of this seasons finalists again.

The show last night was fun, if not oftentimes bizzare (Steve Martin playing the banjo?) A lot of performances too. I guess they got to get ready for the tour.

And it was cool to see Nick/Norman again, less much Tatiana. The audience was full of random celebrities as usual, which always makes me chuckle a bit. Plus former Idol contestants (yes we had a Justin Guarini sighting, probably looking for spare change)

All in all, a nice end to perhaps the best season (talent wise) yet. IMO it revitalized the show, which I was becoming bored with after 7 years. Wonder if we have seen the last of Paula.

I actually hope Paula comes back. Simon/Kara just have no chemistry. Simon/Paula is amusing in the "Oh just have sex already!" vein, whereas Simon and Kara just seem like two people who don't like each other.

Anyway, the right guy won. Kris Allen mostly won by not screwing up and not being annoying. Once this thing got down to the final 4 or so I asked myself which of these people I could actually imagine myself listening to. I can't imagine listening to a Danny Gokey album, and I couldn't stand listening to Lambert's high pitched screaming over 12 tracks. I liked Allison the best, but at least Kris Allen could be a somewhat successful white bread soft rocker like Jason Mraz.

Pretty simple what happened. The demographics of people voting worked against Adam. Tweens and bible thumpers united to give Kris the win.

Personally, I liked Allison, so I never had a rooting interest in the finale. I am not really big on Adam and his screaming, but the reactions of his fans on the AI boards are fairly amusing.

Pretty simple what happened. The demographics of people voting worked against Adam. Tweens and bible thumpers united to give Kris the win.

Personally, I liked Allison, so I never had a rooting interest in the finale. I am not really big on Adam and his screaming, but the reactions of his fans on the AI boards are fairly amusing.

Great point there Swindle. I also was an Allison fan, but I think she has a great career ahead of her. Kris was also multi-talented and could play instruments, so he's more of an all-around performer so using that logic, he deserved to win. Kris was also on Leno last night and came across really well and funny. He really developed a personality and confidence as the show went on, so he was by far the most improved contestant, after all I didn't even understand how he made it to to the top 13, but he did and made me take notice by getting better every week.

That being said I never voted once this year, the one time I tried, it was busy so I said "screw this". Damn Idol allowing only AT&T cell users to text vote.

I'd be happy if next season we didn't hear stuff like:

You are the best.

See you in the finale.

Greatest performance eveh!!!!

That could be a hit single on the radio.

etc.

The nonsense out of the judges' pieholes is getting silly. Give the performers real feedback and leave it at that.

Also, the clear double standard between performers is crap. I remember one of the judges gave Danny an 'A for effort' for Scream On. If someone like Anoop had done that, he'd have been destroyed.

The voters likes underdogs. They don't like being told who the best.